Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

TQ
Dec 7, 2020

A must for non-native learners and advanced learners. Step by step method of writing for many different school boards in South Asian countries. Extremely practical way with appropriate examples.

DB
Aug 16, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

101 - 125 of 397 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Lyca M P C

Nov 22, 2020

With the help of this course, I gained improvement in my writings. I like the method of teaching and the quizzes help me understand more about each lesson.

By Narinder K

Apr 11, 2020

An outstanding course to learn how to develop plagiarism-free academic essays. Approach used by course instructors is truly engaging as well as inspiring.

By Juan E L S

Nov 8, 2020

I really like this course. I'm not used to use MLA format. This course was an excellent opportunity to excel my writing abilitities.

Thank you all !!!!

By Wendy Z

Feb 27, 2018

This course is very beneficia,l as the writing requirements have become more academic-oriented. And it is consistent with the former two courses well.

By K.D.U.M. M

Jul 12, 2020

This course is a very helpful course.This helps to improve our writing skills as well as the right way to avoid plagiarism in our academic work.

By Abdul Q

Apr 4, 2020

It was an amazing experience for me. I loved the course and learned a lot of new stuff. Teaching method along with all the activities was fun.

By RIYA D S

Aug 11, 2020

Best course if you want to improve your writing skills. Really helpful. All the videos, practice exercises, and readings are just great.

By Messias U

Feb 11, 2016

Advanced Writing is a course that challenges the best English learner. You apply what you've learned so far and things get more formal.

By BOBBILI M L 2

Aug 25, 2020

This course has given me an in-depth knowledge about essay writing techniques and has helped me do better in my scholarly articles.

By Husam E A M I

Nov 10, 2018

this course bring the most of you, I mean really test your patients to write and that what every early-stage writer would need.

By Deepa K

Aug 4, 2020

This course teaches how to improve our essays and it also teaches types of essays. Very useful and very beneficial course too.

By Previana P N

Aug 10, 2020

finally, i know the proper and steps to write an essay, especially the academic one. thank you so much for the instructions.

By Saleha A

Mar 21, 2018

This course has helped me a lot in understanding how to write academic documented essays. I would definitely recommend it.

By AS102

Mar 4, 2017

This is not an easy course, but once you finish it, your academic writing skills are going to improve considerably, Best!

By BELTRAN

Mar 21, 2021

One of the best advanced writing course in a foreing language never seen before! It is outstanding. I recommend it 100%.

By Ayanda T

Jul 4, 2020

This course was very useful because it taught me how to write academic essays since my course involves advanced writing.

By SREELAKSHMI K

Mar 5, 2021

The course really helped me to improve my writing skills. The study materials are also good in content and informative.

By A. A K

Dec 27, 2020

Thank you so much for enlightening me on how to draft an effective essay. I was totally new to this and learnt so much.

By RAVI J

Oct 10, 2020

This course very helpful for the beginners, in essay , avoiding plagiarism and introduction to research paper writing .

By Evelyn A M

May 11, 2021

The course was definitely very enriching, where you can learn and put into practice topics such as citing correctly.

By Tommy Q

Dec 22, 2015

I learn a lot from this class so far, but I'm having difficult for the Quiz, i know i should take some notes, hahaha

By Shramana M

Aug 27, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed it and learnt a lot about different kinds of essays and using in-text citations. Very helpful.

By Paula C

Sep 29, 2020

This course helped me a lot to correct the common mistakes that I make because English is not my native language.

By Devyani J P

Sep 23, 2020

I always wanted to learn the various ways of writing and mastering the skills. I love how this course has it all.

By Anisajahanrani

Jul 10, 2020

I really appreciate Coursera. I've learned many essay and important parts which I never knew. Thank you Coursera.