Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

TQ
Dec 7, 2020

A must for non-native learners and advanced learners. Step by step method of writing for many different school boards in South Asian countries. Extremely practical way with appropriate examples.

UL
Oct 5, 2020

This is one of the most interesting course on Coursera. I'm really glad that I completed the course and earned a certificate. The videos and the PDF documents are very informative!

126 - 150 of 397 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Dale L

Feb 4, 2021

This course is very informative, the assignments provided an opportunity to practice writing skills as we learn.

By Edwin G C

Jul 7, 2020

I have learned a lot from this course. The instructions were very succinct and very technical at the same time.

By Akinola A

Feb 6, 2016

It is detailed, rigorous, and exciting! The teacher's presentations in video materials are interesting as well!

By George C M

Dec 21, 2015

Another well structured course that provided challenges to help impove essay writing techniques. Thanks you.

By Rosilene A

Dec 11, 2015

I am in love for this course, a lot of good information, practice activities, etc...

It is helping me a lot!

By Glauber A

May 13, 2016

I have learned a lot in this course. Ordinary English courses don't cover the topics we have studied here.

By Donette H

Jan 15, 2021

This is an excellent course. I have learnt a great deal about plagiarism and enhanced my writing skills.

By Nimasi S P

Sep 1, 2020

I've learn to write a collage essay through this course. It was a great help for my studies. Thank you.

By Fausto G

Sep 8, 2016

Exellent course. You will learn the advanced skills for a better understanding of the English languaje.

By Afrin S

Mar 17, 2021

I had an amazing journey with the course. I think every career oriented person should do this course.

By Ferdous K

Jul 9, 2020

This is a very useful and informative course, I had a blast doing it and I hope others will as well

By MaganSchwartz

Feb 19, 2018

This course helped me tremendously, as citing works and plagiarism is essential to academic writing

By Ali M

Apr 8, 2019

Very supportive content and it helped me alot in knowing about writing essays in different aspects

By Waqar A

Feb 8, 2020

This course really helped me while writing my masters thesis as degree requirement in university.

By Bandameedi S

Jul 18, 2020

Thank you for this course writing the essay in correct way is important i had learnt this skill

By Sayed S S

Dec 11, 2017

A very interesting and complete course for writing essay and become a good and standard writer.

By Vaibhav K

Aug 24, 2017

This is a very good essay course especially for developing body paragraph with external source!

By Humberto R

Apr 23, 2020

I am learning so much about English writing, and, I am not a native speaker in English. thanks

By Usama A

Jul 1, 2020

It is great course to learn writing skills, the content, quizzes , assignments are brilliant.

By Valentina C

Jan 3, 2021

A perfect course for students who need to learn about writing academical essays for college.

By Aksh D

Jan 20, 2016

It is so beneficial for international students who have been prepared on TOEFL iBT or IELTS.

By Parakram S

Oct 4, 2017

The course is really good and it helped me a lot. I would strongly recommend this course.

By Pore J

Feb 24, 2016

One of the best courses by Coursera, it significantly helps me increase my writing skill.

By Tshifhiwa M

Jun 11, 2016

This course has set me free from my fear of expressing my ideas and opinions in writing.

By Mukhlisa G

Dec 14, 2020

Great course! Great instructors! I learned how to write an advanced essay confidently.