Back to Project Management: Creating the WBS

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Project Management: Creating the WBS by Coursera Project Network

In this guided project you will learn how to build a WBS for your project. You will decompose your project into the main elements, then further decompose those into even smaller, more manageable pieces of work. As we decompose our project into smaller elements, we will be using decomposition rules such as the 100%, and the mutually exclusive elements rules. You will continue decomposition until you get elements that can be estimated properly and that you can delegate to a person or a team. You will also create a WBS dictionary, explaining the elements in your WBS. We will do all of this in Google Sheet, but the same concepts can be used with any tool, i.e. Excel SP, WBS creation tools, etc. Note: This course works best for learners who are based in the North America region. We’re currently working on providing the same experience in other regions....

AP
Sep 11, 2020

Instructor was the best thing one could have for this type of guided projects, he explained every thing with such a ease that it was a fun learning experience. lOking forward for more such cources.

Apr 20, 2021

The course was confirmed my knowledge that I gained during my past carrier life and encouraged me to learn more and more for further development in the field of project management.

1 - 25 of 31 Reviews for Project Management: Creating the WBS

By GAURAB A

Nov 2, 2020

Good Project. However, get a brief knowledge of the subject matter before diving into the project. Trust me, the experience will be a lot better then and it's fairly easy getting readily available information on the net.

By Daniyal A

Apr 5, 2021

This course is quite helpful in terms of understanding WBS as one can easily learn to design one through this course and will also learn about how to efficiently manage a project so as to conduct operations on time.

By Abhishek P

Sep 12, 2020

By Dinesh S

Apr 21, 2021

By Evan G C

Sep 17, 2020

This course is very simple an easy to follow, yet the skills acquired after the course in unprecedented. No project big or small, this method WBS can be applied.

By Carmine R D

Mar 15, 2021

Highly recommend starting with this course to understand the basics of creating a WBS.

By Melinda W

Nov 17, 2020

Very good course! I highly recommend it as a Project Management course for beginners.

By Juliefel E

Oct 26, 2020

The guided course is Super Great and the instructor addresses the course efficiently.

By Shelly P

Sep 14, 2020

A very helpful refresher that actually taught me a few new things!

By cherry c b

Sep 18, 2020

short topic but very useful and simple to understand and apply.

By Garv k

Aug 27, 2020

A good project and introduction can be improved more !!

By Freddy H

Jun 21, 2021

I used this as a refresher and it was excellent

By Libertad M S L

May 11, 2021

Very nice Guided Project!! Recommended!!

By Raynor F E

Nov 10, 2020

i enjoy this project ...a must try

By Lavesh N

Sep 15, 2020

Pretty good if you are a beginner

By Robert G

Nov 26, 2020

Very informative for a beginner

By Russel A R

By JYOTI P S

Mar 12, 2021

By Nikos M

Dec 13, 2020

Very nice course. Enough information in a limited time.

By Surendra k

Dec 18, 2020

best to all students coerces for all branches