Back to Copyright for Educators & Librarians

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Copyright for Educators & Librarians by Duke University

Fear and uncertainty about copyright law often plagues educators and sometimes prevents creative teaching. This course is a professional development opportunity designed to provide a basic introduction to US copyright law and to empower teachers and librarians at all grade levels. Course participants will discover that the law is designed to help educators and librarians....

CB

Nov 12, 2016

Very informative course presented by knowledgeable instructors. Gained a greater appreciation for the pros and cons of copyright, in addition to a respect for the complexity and nuance in this area.

SK

Apr 14, 2018

I wish I had taken this course at the very beginning of my graduate studies. I learned so much that would have been useful during my long journey from graduate student, to professor, to archivist.

26 - 50 of 111 Reviews for Copyright for Educators & Librarians

By Claudia M

Aug 02, 2017

Great introduction to copyright law. The course gives you an overview of how copyright operates in the US and internationally. The materials are a fine balance between succinct and comprehensive. The course was engagingly presented.

By Aryssa D

Apr 19, 2020

A good review of copyright especially for educators, though librarians also to a degree. You'll cover a lot of ground, but it's very digestible and useful. I loved the quizzes and thought they provided unique, real-world insight.

By J A S

Mar 25, 2020

I found the information and format to be easy to follow and useful. I rely on the Fair Use questions all the time now to guide my patrons, students, and teachers in their choices.

Thanks for putting together a great course.

By Vinay K C

Aug 07, 2015

This course offers the most easy and informative way of understanding copyright laws. Though the course appears to focus more on the US Law, the instructors actually offer a guiding framework that can be used globally.

By Esther

Jun 21, 2020

I worked in an academic library managing course reserves for a couple of years. This class was a great refresher on what I learned during that time. I deepened my knowledge of the subject matter and enjoyed myself.

By Rachel D

Mar 29, 2017

Excellent course, wonderful links to references that will be extremely important even after the class completes. Would like a disclaimer that this class should be taken BEFORE the Copyright for Multimedia class.

By Bibin S

Jun 19, 2020

It is extremely pressure to have received this course to achieve learning and developing my career through the knowledge given from this course section..Thank you and feeling in the course was an insight..

By Jessica B

This course was very informative. The professors were even-toned and easy to follow along; they were engaged in what they discussed and I felt like I got a lot out of their lectures and the support-readings.

By Chad B

Nov 12, 2016

By Susan K

Apr 14, 2018

By David R

May 30, 2019

Absolutely great training for librarians and archivists! As a librarian I left the course feeling confident in making decisions and with plenty of tools to address practical problems in my work.

By Anna S

Apr 25, 2020

I felt the material was presented very clearly and I found the supplemental information valuable. I feel much more confident in making decisions about copyright materials. Thanks!

By ANOOP K

Nov 30, 2019

The course was taught very well. Thanks, it settled a lot of doubts and misconceptions that I had regarding copyright issues. This course is a must for every for every teacher.

By Vinod V M

Apr 03, 2020

Examples and cases discussed during the lectures helped to conceive idea easily.

Duration of the videos were perfect

Quiz at the end of each module could have been better.

By Timothy H

Feb 03, 2020

Excellent overview and analysis of a complicated topic. I found the presentations easy to follow, and the way the material was divided up into lessons was appropriate.

By Evelyn M F

Aug 22, 2019

It's the most complete, didactic, updated and good that I have taked online, it has been onderful to take it because Ihave enriched my knowledge enough.

By Donna M

Jul 06, 2020

Very informative. Answered my questions about copyright and using material for classrooms.

Looking forward to the next copyright class here at Coursera.

By Nichole C

May 27, 2019

An excellent overview of the copyright issues librarians are likely to encounter. I have already recommended this to several of my colleagues.

By Rodrigo d J R C

Oct 26, 2017

Excelente material y las explicaciones,, ejemplos y maestros fueron altamente funcionales para aprender mas sobre el derecho de autor.

By Nabil B

Jun 09, 2020

It is an excellent course, very informative, broad and covers most if not all aspects of copyright. I truly enjoyed every lesson.

By Daniel M

Nov 06, 2017

This course was very enriching to me and shed a light upon many doubts I had concerning copyright. I strongly recommend it.

By Gassan Y

Jul 27, 2018

Excellent course for anyone who wants to learn about copyrights. Extremely helpful and informative.

Thank you Coursera.

By Kern P

Mar 15, 2019

This course improved my understanding of copyright law especially when it comes to fair use for educational purposes.

By Athina S

Mar 01, 2016

Excellent course! Many materials, very good lectures and very practically comprehensive exercises. Congratulations.

By Jaime M

May 10, 2017

This was a very informative course that made something I otherwise thought was kind of boring very interesting.