Back to Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics by University of Cape Town

If you’ve ever skipped over`the results section of a medical paper because terms like “confidence interval” or “p-value” go over your head, then you’re in the right place. You may be a clinical practitioner reading research articles to keep up-to-date with developments in your field or a medical student wondering how to approach your own research. Greater confidence in understanding statistical analysis and the results can benefit both working professionals and those undertaking research themselves. If you are simply interested in properly understanding the published literature or if you are embarking on conducting your own research, this course is your first step. It offers an easy entry into interpreting common statistical concepts without getting into nitty-gritty mathematical formulae. To be able to interpret and understand these concepts is the best way to start your journey into the world of clinical literature. That’s where this course comes in - so let’s get started! The course is free to enroll and take. You will be offered the option of purchasing a certificate of completion which you become eligible for, if you successfully complete the course requirements. This can be an excellent way of staying motivated! Financial Aid is also available....

AM

Dec 16, 2018

Klopper MD is a great teacher. There are other courses from another top universities about this topic, but I think this is my favourite. This the shortest in duration and most comprehensive among all.

LK

Jul 29, 2017

Great course!! it is gonna provide you a good foundation in clinical studies if you want to start your career in clinical research! Clear explanation and comprehensive case study! highly recommended!

1 - 25 of 335 Reviews for Understanding Clinical Research: Behind the Statistics

By domenica s

May 27, 2018

I'm very new at this theme, this course has being the perfect beginning. If you don't have a mathematical background and you don't understand when the funny S appear, this is the course for you!

By Juan B A

Mar 02, 2019

I managed to understand very important concepts of statistics used in the writing of articles, my understanding in the reading of scientific texts has improved a lot

By Abbaas A

Jul 27, 2019

A great introduction to understanding research and a great platform to springboard keen clinicians into performing their own research. Will take what I've learnt and apply it to my own research!

By Lee Y K

Jan 31, 2019

Excellent course

By Matthew W B

Jan 20, 2019

Thank you for this course. The knowledge learned was invaluable.

By Víctor M G R

Feb 02, 2019

It is a great course. Teacher is very clear and good examples and exercices

By Rodney A R

Feb 04, 2019

The course provides a easy-to-follow learning track to understanding basic research methodology, clinical research and statistics. Completion of the course is mandatory to perform an clinical research internship at our institution, www.zmc.mk

By John N T N

Jan 22, 2019

Just an excellent refresher in biostatistics that put many things into perspective. I'll be looking more keenly and with a more critical eye at research papers and now I have more ammunition for doing my own research and writing papers.

By Christmar D Q L

Jan 22, 2019

One of the best courses i've ever done! I really enjoyed it.

By Judy-April O

Dec 14, 2018

Good basic overview of the concepts behind statistics. Enjoyed this course.

By Noha A G

Jan 01, 2019

This is one of the most interesting courses on biomedical statistics. The course was explained in a beautiful way, very simple and easy. Examples were related to the daily medical field and clinical research. Professor Juan H Klopper is an amazing mentor. I loved everything about this course. Really understanding what is behind statistics without going through the hassle of mathematics that every researcher obviously hates ! I highly recommend this course for everyone who is involved in clinical research.

By AGOMINAB A R

Jan 02, 2019

wonderful lecture series, conscise and straight to the point for clinicians.

By Frans U D

Dec 18, 2018

This is one of the best Online Course I have ever joined fully until completion.I absolutely recommend this course to my friends and anyone else in the area of Public Health, Medicine even Veterinary Medicine.There is so much to learn for so little time but Dr Juan is absolutely amazing in his way of handling this course that made it look simple and he has truly made it so much easier to comprehend. So much better than learning from Statistical textbooks

By Marijana M

Dec 18, 2018

By Wagner S B

Jan 11, 2019

A fantastic intro to the statistics behind clinical research! I haven't done much of my own research, so I am not really familiar with data analysis yet, but the course gave me a great panorama of the basic key concepts and how to think about results more critically. Totally recommend!

By JAMES B A

Feb 15, 2019

Thanks to the team for putting together this course. Dr. Klopper to was excellent in the delivery

By Sean K

Mar 01, 2019

I very much enjoyed Dr Kloppers course. He manages to teach a wide range of statistical theory within a clinical framework – which is where the value added was as far as I am concerned as I am not a clinician, but I do need to know my way around reports and assessments etc. Further, if the course leaves you wanting more (and it should) look at Dr Klopper’s YouTube page – the content is superb.

By Geoffrey

Mar 07, 2019

The course was presented with absolute perfection. It has enabled me to really understand the statistical elements of clinical research. The skills and knowledge attained will enable me to appreciate the statistical elements of publication more comprehensively. Thanks to Dr. Juan Klopper and the University of cape town team.

By Farida D

Mar 10, 2019

It was very helpful course,with lot of things to learn and are require to know under clinical research field. Thanks to coursera and Juan Klopper Sir for the valuable course

By Mahfouz_elsawi@yahoo.com S

Mar 14, 2019

very good and informative basics

By Ashraf I E S

Mar 15, 2019

It gives me a greater pleasure to attend this valuable ,concise and easy understanded course and I would like to thank everyone contribute to make this work came to the light special thanks to Dr.Juan Klopper

best regards

By Dominik B

Mar 27, 2019

Well-paced and easy to understand course on an important topic! I especially liked the way the assignements were done - tests were challenging and contained practical information, and peer review assignments let me try analyzing papers by myself. I would surely recommend the course to anyone interested in developing the knowledge about statistics in healthcare!

By Kelly A