Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DB

Aug 17, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

MA

May 11, 2019

This course was so much useful for writing especially for essay and another writing.\n\nBy this kink of course we are able to write an interesting essay.\n\nthank so much Coursera

101 - 125 of 148 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Tommy Q

Dec 22, 2015

I learn a lot from this class so far, but I'm having difficult for the Quiz, i know i should take some notes, hahaha

By Rosilene A

Dec 11, 2015

I am in love for this course, a lot of good information, practice activities, etc...

It is helping me a lot!

By Modestman

Sep 25, 2016

I hope that this course could be free because I can't afford 69 dollars for th

By Furkan Ü

Oct 18, 2016

Will try it out soon. Looks very promising and informative.

By Sayed S S

Dec 11, 2017

A very interesting and complete course for writing essay and become a good and standard writer.

By Taohinhin

Apr 17, 2017

I'm so happy to make it! I learnt so much about academic writing, thanks!

By Mohammd z a

May 11, 2019

By this kink of course we are able to write an interesting essay.

By Natália A d C

Jun 17, 2019

Great course. I was able to practice and improve my writing skills.

By Ahmad A

Jun 19, 2019

Thank you very much course.

By erick a n

Jul 15, 2019

Excellent course and material. It's helped me improve my writing skills so much.

By Pamela W G

Aug 01, 2019

I feel like I am a better writer

By Geovanna F

Aug 05, 2019

Esse curso me proporcionou aprendizados muito valorosos, tanto enquanto eu escrevia, assim como quando eu avaliava os meus colegas, adquiri conhecimentos em outras áreas, aprendi a escrever artigos acadêmicos, o que eu não fazia antes, além de eu ter desenvolvido a minha escrita pessoal, e fui aprendendo a incorporar meus pensamentos, meus argumentos e impactar o leitor. O diferencial desse curso para mim foi a interação entre colegas, eu fui capaz aprender muito com eles. Certamente valeu muito a pena o tempo que despendi nesse curso, e será um diferencial para a minha vida acadêmica e futura carreira

By Imam A S

Aug 07, 2019

Excellent Course, this course will equip you with most useful skills of writing

By Marie G A N

Jul 03, 2019

This course is amazing. It is a must do if you opt to pursue higher studies.

By Abdulaziz S B

Jul 01, 2019

That's a great course

By Syed J P

Sep 20, 2019

Very Helpful in writing research articles and useful guidelines.

By Iqra K

Nov 22, 2018

This course was very helpful in honing my essay writing skills and I would definitely recommend it to other learners.

By Jeon J

Jun 16, 2017

Definitely, it is helpful for us

By Xiao L

Dec 15, 2017

Lecture is great. Resource is useful, too. The only problem is those peer-grade assignments. I'm not getting any effective feedback. Well, I take it seriously and try to give advice when I'm grading others' essays. It just feels not fair.

By IVAN L

Jan 26, 2017

You need to check out his course.

By lorenzo m v

May 25, 2016

Excellent

By Robert E L

Apr 14, 2016

Fantastic! Good work that the teacher can compact the course section to less than 10-minute videos each week, and it is clear. Easy to grasp . . . help a lot for my initial study! MLA format and work cited page are great too . . . thanks!

By Abdul H

Feb 07, 2016

It would be extremely useful to me as it is teaching me techniques to write advanced-level essays.

By kwok

Dec 06, 2015

nice things to do and good examples.

By ammar a