Back to Introduction to the Arctic: Climate

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to the Arctic: Climate by University of Alberta

The University of Alberta, the University of Tromso and the University of the Arctic invite you to explore this four week course that examines the environment and climate of the circumpolar North. This course is the result of an international collaboration and provides you with an insight into our planet's North. Following an overview of regional geography, we will focus on the cryosphere (ice), as well as the atmosphere and ocean of the region. We will learn why the Arctic is cold and ice covered, and how that impacts its climate and ecosystems. We will also consider how the Arctic is connected to the rest of the world. Finally, we will examine present day climate change, the processes driving it, and evidence for it in the Arctic, before looking at the implications in the rapidly evolving North. Watch a preview of the course here: https://uofa.ualberta.ca/courses/arctic-climate...

DM
May 12, 2020

It was a really amazing and an informative course. If you are interested to know how things work in the Arctic region and how the climate varies in the Arctic, this is a must do course.

TO
Jun 15, 2016

Great! I love the fact that it is a very simple course and information is easy to understand! I also adore the professionalism that is present in every lecture. Absolutely fantastic!

101 - 107 of 107 Reviews for Introduction to the Arctic: Climate

By DARYL D

Oct 3, 2020

The information was rather basic but good for an introduction. The biggest issue I had with the course was the way the instructor presented the material. The voice inflections made me feel like I was sitting in an elementary school class. It was clear the instructor was reading from a script. A more conversational speaking approach would have been much more effective.

By SIDDHARATH R

Apr 23, 2020

The course content was good but the instructor panache of teaching was very impassive and he should also explain the concepts in a better way

By Tiffany G

Jan 23, 2016

There is a very technical portion to this class making it difficult for the neophyte to truly understand and explain course content.

By Ian R

Nov 12, 2018

some of the content was interesting. the lectures were horrendous.

By Carmen P

Jan 20, 2021

Quizzes were so poorly designed that there was no way to pass them. Material was great, but the course has not been updated, which is a pity,

By Jonathan G

Jan 7, 2018

this horse was boring as hell. Not only was the information something you would in high school and very self-explanatory, but the instructor was monotonous and had no life in him whatsoever. Anyone can learn how to do this course. Although the questions in the last quiz in module for more marked wrong even though most of them would be right. The only two things you need to know about the Arctic it's freezing and miserable, and also you don't need a course like this to know about climate change. I wouldn't recommend this course anybody, unless you want to be and Arctic ecologist and freeze your ass off! Did d

By Paul G

Jul 20, 2020

This course needs more visual aids - particularly for some of the more complex material - and a diversity of presenters. The lack of both meant that I sometimes used the videos to put me to sleep...

Another issue - for which I bear significant responsibility - is that I expected the course to spend a lot more time on the human dimension of the Arctic. I discovered at the end that there are additional courses that cover this in more detail.