Back to Differential Equations for Engineers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Differential Equations for Engineers by The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology

This course is about differential equations and covers material that all engineers should know. Both basic theory and applications are taught. In the first five weeks we will learn about ordinary differential equations, and in the final week, partial differential equations. The course is composed of 56 short lecture videos, with a few simple problems to solve following each lecture. And after each substantial topic, there is a short practice quiz. Solutions to the problems and practice quizzes can be found in instructor-provided lecture notes. There are a total of six weeks in the course, and at the end of each week there is an assessed quiz. Lecture notes can be downloaded from http://www.math.ust.hk/~machas/differential-equations-for-engineers.pdf...

YY
Aug 5, 2020

The course materials are well prepared and organised. The teaching style is approachable and clear. I have learned a lot from this course. Thank you so much, and wish you all the best Prof. Chasnov!

AA
Feb 6, 2020

Very good course if you want to start using differential equations without any rigorous details. Thanks to professor`s explanation everything is very clear. Good basis to continue to dive deeper.

51 - 75 of 374 Reviews for Differential Equations for Engineers

By Fazal M A K

Jun 28, 2020

Best course. have explained the theoratical and practical aspects of differential equations and at the same time covered a substantial chunk of the subject in a very easy and didactic manner.

By sreedhar g

The way of teaching and explanation is excellent. By taking this course I really enhanced my teaching skills. I express my sincere thanks to Prof. Jeffery R Chasnov from bottom of my heart.

By Amir K

Aug 28, 2020

I think this course is very suitable for any curious mind. You can learn very important and necessary concepts with this course.

The courses taught by Professor Dr. Chasnov are excellent.

By Bryan M

May 3, 2020

Very Well done. Could use some supplemental videos of Calculus with SERIES and Fourier Transform (week 6 is A LOT) but it was very well done and manageable for the motivated student.

By Tara V

Aug 20, 2020

Explained well, good practice problems and there is a lecture notes PDF which helps with all the practice problems, Professor was also quick to respond to questions and comments.

By Joseph J

I don't have a math or engineering background but this course has a great balance of simplicity and challenging problems that I can confidently take to higher level mathematics

By Jose M S

Feb 29, 2020

A vast amount of engineering is about differential equations and optimization. This course is a nice introduction to the first topic, suited to engineers (like myself) mindset.

By Javier R

Jul 17, 2020

Excelente curso. He aprendido mucho sobre ecuaciones diferenciales en este curso, en especial en cuanto a aplicaciones y métodos que no conocía hasta ahora. Perfecto.

By Prof. U D

May 13, 2020

A good course on differential equations and its applications. Susceptible- infected- recovered epidemic model is explained well. The concepts are very well explained.

By John A E

Oct 21, 2020

This course is very helpful for civil engineers. Since I am currently a CE student, this will be my guide to practice DE more. Special thanks also to the instructor!

By Anavheoba A O

I am with the university of Benin,I just completed this course but I have not received any certificate

Please I really need this certificate as soon as possible

Thanks

By Kartikey J

Loved the course. The content is to the point and explains the practical applications where differential equations are used which made the course more interesting.

By Patrawala H C

Jul 2, 2020

Professor Jeff Chasnov has a very good understanding of ode's which makes it very

useful for this course. The course was very efficient and was easy to grasp.

By Ganesh

Apr 23, 2020

Very Useful and informative Course material. Congrats.

Dr.S.Ganesh

Professor, Department of Mathematics

Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai.

By Ashish k

Sep 8, 2019

It was a great journey to go through this course. Prof. Jeffery explains the concepts very well. I hope this course will help me greatly in my other courses.

By Fernanda B V M

Aug 23, 2019

Great course! The Lecture Notes pdf has detailed solutions to all the recommended problems, which is extremely helpful. The lectures are engaging and clear!

By MANISH M H

Jul 7, 2020

The course was just wonderful! Being a student of pure mathematics, I really enjoyed how and when I can apply the concepts of pure mathematics efficiently.

By Vijayakumar

May 14, 2020

Overall it was a good course, very easier explanation by the Professor Jeffrey R. Chasnov. Hoping to see with advanced level courses. Thank you very much.

By Jacob S W E

Apr 9, 2020

Engaging and high-quality teaching. Very well structured and a good mix of short lectures and corresponding exercises. Thanks for putting this together!

By Sathish U

Apr 27, 2020

This course is very very useful for my teaching and I improve my self. Differential Equations is one of my favorite topic.I can do another course also.

By Seethu S

Jul 28, 2020

Excellent instructor! Methodical pedagogy, and covered a lot of practically useful ground with a rich range of applications in engineering. Thumbs up!

By Yitao H

Apr 2, 2019

Thank you Prof. Chasnov. The lectures are really impressive and explain derivations throughly. I cannot enjoy more on a math course than this one.

By Oscar O

Nov 7, 2020

Exceptional teacher......great course that keeps you motivated and investigating deeply......highly recomended.....congratulations, Dr Chasnov!!!

By Vidhya K

Feb 17, 2020

Really good course. Well organized. Applications to physical systems might be difficult to grasp for non physics students. But you can do well.

By Anthony

May 2, 2020

It's a great course, has many exercises and the videos are clearly, the instructor is wonderful, i love his classes. Course 100% recommended.