Back to Advanced Writing

Advanced Writing, University of California, Irvine

About this Course

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

By DB

Aug 17, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

By MA

Jan 02, 2018

One of the best courses I have taken by far. Everything from the videos to assignments is amazing and informative. It has helped me tremendously. I encourage everyone to take it.

131 Reviews

By Muhammad Ehsan

Feb 14, 2019

I found this course very helpful in my academic pursuit. Considering its importance, i would recommend this course for all those who are connected with academic publications and who are enrolled in colleges and universities. It will really help them in accomplishing their goals.

By Badar Aldahami

Jan 09, 2019

great course

By Rimsha Liaqat

Dec 26, 2018

I want to have some more free courses

By Ayesha Kalim

Dec 22, 2018

I have learned the skills of advance academic writing essentially useful in college and university studies. I have also learned about plagiarism and it’s conseq, plus MLA formatting of paper. These skills will add value to my writing skills. Thanks to my professors and coursera to provide me this incredible opportunity of learning. I would love to do mentoring for this course if given an opportunity.

By Zafar Iqbal

Dec 03, 2018

Thank you very much again.

I am thank full for coursers that create this cite .this is very good and leaning cite for every one.

By Miriam Ruiz Arias

Dec 01, 2018

There are useful courses to adquire skills to write academic texts.

By Iqra Khan

Nov 22, 2018

This course was very helpful in honing my essay writing skills and I would definitely recommend it to other learners.

By Husam Eldeen Adam Mohammed Ibraheem

Nov 10, 2018

this course bring the most of you, I mean really test your patients to write and that what every early-stage writer would need.

By Nida Javaid

Nov 06, 2018

its an excellent course which really improved my writing skills.good work by the team.all videos and material is really helpful and informative.thanks to the team.

By Tan Joo Fu