Back to Defining Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Organizations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Defining Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Organizations by Rice University

Defining Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Organizations is the first course of a four-course series. This course introduces the core definitions of diversity, equity, and inclusion and reasons why these efforts can often fail. We will also explore the elements for making the case for diversity and the concept of DE&I maturation where learners can assess their organization’s activities to determine where it may place on the DE&I continuum. By the end of this course, you will be able to: 1. Provide a common understanding of the terms diversity, equity and inclusion and how can it be effectively implemented into an organization. 2. Understand how our changing demography will impact your organization, discover various arguments used to make the case for diversity and connect them to your organization's success. 3. Recognize the various levels of diversity in the DE&I continuum and where your organization may be. 4. Identify the common struggles with implementing DE&I initiatives and how to avoid the many ways diversity efforts fail....

WH

Dec 18, 2022

I really enjoy all of Mr Baker’s courses. I lIke all of the information he packs into a course. He’s very engaging when he speaks and keeps my attention. I learn a lot from his courses.

DD

May 18, 2022

Awesome instructor and very important information to understand DE&I in the workplace . Great questions and feedback from Dr. Richard Anthony Baker as well as class participation.

1 - 21 of 21 Reviews for Defining Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in Organizations

By Debbie B

May 23, 2022

Instructor was excellent! The presentation of material was very well done.

By Diane D

May 19, 2022

By Adrien B

Jun 5, 2022

great content. Easy to understsnd and follow.

By Teresa B

Jun 1, 2022

Great introductory course, gives just enough without delving too deep. Great starter course.

By Irina d R

Sep 1, 2022

Good course to learn some basics about DE&I and to understand the difficulties you could encounter in applying DE&I in organizations

By Lorna C

Oct 16, 2022

Dr. Richard Baker did an excellent job in explaining DE&I and how to create a strategy for the workplace. I thought I was knowledgable about DE&I, but after taking this class, realized that I really only knew about diversity, but was lacking in understanding the true meaning of equity and inclusion. I believe I can truly be a better manager and make strides to make a diferrence in all of my future endeavors, including living my every day life.

By Natasha T

Jun 26, 2022

Completing a DE&I course has always been a career dream for me, and I am glad and honored to take a DE&I course that Rice University created. I enjoyed the thought-provoking discussion posts and enjoyed Dr. Baker's origin story and explaining why DE&I is essential.

Phenomenal job!

By writer h

Dec 19, 2022

By Marguerite S

Oct 10, 2022

The instructor Dr Baker is very good at beginning with the basics without dummy-ing it down and then builds until a full understanding comes. Thank YOU!

By Pilar A

Aug 16, 2022

Great source of realistic approach to DEI, this will assit me in building my action plans for organizations.

By Charmaine E

Oct 12, 2022

The course was insightful and comprehensive. Great data and course delivery from the professor.

By Neetu T

Aug 8, 2022

Really loved how the stratergies and what sets up for failure was discussed.

By F O

Jul 13, 2022

Great course! Very interesting but it is more beginner than intermediate

By Sandra C

Oct 19, 2022

Excellent content - easy to understand and I love the project

By Juan V R

Jan 4, 2023

This was an amazing course. I learned so much! Thank you!

By Mary T K

Jul 1, 2022

very engaging and knowledgeable teacher, no wasted time.

By Carlo C

Jul 17, 2022

Very good introduction to DE&I topics

By Pam J

Aug 29, 2022

Great content, great course leader

By Kim D G B E

Sep 27, 2022

I thoroughly enjoyed this course, especially the discussion. The rigor of this course was just right and content was relevant. Activities were engaging which help to expand my knowledge and interest. Thank you Dr. Baker!

By Rodan G

May 18, 2022

Terrific instructor - amazing energy and expertise.

By Lynn B