Back to Copyright for Educators & Librarians

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Copyright for Educators & Librarians by Duke University

Fear and uncertainty about copyright law often plagues educators and sometimes prevents creative teaching. This course is a professional development opportunity designed to provide a basic introduction to US copyright law and to empower teachers and librarians at all grade levels. Course participants will discover that the law is designed to help educators and librarians....

CB

Nov 11, 2016

Very informative course presented by knowledgeable instructors. Gained a greater appreciation for the pros and cons of copyright, in addition to a respect for the complexity and nuance in this area.

SK

Apr 13, 2018

I wish I had taken this course at the very beginning of my graduate studies. I learned so much that would have been useful during my long journey from graduate student, to professor, to archivist.

151 - 173 of 173 Reviews for Copyright for Educators & Librarians

By Sarah S

Dec 8, 2017

This is a very informative course. The instructors do a good job of explaining material and keep the course from becoming overwhelming with information and readings. For a good foundation on copyright law in education and library settings, I would recommend this course.

By Kristie Y

Jun 5, 2020

This course was a good introduction to copyright law and fair use. I will definitely use what I've learned on the job. I will also be looking to take additional classes on this topic.

By Kaye B

Oct 28, 2020

I enjoyed this course more than I thought I would; the presenters were clear and comfortable with their subject, and presented the material in a way that was easy to follow and learn.

By nagajyothi p

I lean new topics apart from Indian copyright act, we need more examples are required. we impressed the session of "KEVIN SMITH" and his examples are very informative.

By Hua Z

Mar 31, 2019

The majority of course lectures are clear and informative, but the video lectures regarding TEACH act part is not as clear as the other topics.

By Dorothy D

Sep 22, 2015

Great team and good information. Logically organized. I'd love to find a similar course for writers, not just educators and librarians.

By Oluwatoyin O O

Jul 30, 2020

Great course for Librarians! However, other international copyright laws would have been discussed in the course, not just the USA.

By ramesh

Oct 7, 2015

I want to learn this since my childhood days. Thanks for keeping this course for me.Love you coursera..

By Sujata K

Aug 9, 2022

Excellent content and explanation on copyright law. Very helpful for those who are beginner.

By Lisa A

May 8, 2022

This course was so much information, that I'll need to go back and revisit it many times.

By Hrithik K

Jun 5, 2021

Very Nice Course for learning copyright laws, and the material used is very informative.

By Dr.T.N.M.THARINNI M

Jun 19, 2020

The copyright rules is gain kunowledge.Exellent course.Good course for librarians

By Cynthia S

Aug 16, 2020

Very good and clear. Lots of practical information and course is well organized.

By Santhosh K

Jul 26, 2020

Very informative and useful course for library information managers community.

By Julie-Anne A

Aug 5, 2017

Was eye opening. Needs more of an explanation of international laws

By Dr S S

Jul 6, 2020

this course is very useful for all the academic community

By Will L

Mar 22, 2017

Highly recommend this course.

By Donna C

Sep 10, 2020

Very informative

By Mark A U

Jan 26, 2016

r

By Sandra O

Sep 9, 2022

It was interesting and informative however as a Canadian, it is not as relevant to me as it is to people in the U.S.

I gave it 3 stars for the age of the materials and supplemental readings. A lot of content is around 10 years old. While this may not be an issue for a topic such as copyright, it gives the impression that the content has not been reviewed or updated. An acknowledgement that the content selected is still relevant and nothing has been found to replace the current resources would confirm that the course is occasionally reviewed and updated as needed.

By Kyle A

May 5, 2020

Having the balancing of videos and reading was very good. Please consider including strategies at the beginning for reading dense legal documents. Please also describe where the forums can be accessed at the beginning of the course. Also consider adding more scenarios for teachers in secondary education, and more scenarios over all. Please make the quizzes longer. Thank you for this resource and for the online format - the flexibility is very much appreciated.

By Leila S

Sep 5, 2017

Useful material for anyone with an interest in protecting their copyrighted work. Gets a little dry when focusing on only library applications.

By Susan B

Oct 20, 2020

There was too much talking from the professors.