Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DB

Aug 17, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

MA

May 11, 2019

This course was so much useful for writing especially for essay and another writing.\n\nBy this kink of course we are able to write an interesting essay.\n\nthank so much Coursera

1 - 25 of 137 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Zafar I

Dec 03, 2018

Thank you very much again.

I am thank full for coursers that create this cite .this is very good and leaning cite for every one.

By Ahmad A

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you very much course.

By Natália A d C

Jun 17, 2019

Great course. I was able to practice and improve my writing skills.

By Mohammd z a

May 11, 2019

By this kink of course we are able to write an interesting essay.

By Ali M

Apr 08, 2019

Very supportive content and it helped me alot in knowing about writing essays in different aspects

By 姚娇娇

Apr 03, 2019

the content is very useful ,thanks for the university teachers

By anjali G

Feb 26, 2019

Superb COurse. Thanks.

By Muhammad E

Feb 14, 2019

I found this course very helpful in my academic pursuit. Considering its importance, i would recommend this course for all those who are connected with academic publications and who are enrolled in colleges and universities. It will really help them in accomplishing their goals.

By Badar A

Jan 09, 2019

great course

By Rimsha L

Dec 26, 2018

I want to have some more free courses

By Ayesha K

Dec 22, 2018

I have learned the skills of advance academic writing essentially useful in college and university studies. I have also learned about plagiarism and it’s conseq, plus MLA formatting of paper. These skills will add value to my writing skills. Thanks to my professors and coursera to provide me this incredible opportunity of learning. I would love to do mentoring for this course if given an opportunity.

By Miriam R A

Dec 01, 2018

There are useful courses to adquire skills to write academic texts.

By Iqra K

Nov 22, 2018

This course was very helpful in honing my essay writing skills and I would definitely recommend it to other learners.

By Husam E A M I

Nov 10, 2018

this course bring the most of you, I mean really test your patients to write and that what every early-stage writer would need.

By Nida J

Nov 06, 2018

its an excellent course which really improved my writing skills.good work by the team.all videos and material is really helpful and informative.thanks to the team.

By Tan J F

Nov 03, 2018

By Wayne L

Oct 28, 2018

1) Course content not systematic and sophisticated enough.

2) The lecturer seems not qualified or knowledgeable enough about the course topic. e.g. Regarding the MLA Works Cited format, she only gave some limited examples, without explaining it clearly.

3) The quiz’s are not designed well, for the course owner simply copied a number of existing flash/video quiz’s embedded in between the lectures, which are not of high quality. Besides, the quiz’s at the end of each lecture are to short and too facile/easy.

4) The course depends hugely on peer review, but I don't get as much as I expected from it, partly because the grading standards are not well designed.

By FARKHANDA I

Oct 26, 2018

Really, it was fruitful and awesome course

By Yi D

Jul 08, 2018

Excellent course for writing

By Digby D

May 22, 2018

Disgustingly juvenile for what alleges to be an "Advanced" course, avoid if you care about writing quality essays or writing in general.

By Gustavo P

May 15, 2018

Demanding and excellent course.

By Manida P

May 13, 2018

Quite difficult, but good learning.

By kleber l