Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DB

Aug 17, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

MA

May 11, 2019

This course was so much useful for writing especially for essay and another writing.\n\nBy this kink of course we are able to write an interesting essay.\n\nthank so much Coursera

1 - 25 of 152 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Liu A

Nov 17, 2015

This advanced writing course illustrates how to writing a longer college essay and guides students all over the world to start their very first writing piece.

By Marina

Dec 25, 2015

The course is highly effective!

By AIDA B S H

Nov 17, 2015

Fantastic and fun!

By Anjali K

Jun 24, 2019

Not much examples by instructor. Takes a lot of time for peers to review

By Tong Z

Jun 27, 2019

Very bad. Not helpful at all. No one is responsible for the class. All the files are expired and I reported the problem. No one cares about it or fixes it.

By Geovanna F

Aug 05, 2019

Esse curso me proporcionou aprendizados muito valorosos, tanto enquanto eu escrevia, assim como quando eu avaliava os meus colegas, adquiri conhecimentos em outras áreas, aprendi a escrever artigos acadêmicos, o que eu não fazia antes, além de eu ter desenvolvido a minha escrita pessoal, e fui aprendendo a incorporar meus pensamentos, meus argumentos e impactar o leitor. O diferencial desse curso para mim foi a interação entre colegas, eu fui capaz aprender muito com eles. Certamente valeu muito a pena o tempo que despendi nesse curso, e será um diferencial para a minha vida acadêmica e futura carreira

By Ayesha K

Dec 22, 2018

I have learned the skills of advance academic writing essentially useful in college and university studies. I have also learned about plagiarism and it’s conseq, plus MLA formatting of paper. These skills will add value to my writing skills. Thanks to my professors and coursera to provide me this incredible opportunity of learning. I would love to do mentoring for this course if given an opportunity.

By Rafael D

Feb 11, 2016

From this 1.5 month course, I learned far more than I did from the 4-year on-campus studying. Of course, the level of the universities in my country is not nearly as that of the US; nevertheless, in the single combat "Adv.Writing course against a "Bachelor's degree", the latter sustains a crushing defeat!

By Muhammad E

Feb 14, 2019

I found this course very helpful in my academic pursuit. Considering its importance, i would recommend this course for all those who are connected with academic publications and who are enrolled in colleges and universities. It will really help them in accomplishing their goals.

By SULIMAN A S A

Dec 29, 2015

Firstly, I would love to introduce myself to you. I'm Suliman from Libya. I'm Teaching Assistant at the University of Benghazi. Secondly, I would love to thank you so much for your hard working and for this wonderful course. Thank you once more.

By Nathan B

Mar 30, 2018

This is a very good course That said, it suffers from the same problem most courses Coursera provides. The Peer Review, where you may end up being reviewed by a classmate who is prejudiced against your opinion and grades you falsely.

By Raghvendra S

Feb 09, 2016

through this course i was able to right effectively on some complex topics which was what i was hoping for. Thanks a lot to the instructor Tamy Chapman whose video lectures were excellent in content and quality.

By Diptiman B

Aug 17, 2016

By Malak A

Jan 02, 2018

One of the best courses I have taken by far. Everything from the videos to assignments is amazing and informative. It has helped me tremendously. I encourage everyone to take it.

By Mohammd z a

May 11, 2019

By this kink of course we are able to write an interesting essay.

By Nida J

Nov 06, 2018

its an excellent course which really improved my writing skills.good work by the team.all videos and material is really helpful and informative.thanks to the team.

By Izar T

Jan 23, 2020

The course is very informative and it has helped me a lot as a teacher for academic writing and as a student who engages constantly in writing assignments.

By Wendy Z

Feb 27, 2018

This course is very beneficia,l as the writing requirements have become more academic-oriented. And it is consistent with the former two courses well.

By Messias M U

Feb 11, 2016

Advanced Writing is a course that challenges the best English learner. You apply what you've learned so far and things get more formal.

By BENJAMIN O K B

Oct 31, 2016

I really love this cause. My writing skills is really impoving. I like my peers their reviews.it really train me on writing well.

By Zafar I

Dec 03, 2018

Thank you very much again.

I am thank full for coursers that create this cite .this is very good and leaning cite for every one.

By Husam E A M I

Nov 10, 2018

this course bring the most of you, I mean really test your patients to write and that what every early-stage writer would need.

By Saleha A

Mar 21, 2018

This course has helped me a lot in understanding how to write academic documented essays. I would definitely recommend it.

By Ali S

Mar 04, 2017

This is not an easy course, but once you finish it, your academic writing skills are going to improve considerably, Best!

By Tommy Q

Dec 22, 2015

I learn a lot from this class so far, but I'm having difficult for the Quiz, i know i should take some notes, hahaha