Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DB

Aug 17, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

MA

May 11, 2019

This course was so much useful for writing especially for essay and another writing.\n\nBy this kink of course we are able to write an interesting essay.\n\nthank so much Coursera

1 - 25 of 148 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Zafar I

Dec 03, 2018

Thank you very much again.

I am thank full for coursers that create this cite .this is very good and leaning cite for every one.

By AIDA B S H

Nov 17, 2015

Fantastic and fun!

By Liu A

Nov 17, 2015

This advanced writing course illustrates how to writing a longer college essay and guides students all over the world to start their very first writing piece.

By Marina

Dec 25, 2015

The course is highly effective!

By Anjali K

Jun 24, 2019

Not much examples by instructor. Takes a lot of time for peers to review

By Tong Z

Jun 27, 2019

Very bad. Not helpful at all. No one is responsible for the class. All the files are expired and I reported the problem. No one cares about it or fixes it.

By Badar A

Jan 09, 2019

great course

By Muhammad E

Feb 14, 2019

I found this course very helpful in my academic pursuit. Considering its importance, i would recommend this course for all those who are connected with academic publications and who are enrolled in colleges and universities. It will really help them in accomplishing their goals.

By anjali G

Feb 26, 2019

Superb COurse. Thanks.

By Ayesha K

Dec 22, 2018

I have learned the skills of advance academic writing essentially useful in college and university studies. I have also learned about plagiarism and it’s conseq, plus MLA formatting of paper. These skills will add value to my writing skills. Thanks to my professors and coursera to provide me this incredible opportunity of learning. I would love to do mentoring for this course if given an opportunity.

By Rimsha L

Dec 26, 2018

I want to have some more free courses

By 姚娇娇

Apr 03, 2019

the content is very useful ,thanks for the university teachers

By Ali M

Apr 08, 2019

Very supportive content and it helped me alot in knowing about writing essays in different aspects

By Sven M

Feb 23, 2016

Excellent Course!

By SULIMAN A S A

Dec 29, 2015

Firstly, I would love to introduce myself to you. I'm Suliman from Libya. I'm Teaching Assistant at the University of Benghazi. Secondly, I would love to thank you so much for your hard working and for this wonderful course. Thank you once more.

By Laura F

Apr 22, 2016

Great !!!!

By Rafael D

Feb 11, 2016

From this 1.5 month course, I learned far more than I did from the 4-year on-campus studying. Of course, the level of the universities in my country is not nearly as that of the US; nevertheless, in the single combat "Adv.Writing course against a "Bachelor's degree", the latter sustains a crushing defeat!

By Tafadzwa

Dec 13, 2015

helped in my phd writing thesis

By George C M

Dec 21, 2015

Another well structured course that provided challenges to help impove essay writing techniques. Thanks you.

By Rodrigo S A

Jan 27, 2017

Great Course I like it a lot. I learn new things for my research

By hamza b

Jun 06, 2016

Great course

By Huang h

Mar 01, 2016

Great Course, in particular to students whose tongue are not English.

By VALLE J

Jun 15, 2017

Such a good course...

By FANGCHEN L

Feb 25, 2016

It's wonderful and useful.

By Glauber A

May 13, 2016

I have learned a lot in this course. Ordinary English courses don't cover the topics we have studied here.