Learner Reviews & Feedback for Basic Information Literacy by The State University of New York
About the Course
Learn how to begin tackling a big project or presentation. Join today and equip yourself with basic information literacy skills to navigate the vast landscape of knowledge to find just what you need.
This course will cover creating a workable project/presentation, understanding the various types of information sources, searching the various types of information sources, recognizing faulty information or bias, using proper citation conventions, avoiding plagiarism, and skimming information to pull relevant details. We will use a combination of video and readings with weekly quizzes to move through the learning.
By the end of the course you’ll be able to:
• Brainstorm a project/presentation topic
• Narrow the project/presentation topic
• Identify your information gaps
• Locate valid, internet information sources
• Compose appropriate search strategies
• Evaluate information for authority, accuracy, balance, and currency
• Use information in a project/presentation ethically...