Back to BIM Application for Engineers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for BIM Application for Engineers by National Taiwan University

In order to effectively reach the goal of learning, students will get familiar with the model-building process. The second module of the course will be on how to use Autodesk Revit to build BIM models. We will use an example case and guide students to build a 6-story BIM model from the CAD drawings step by step. Then, in the following three modules, we will introduce three essential BIM applications one by one in each module, namely clash detection, quantity takeoff, and 4D simulation. We will use Autodesk Revit and Navisworks to build our BIM models in this course....

SP

Aug 24, 2020

A very helpful course for BIM development. gave a thorough overview of BIM and further application in industry. little problem with language but subtitle didn't let you feel that.

GA

Aug 26, 2020

Excellent Course, that gives a good overview of 4D simulation in construction and a basic introduction to Autodesk Naviskwork and extra tips for revit

1 - 25 of 61 Reviews for BIM Application for Engineers

By Agustín A

Apr 05, 2020

I give it 4 stars, but honestly, it feels like 3,5. The course is not bad at all, but it lacks a lot of explanation the further you get into it, and some notes on what you will have to do or change that its not seen on the videos. This leads to a lot of work and problem solving when trying to complete assignments, because after following the instructions on the previous classes, you always find that you are missing stuff or made things wrong, either because the teacher did not say anything about them, or did them wrong himself (I.e. theres an assignment that checks if the volume of concrete of the stairs at floor 2 (2F) is exactly 1.44 cubic meters. The problem is that, to get that volume, you have to make the stair's landings not to overlap. In the classes, you are (correctly) taught to overlap the first one 20 centimeters under the second landing (its a step above). But when the teacher made the assignment, he used his own results, which apparently were done in a rush and thus ended in wrong requisites. This behavior gets repeteaded through the whole course and it took me more time to get the troubleshooting done, all by myself, than to complete the course and the assignments themselves)

By Hubert B

Mar 16, 2019

I would have love for the course to be a lot more advanced. It was a great introduction nonetheless. From what i have learnt here i can always build upon it

By Ellen S

Dec 02, 2019

As a busy working mom, I thought it was almost impossible for me to upgrade my skills in the engineering and architectural technology world. But this course made it possible as I was not tied to a strict schedule like when you are doing things at school. With proper time management, I finished the course! I've learned so much and it encouraged me to learn more. Thank you Coursera!

By Julio E T M

Sep 13, 2019

Thanks to the team for this excellent course. I learned a lot from you thank you very much!

By Hossam E A H H

Nov 20, 2018

Great course

By Pham N L V

Aug 20, 2019

I think this course, its content has not been detailed and have many mistake in the syllabus. Because the modelling work is not separated between Structural Plan and View Plans. Therefore, using the structural elements will not show in View Plans when you draw on same Architectural Plans.

By Latif U

May 04, 2020

It was best to study this course along with the first part of this course BIM Fundamentals for Engineers. Thanks

By Abdul J

Jul 25, 2019

It is an excellent course to gain knowledge.

By MAHABUB S

Aug 16, 2019

Very good course for intermediate learning

By Luis F R M

Jun 02, 2020

It was an amazingly good course, I usually work with BIM and was really expecting a lot less but in fact I have learned quite a lot more than expected. It is really a top class course, with all the tools you need to practice and learn on your own without making the practico or the assignments excessively or unnecessarily complicated. All in all, a very good course. Would recommend it to anyone to learn a lot more in Revit, Navisworks and their applications in BIM.

By Tan S Y

Jun 26, 2020

Insightful and useful. I learnt more about how to use Revit and Naviswork Manage in BIM setting. The course might be a little challenging to those who are foreign to Chinese language as the files downloaded uses some Chinese in the description. Assignments can be improved and be more flexible.

By Katherine d C D P

Aug 14, 2020

I just want to thank and congratulate for this excellent online BIM course. The procedures were easy to follow and understand, so I was able to complete all the assignments in an entertaining way, but learning why and how I had to do that or that.

By SUNIL K P

Aug 24, 2020

By ADRIAN T R

Sep 21, 2020

Very well design course. I learnt so much about Revit and new features. I look at Navisworks for the first time and the presentation given by this course was awesome.

By Georgy A

Aug 26, 2020

By Ernesto S N

Very interactive and easy to understand to achieve a knowledge of design and management of construction projects with Revit and Naviswork.

By Juan D V G

Jun 10, 2020

This course is really good and helpful. I knew nothing at first but now I can say I am able to manage most of the BIM tools

By js n

instructor way of teaching course content all upto the mark. overall course well framed.it was nice learning experience.

By Sanasriza M S

Aug 07, 2020

It is a wonderful course for anyone willing to learn BIM fully. lectures videos were clear and well organized

By Melinda M

Oct 22, 2020

The course is really helpful, sometimes the teacher was a bit fast and did not explain everything.

By Elle L

Fully recommended this course. This is so helpful and every explanation in this course is perfect

By Abdur R K

This course is very much helpful and each and everything explained in the course is perfect,

By Meet S

Jul 20, 2020

Step-by-step explanation of process to create 4D Simulation of a sample building project.