Back to Data Management and Visualization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Management and Visualization by Wesleyan University

4.4

Whether being used to customize advertising to millions of website visitors or streamline inventory ordering at a small restaurant, data is becoming more integral to success. Too often, we’re not sure how use data to find answers to the questions that will make us more successful in what we do. In this course, you will discover what data is and think about what questions you have that can be answered by the data – even if you’ve never thought about data before. Based on existing data, you will learn to develop a research question, describe the variables and their relationships, calculate basic statistics, and present your results clearly. By the end of the course, you will be able to use powerful data analysis tools – either SAS or Python – to manage and visualize your data, including how to deal with missing data, variable groups, and graphs. Throughout the course, you will share your progress with others to gain valuable feedback, while also learning how your peers use data to answer their own questions....

AS
Jul 15, 2020

In this course we can get many ideas and opportunities of the english and the meaning of many things we used to no many things we should have been working many ideas and then how we should shall have

YW
Jun 10, 2017

This course covers the basic data management and visualization using SAS and Python. I like the simplicity and straightforwardness of the contents. Will continue to explore this specialization.

226 - 233 of 233 Reviews for Data Management and Visualization

By Emily

Dec 26, 2017

Basically: The course is geared more towards those with quantitative research questions. While it's a good introduction to the theory of research data management, and they encourage you to choose your own research question/data set, it's quickly obvious that the lessons mostly apply to those with categorical data. As my research and work deals with qualitative data, there wasn't much for me until Week 4.

By subrat s

Nov 9, 2015

The support from the faculty and the website is beyond explainable bad. The user interface gets stuck without reasons. There is no direct way to contact the faculty, if you are stuck on any assignments. There is hardly anyone who responds to the feedback that is sought for!!

I will never recommend someone to do this course.

By Dongzhou Y

Oct 16, 2016

This course didn't talk too much about data management and visualization, which made me feel quite disappointed. And you couldn't feel you could practiced what you learned in the course in the assignment. Most part of the assignment just focused on making some comments.

By ERIK S

Dec 3, 2015

Bad material, poor graphics, wrong mc questions in videos.

More hype content than a course.

This is not the way to learn Python, seriously don't take this one

By Jie Z

Dec 10, 2016

Totally just marketing materials! Don't waste your time with this school at all! You cannot learn a program in a couple of minutes!

By Erik B

Feb 26, 2017

Terrible. A waste of time and money. I recommend doing Statistics with R from Duke instead. This one should be taken off coursera.

By Yasmeen G

Feb 25, 2018

I feel that I am wasting my time

The video lectures are simple but I do not have any idea about what to do in the assignments

By Avinash M

Mar 31, 2019

To sum up this course in one word - 'Hopeless'. Please don't take it. There are better ones available on Coursera.