Back to Disability Awareness and Support

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Disability Awareness and Support by University of Pittsburgh

The goal of this course is to promote equal opportunity and the full participation of students with disabilities in higher education by helping participants advance their awareness of the meaning of accessibility in education. Participants will gain competence and confidence in working with students by focusing on legislation, universal design, and assistive technologies. Thank you to Abbas (Bobby) Husain Quamar, Graduate Student Researcher in the Department of Rehabilitation Science and Technology at the University of Pittsburgh, for his contributions to the course....

RR

Sep 19, 2017

I enjoyed this class a lot and it was a good introduction to working with students with disabilities and was a good refresher.

BC

Jun 21, 2016

Excellent course! I learned so much about all types of disabilities and resources that could be used to help students.

1 - 25 of 35 Reviews for Disability Awareness and Support

By G T s

Oct 18, 2015

v

By Jeremy B

Jan 29, 2016

Was an excellent refresher for me as it encompassed several of my undergrad classes on the topic. I would recommend this course to anyone that supports individuals with disability through service, volunteering, or care of any form. Thank you for the opportunity!

By MARÍA D C A

Jun 11, 2017

Very useful information, clear and valuable topics

By Paula H

Oct 09, 2016

Great course, gets you reflecting on your practice

By LaTanya W

Oct 16, 2015

This class is a great introduction to disability awareness and support and as a refresher course. Having worked in education for more than 25 years, I learned a lot taking this course.

I especially enjoyed hearing from multiple perspectives and reading posts from my peers on accommodations. The web links were an added plus.

By Lakshmi g R

Aug 04, 2017

As i volunteer with adults with special needs i found this very useful

By R.D. R

Sep 19, 2017

By Gabriela B

Jun 20, 2018

The course was excelent!

By Alexa M E

May 16, 2018

I have learned a great deal of disability awareness & support within the higher education sector. The insight presented throughout each session, via video presentation, provided the resources, tools, and techniques for in classroom enchancement.

By Mariana R G

Apr 25, 2018

I think that this course are too interesting and applicable to the reality, I learned about disabilities, Universal Design for Learning, and specific accommodations and tools for that. And also, I was practicing and improve my english.

I recomend it a lot.

By arnab r

Jun 08, 2016

A brilliantly structured course, with very thoughtful assignments. The pace of the course and the way information has been built in the for the students is awesome, and it gives an holistic understanding of disability support and helps create complete awareness of the subject. Loved it, and will expect a few more follow up courses as well.

By Salau R A

Jan 10, 2016

great course and important materials

By James H

Oct 19, 2015

Glad to see the video is equipped with Closed Captions

By Prabavathy.M

Apr 30, 2018

very informative

By Fábio J d S S

Sep 04, 2017

Very interesting course that allows how faculty deal with disabilities services.

By Mohamed A E M E

Nov 08, 2017

great

By Bethany A C

Jun 21, 2016

By Raven P

Oct 15, 2015

Great course! This was very helpful and I recommended it to my colleagues. Thank you!

By Justin D

Dec 07, 2015

This course has been fantastic! I learned a lot of the Laws of Disability and the Requirements that Institutions must provide. I have Epilepsy which causes me to be a slower learned, so it's good to be refreshed on what I did know, and for me to be updated on what I didn't know previously. Thank You!

-Justin Dougherty Winter Park, FL USA

By Erez G

Aug 03, 2019

Very important course for teachers and lecturers who wish to understand more about disabilities and about students with disabilities who are enrolling to their courses. this knowledge could be benefitial as well to other students with hidden disabilities or other learning problems.

By Jeremy P

Oct 17, 2019

Great course !

By zebra

Sep 29, 2015

This course is great, but it took for ever to start!!

By Marysabel

Aug 07, 2017

This course is very good. I would recommend it to my colleagues. Although it benefit to have more information on other types of accessibility. Its short, simple and well thought.

By Salesi D

May 20, 2018

I recommend that teachers must take this course as it is very resourceful and informative.

By Catherine M D

Aug 20, 2017

This is a really good course in introducing different assistive methods for students with disabilities. Though it is aimed at higher education, I believe that the information can be useful to all teachers.