Back to Being a researcher (in Information Science and Technology)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Being a researcher (in Information Science and Technology) by Politecnico di Milano

The course provides a broad view of how to become and progress as a researcher. It spans over a wide range of topics, from the historical development of scientific thought to research methodology, to the pragmatics of publication, research funding, evaluation, and promotion in a researcher’s career. It also stresses the ethical aspects of research. Although the course speaks about scientific research in general, it especially focuses on the field on Information and Communication Science and Technology. The course is mainly directed to students engaging in research and beginning researchers. It may also be of interest for senior researcher in their role as supervisors or mentors, and to all those who are interested in how scientific research works. The main topics addressed in the course are: - Research, its historical development, and its role in society; - Research methodology; - The products of research: publications and artifacts; - The professional researcher: roles and career progress; - Research evaluation, from peer review to bibliometrics; - Research ethics....

SN

Sep 10, 2020

Excellent Course. I clearly understood what is the meaning of research, how do we have to carry out research. I thank the Instructor Carlo Ghezzi for his Excellent explanation.

MH

Sep 14, 2020

Excellent, Thanks a lot to coursera to offer such an exciting and useful course free at cost. Special Thanks to honourable instructor.

1 - 18 of 18 Reviews for Being a researcher (in Information Science and Technology)

By Vinod V M

Jul 25, 2020

This course is one of the best I did through mooc platform. Best suited for both junior and experienced research scholars.

By Rukaiya F

Jun 04, 2020

Excellent, helpful information, too much helpful, full of knowledge. Thanks

By Prakash H

May 22, 2020

A perfect course to get overall research process overview.

By Jesús D C V

Jun 24, 2020

Excellent course!!! Thank you very much Doctor Carlo

By Jibin N

Jul 18, 2020

Great Course . Thank you Very Much

By Dadarao N R

Jun 28, 2020

contains are good but language is used with confusing. it should e easy to understand. presentation is very good.

By Mohammad A H

Oct 13, 2020

I really enjoyed taking this course. I am currently working in Research Field, and I am in touch with most of the materials which are presented in the course. Taking this course help me more in understanding the research and being able to communicate with my community.

Thanks a lot. I am sure there is a lot of efforts have been made to deliver this course.

By ARJUN G

Sep 07, 2020

This is an extraordinary course. This course provides broad concept and principles in research field specially in Scientific research.

All the strategies of research methods are discussed in an extremely effective way. I loved this course.

Five star.

By Shiva K R N

Sep 10, 2020

By MD. M H

By AASHISH A J

Jun 26, 2020

Course found to very interesting and knowledgeable as new entrant. Instructor explanation and pace of delivery found to be excellent

By Seemesh B

Jul 27, 2020

Amazing piece of information for budding and established researchers. Just loved it

By Dr. M V

Sep 27, 2020

Excellent course material. It is an eye opener to every researcher

By Muhammad A B

Sep 01, 2020

Very interesting and knowledgeable course.

By CHINNA N C

Aug 03, 2020

Excellent

By marwa m

Sep 15, 2020

good

By Souvik P

Sep 13, 2020

Good

By Omjay m

Sep 14, 2020

It,s a very good sasen to me and I learn about more den to good ...I am happy