Back to Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students by University of Pittsburgh

Understanding the clinical terms and abbreviations commonly used during verbal or written communication in U.S. hospitals is challenging. This course is designed for U.S. health care profession students and for international students and practitioners who want to become more familiar with the language of the U.S. clinical setting. Others, such as caregivers and medical interpreters, who wish to develop a better understanding of terms and abbreviations used by health care providers will find this course helpful. The course provides visual and auditory learning experiences to enhance the understanding of terms and abbreviations commonly encountered on a general U.S. hospital unit. All content including quizzes are available at no cost to the learner. If you need a certificate, you can apply for financial aid or pay the fee. To find out more, click Learn more and apply next to the information about Financial Aid. (Use a computer, not a mobile device, for this step.)...

FB
Jan 1, 2018

This course was really helpful. I took notes and will review them often to keep abreast with the medical terms. These will also help me communicate clinically with my PCP. I truly enjoyed this course!

ER
Apr 15, 2019

The instructor's calm and clear explanations make this a joy to watch.\n\nThis course is very useful for me as a medical product translator to get an understanding of the actual clinical environment.

126 - 150 of 505 Reviews for Clinical Terminology for International and U.S. Students

By Javine A

Jul 18, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course! it has taught me a lot and I feel ready and prepared for my next journey! Thanks to everyone that was involved!

By KAREN S

Apr 8, 2020

While I had some knowledge of medical terminology, this course gave me more of a foundation and helped to put that knowledge in to context.

By Maryam H

Jun 26, 2020

Thank you so much for this course which helped me to broaden my clinical knowledge about the health care system here in the United States.

By Roberta S

Dec 19, 2020

The course was helpful, informative and well put together. I highly recommend it to anyone starting their journey in the medical field.

By Alejandra R

Nov 8, 2020

Great course and excellent professor. Easy to navigate and very comprehensive modules. Thank you everyone who made this course possible.

By Bethany T

Feb 10, 2020

Very basic course. I was able to do all the quizzes without doing any of the other work and the total course took me less than 2 hours.

By Laura L G

Oct 18, 2020

Great class for someone just starting out. Thank you to all the professionals that played an intricate role in teaching this course.

By Marja A K

Dec 10, 2017

My deepliest gratitude to professors: Valerie Swigart, Ph.D. R.N. and, Michael Gold, Ph.D.

Excellent course !!!!

Thanks Coursera !!

By Christina M

Aug 17, 2017

This is such a well laid out course! I love the interactive videos and case studies and have learned so much these past few weeks.

By Dung N

Oct 13, 2019

This course has help me in learning Clinical with English. Thanks alot for create a wonderful course for medical students like me

By Evelyn S

Aug 14, 2020

I enjoyed the teaching style of this course. Learning what would normally be difficult content was interesting and engaging.

By Manal A

Sep 17, 2019

for me as a translator, this was an excellent introduction for clinical terminology. Thank you so much for this experience.

By Ma. A A M

Oct 10, 2020

Thank you so much for this amazing learning. Thank you for all the wonderful professor! I learned a lot from this course.

By Luciana C

Jun 18, 2020

This is an excellent course, with a reasonable workload, and the explanations are straightforward and easy to undertsand.

By Lam N

Jun 14, 2020

Thank you guys so much for bringing such a course! What I have learned has been incredibly vital for my clinical classes!

By Guillermo A H R

Jul 27, 2019

This course is the perfect way to confidence when you have to start a new health professional life in the US. Thank you.

By Bharat s

Jan 17, 2021

An excellent course with brilliant use of technology. Thanks for the great explanation. I enjoyed the course very much.

By DR T

Jul 16, 2020

It is very great for international Medical student who want to improve their ability of using the materials in English

By Jeanne W

Jul 1, 2020

This was an excellent course. Easy to follow and very informative. I have already recommended it to colleagues of mine.

By Diana E A M

Jul 3, 2020

me parece un curso bastante completo, aprender todos los terminos que se tienen y abreviaciones son bastante dificiles

By Juan Y

Mar 12, 2020

This is a wonderful course. The content of teaching is quite clear and knowledgeable. I have interest to learn more

By Amanda H

Sep 5, 2020

I loved it! Couldn't stop once I started. Very informative and easy to learn. Would do it again! Highly recommend!

By Swati V

Sep 27, 2020

Very easy and student-friendly lectures well presented by the concerned staff. it was a great learning experience

By Angelica D

Sep 8, 2020

Everybody should take this course, the material was thoroughly prepared. I loved it and recommend it completely!

By jacqueline c

Apr 6, 2020

the course was very informing a little tuff but I enjoyed it looking forward to learning more thank you so much