Back to Foundations of Public Health Practice: Behaviour & Behaviour Change

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Public Health Practice: Behaviour & Behaviour Change by Imperial College London

The Health Protection course is the third instalment of the wider Foundations of Public Health Practice specialisation from Imperial College London's Global Master of Public Health (MPH). The scope and content of this course has been developed from the ground up by a combined team of academics and practitioners drawing on decades of real-world public health experience as well as deep academic knowledge. Through short video lectures, practitioner interviews and a wide range of interactive activities, learners will be immersed in the world of public health practice. Designed for those new to the discipline, over three modules (intended for three weeks of learning), learners will become familiar with the scope, theory and implementation of behaviour change in the context of public health practice. The course begins by challenging learners about their preconceptions about healthy and unhealthy behaviour - seeking to contextualise these ideas within the broader public health approach (the first course of this specialisation). The course thereafter swiftly covers the origins of risk communication and behaviour change through the lens of health psychology and classical economics, before introducing ideas of bounded rationality and the genesis of behavioural insights and so-called Nudges. By the end of the course, learners will be fluent with their use of the Behaviour Change Wheel methodology of intervention development and the application of the COM-B framework to a range of target behaviours and behavioural barriers. The subsequent courses of this specialisation will cover health protection before moving into the final (degree learner) course which where learners will focus on developing the core professional skillset that defines public health practitioners - whether in service or academia....

LB
Oct 20, 2020

Very engaging and practical course. I feel excited to seek out opportunities to apply what I've learnt. Highly recommend it.

MS

wonderful course. Get to learn about behavior as a health worker.

1 - 12 of 12 Reviews for Foundations of Public Health Practice: Behaviour & Behaviour Change

By Priyank M

Nov 25, 2020

A beautifully designed course which offers a wonderful mix of theory and exercises. At the start, I was not very sure how well I would be able to under stand the behaviour change related topics. But I must admit, at the end of the course, I am highly delighted with the topics explained during the course and I feel fully confident to use them effectively in my work area. Thank you Imperial College London! Thank you Coursera!

By Francisco A E A

Sep 21, 2020

I think it is a very complete course, it articulates very well with the other courses of the specialization. A valuable element that I take with me is that I learned more about the Behavior change weel methodology ... I want to know more about it. Congratulations to the entire team of teachers! Excellent course!

By RANJEET S M

Apr 13, 2020

It was a nice experience to learn distantly the core concept of public health from the faculties at Imperial College London. Coursera has made it possible for everyone who wish to learn and it is the quality education of Imperial College London. Thanks

By MARIANA L M

Aug 24, 2020

Great course! I really would like to congratulate Imperial College London. The structure of the course is really nice, and it was very helpful for me as a masters student in Mexico and a future PhD student.

By Lucie b

Oct 21, 2020

By faisl s

Sep 14, 2020

Realy, Thank you so much. I am learning new knowledge, skills and attitudes.

By Ms. M S

wonderful course. Get to learn about behavior as a health worker.

By David A N

Jun 24, 2020

I thoroughly enjoyed the course and the Behavioral Change Wheel.

By Samantha H

Nov 2, 2020

Great

By Sugandh J

Jun 26, 2020

I felt this had too much material but not enough assignments. The instructor seemed unsure sometimes in videos.