Back to Civic Engagement in American Democracy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Civic Engagement in American Democracy by Duke University

So how does the American political system work? Who are some of the key actors? What are key concepts for a student trying to understand what’s going on? How can I as a citizen influence politics? Civic Engagement in American Democracy takes on these and other key questions. We’re Dr. Nicholas Carnes and Dr. Bruce Jentleson, the principal course instructors. Along with our Duke faculty colleagues who also contributed modules, we’ve designed the course to provide a strong foundational introduction to US politics. If you’re new to this material, proceed through the modules one by one and build up your knowledge of politics and government. If some of the material is familiar, go ahead and set your own pace. Either way we hope Civic Engagement in American Democracy helps you be an effective student in more advanced politics courses and/or an engaged citizen in 21st century America....

1 - 3 of 3 Reviews for Civic Engagement in American Democracy

By Tom M

Mar 09, 2019

Touches on what matters in American government procedures.

By Maria T S

Mar 08, 2019

This course helped me clarify several inconsistencies I held about government function that I had and how to lead a meaningful participation in its democracy which, I think, is by far better protected and advanced than many-many countries in the world. Thanks for your teachings!

By Raianny B d S

Mar 11, 2019

Really good course! Short videos but with lots of content, making it easy and plaseant to watch.