Back to Advanced Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Advanced Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 3: Advanced Writing This is the third course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By raising your level of academic writing, this course helps prepare you for college-level work. After completing this course, you will be able to: - plan and write a more sophisticated argument essay - identify plagiarism and explain how to prevent it - read and analyze several articles to form your own opinion on a topic - make connections between several articles - form thesis statements from your readings - use sources effectively when writing an essay Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DB

Aug 17, 2016

An absolutely wonderful course! I learned a lot about advanced essay writing. I think it is a must-take course for those who are interested in writing academic and research essays!

MA

May 11, 2019

This course was so much useful for writing especially for essay and another writing.\n\nBy this kink of course we are able to write an interesting essay.\n\nthank so much Coursera

26 - 50 of 154 Reviews for Advanced Writing

By Akinola A

Feb 06, 2016

It is detailed, rigorous, and exciting! The teacher's presentations in video materials are interesting as well!

By George C M

Dec 21, 2015

Another well structured course that provided challenges to help impove essay writing techniques. Thanks you.

By Rosilene A

Dec 11, 2015

I am in love for this course, a lot of good information, practice activities, etc...

It is helping me a lot!

By Glauber A

May 13, 2016

I have learned a lot in this course. Ordinary English courses don't cover the topics we have studied here.

By Fausto G

Sep 08, 2016

Exellent course. You will learn the advanced skills for a better understanding of the English languaje.

By MaganSchwartz

Feb 19, 2018

This course helped me tremendously, as citing works and plagiarism is essential to academic writing

By Ali M

Apr 08, 2019

Very supportive content and it helped me alot in knowing about writing essays in different aspects

By waqar a

Feb 08, 2020

This course really helped me while writing my masters thesis as degree requirement in university.

By Sayed S S

Dec 11, 2017

A very interesting and complete course for writing essay and become a good and standard writer.

By Vaibhav K

Aug 24, 2017

This is a very good essay course especially for developing body paragraph with external source!

By Aksh D

Jan 20, 2016

It is so beneficial for international students who have been prepared on TOEFL iBT or IELTS.

By Parakram S

Oct 04, 2017

The course is really good and it helped me a lot. I would strongly recommend this course.

By Pore J

Feb 24, 2016

One of the best courses by Coursera, it significantly helps me increase my writing skill.

By Tshifhiwa M

Jun 11, 2016

This course has set me free from my fear of expressing my ideas and opinions in writing.

By Luz D

Feb 20, 2018

I have really enjoyed this course. It was a challenge for me, but I learnt a lot.

By Do D K

Jan 11, 2020

Geat! After course, I understanding advanced writing when write essay at school.

By erick a n

Jul 15, 2019

Excellent course and material. It's helped me improve my writing skills so much.

By Imam A S

Aug 07, 2019

Excellent Course, this course will equip you with most useful skills of writing

By Modestman

Sep 25, 2016

I hope that this course could be free because I can't afford 69 dollars for th

By sridhar

Feb 26, 2016

Very easy steps to learn. lot of assignments to practice. Good work.

Thank you.

By Marie G A N

Jul 03, 2019

This course is amazing. It is a must do if you opt to pursue higher studies.

By Ahmed M S S

Nov 14, 2016

Such amazing course work on developing the writing skills in a decent way.

By Irais M C

Sep 15, 2016

I enjoyed a lot taking this course. It also represented a challenge to me.

By Taohinhin

Apr 17, 2017

I'm so happy to make it! I learnt so much about academic writing, thanks!

By Ibrahim N

Apr 06, 2017

Excellent course for whom really wants to boost his/her writing skills.