Back to The Science of Training Young Athletes

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Science of Training Young Athletes by University of Florida

Seventy percent of kids drop out of sports before their high school graduation. Only 15% leave because they feel they are not good enough. Almost 70% leave because they were not having fun, or due to problems with the coach. Injuries cause 30% to give up sports. This course is packed full of practical sports science information that provide youth coaches and parents with the practical pediatric sports science insights to successfully retain young athletes and develop their sport potential while avoiding injury and overtraining. We begin by examining the multidimensional nature of coaching, the relevant sport motor performance abilities, the impact of growth and development on motor skills, the gene versus practice controversy, and briefly overview the body structures strengthened through training. Then we explore the athlete's energy supply, where this energy comes from, and how it matures along with the athlete. Finally, we examine the development of strength, power, anaerobic capacity, coordination and flexibility through the life span. The optional text manual for this course is available at: http://www.learnitez.com/HighPerformanceScience/manuals/...

BD
May 27, 2017

Great base to build on. Filled in my gaps with regards to physical/physiological development of young athletes. For me it is a great addition to the English FA Level 1 and 2 football coaching course.

R
Dec 7, 2020

This course was very helpful in how we can train our athletes and the factors that may hinder their performances especially when they transition from pre-teenage years to post-teenage years.

26 - 50 of 203 Reviews for The Science of Training Young Athletes

By Andr�s A V F

Sep 13, 2020

It is an excellent course, which contemplates in a very understandable way the most important topics within the sports training environment.

As for the Speaker, Dr. Chris Brooks, is a very capable person in her area, who transmits knowledge in a very practical way.

By Patrick D

Excellent course where the scientific background of the basic training methodologies is explained in a clear and consise way. I know understand the why's an how's of training young athletes much better and will incorporate this knowledge into my future training plans.

By Richard R D

Feb 9, 2019

I love this course. Very well explained and detailled. It also gives you a great insight of sport sciences.

Some of the modules really explaned the difference between genders. As a soccer of coach of young females athletes, it teaches more about females athletes too.

By Daequan J

Aug 17, 2020

This course was excellent, it taught me new information that will now help me to develop my skills and experience as a coach not just to young athletes but to any age group. I will definitely recommend this course to anyone who wants to develop their coaching skills

By Leigh S

May 7, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. I haven't had a physiology class in 30 years and a bit has changed. I appreciated the practical application of coaching knowledge backed up by the scientific research that has been concluded since I left the university environment.

By kevin p g n

Mar 10, 2020

de verdad a mi pareces esta muy completo el curso, abarco muchos de los aspectos que los entrenadores debemos conocer en nuestro día a día, muchas gracias por dictar este tipo de cursos, aveces es difícil que esta información llegue a ciertos países.

By Joy A R

Jun 24, 2017

Great course. Dr. Brooks has covered the young athlete's physical, mental and emotional development in great detail and the course provides really good reference material to design and deliver the right coaching methods targeted toward the children.

By Tania M

Sep 15, 2020

The insights for course are incredible, highly recommended. The outcome is a great understanding of how young athletes develop, it will save you frustrations because you will have the facts. Thanks Dr. Chris Brooks and University of Florida.

By Dionifel V D G

May 23, 2020

Excellent course! So many things you can learn. Even if you've already studied this in the university, it's still such good resource for additional and practical information. Syllabus is easy to follow. Contents are really educational.

By Erez G

Aug 1, 2019

Well done built. brought by a very professional way.

It was very clear. the subtitles were important in the beginning until I could understand or get used to the Australian accent. Looking forward to complete the advanced course.

By Vitor P d B

Apr 10, 2020

The course is very good and Dr. Brooks is a great teacher. If you're (or want to be) a coach, this course will help you a lot in understanding the science of training young athletes and developing your skills as a professional.

By Suzanne R

Aug 4, 2020

This is an excellent course. Teaching the appropriate amount of information to get new coaches started on the right path. Time to do the work and turn in assignments is well organized. I recommend it to anyone interested!

By Estefany G

Jun 23, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, it opened a new vision for me because I got a lot of useful information that I can use with my athletes and it also motivated me to keep learning. It showed me that I really love doing this job!

By Garfield R

Jun 18, 2020

This course helped me a lot in understanding the development stages of a young athlete and gave me a lot of knowledge and confidence going forward it was a great and very knowledgeable experience from which I've gained alot.

By RAJESH J C

Apr 26, 2020

Thank you so much. I had learned alot about human body , and how to train them effectively on right time. once again thank you so much it was really good to understand , and implement in our training programe.

By mario g

Nov 30, 2020

this course gave me a lot of extra informations on how to deal with young athletes and gain their confidence and how to make them love what they are doing.

thank you Dr.Chris Brooks for your amazing help

By Pierre L

Jul 14, 2016

Very good course on the basics of coaching and training.

sometimes we wish to learn more but it is only an introduction.

The videos are really well made and the professor really knows her subject.

By Iskandar Y N

Mar 2, 2021

As a Physical Education student and sports coach, this course helped me to review some classes I've attended at university. Also, I've learned vocabulary in English related to my field of study.

By Richard M

Dec 7, 2020

By Анастасия Л

Feb 17, 2020

This is a great course with huge amount of information! Was interesting and informative all the way, and would definitely recommend for those seeking more in-depth information on this topic.

By Carlos F A

Jan 13, 2021

Very useful!! It was nice to realize this course!! I recommend it to people who want to learn about training, human body, physiologie... The teacher explains the contents cleary!! 5 stars!!

By Porferia P

May 1, 2020

The course was explained comprehensively.. thank you so much for making this course, I have learned a lot. I can surely use this knowledge in my class as Physical Education teacher

By Nji A F

Apr 19, 2020

A great thanks to my course instructor Dr Brooks and to my peers,believe me its very rich and would inform many friends to benefits too. keep the spirit and never stop learning.

By Tércio A d R B

Sep 9, 2018

Very well designed course, provides very complete and deep information regarding the Science of Training such as the physiology, biology, athletes training and others ...

By Lorena A Z G

Apr 23, 2020

It is helpful, not only for coaches but also for athletes, or in my case sports therapists. It helps you understand how the body of an athlete works from an early age.