Back to Configuration Management and the Cloud

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Configuration Management and the Cloud by Google

In this course, you’ll learn how to apply automation to manage fleets of computers. You’ll understand how to automate the process for deploying new computers, keeping those machines updated, managing large-scale changes, and a lot more. We'll discuss managing both physical machines running in our offices and virtual machines running in the Cloud. We'll start by looking into an automation technique called configuration management, which lets you manage the configuration of our computers at scale. Specifically, you'll learn how to use Puppet, the current industry standard for configuration management. We'll look at some simple examples, and then see how we can apply the same concepts to more complex cases. You’ll be a Puppet-master in no time! Later on, you'll expand your automation skills by understanding how to use the Cloud to help scale your infrastructure. You'll check out some best practices for handling hundreds of virtual machines running in the Cloud and troubleshooting them when things don't go according to plan....

RH

Mar 27, 2020

I really enjoyed this course. It would be great if you could reference additional courses in this area that google might provide as part of the course review.

RP

Mar 20, 2020

So far, this course had the best labs I've experienced. The lessons were really well made because they made me excited to try out what we were learning.

1 - 21 of 21 Reviews for Configuration Management and the Cloud

By Thiago F N

Feb 24, 2020

Course was too slow, too few labs and examples....

The instructor was pretty good, but I honestly expected a few more exercises and practical examples...

By Itsido C A

Mar 30, 2020

One of the best resource on Configuration Management. The course provided me valuable knowledge, techniques and how to use this skill in real world scenario. The instructor give an overview on the state of the art on the topics and give a deep dive on how to handle real world use cases. Thanks to Coursera, the Instructors and Google.

By Bright I M

Feb 27, 2020

This is an interesting course. I totally love the content and the instructor is interesting too. I expect more courses from google and I have grown to love the company over time. I thank Google and the instructor for the opportunity.

By Royce H

Mar 27, 2020

By Richard J P

Mar 20, 2020

By Tom D

Feb 17, 2020

The instructor is an export of the field other than the regular trainer. He explains the concept very clearly and make good sense. Love this course.

By Mijael M

Mar 09, 2020

Very interesting module! There is a lot of material, and a lot of further reading and practice. I'll have to come back to those for sure.

By Mohammad H b M

Feb 23, 2020

Love the course! It provides a good intro to Configuration Management and scaling in Cloud. Thanks Phelan and team!

By Thanh S T

Mar 05, 2020

This course is about teaching how to work with Google Cloud Platform. This is a great course. Thank you!

By Motin A V

Mar 10, 2020

Loved the course. Thank you, everything is very informative, practicle and not overloaded.

By Jesús S Z

Mar 21, 2020

It was a really interesting and useful course. Congrats for the Instructor.

By Serhat G

Feb 14, 2020

Great content. I have learned valuable info about puppet. Thank you.

By Shubham K S

Mar 28, 2020

It was a great Resource. Thank You google.

By Svetoslav B

Mar 21, 2020

Great way to start using the Cloud.

By Cheuk L Y

Feb 09, 2020

Thanks a lot.

By Sameerkumar K

Mar 13, 2020

Good

By Mayur B

Mar 16, 2020

More theory that practice but covers important topics. Very helpful to get started with cloud providers and demonstrating of deploying multiple vm's in the cloud with GCP.

Instructor is well versed in subject matter and is concise as well easy to understand.

By nathan i

Feb 07, 2020

I nice intro to cloud configuration and management.

By Denis R

Jan 25, 2020

While topics and content were really interesting, last two labs (exercises) were way too confusing and overly simplistic in some cases... Feeling was like reading the title of the manual, not even first few pages... Not speaking about anything serious here. Otherwise, thanks a lot for great videos!