Back to DNA Decoded

Learner Reviews & Feedback for DNA Decoded by McMaster University

Are you a living creature? Then, congratulations! You’ve got DNA. But how much do you really know about the microscopic molecules that make you unique? Why is DNA called the “blueprint of life”? What is a “DNA fingerprint”? How do scientists clone DNA? What can DNA teach you about your family history? Are Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) safe? Is it possible to revive dinosaurs by cloning their DNA? DNA Decoded answers these questions and more. If you’re curious about DNA, join Felicia Vulcu and Caitlin Mullarkey, two biochemists from McMaster University, as they explore the structure of DNA, how scientists cracked the genetic code, and what our DNA can tell us about ourselves. Along the way, you’ll learn about the practical techniques that scientists use to analyze our genetic risks, to manipulate DNA, and to develop new treatments for a range of different diseases. Then, step into our virtual lab to perform your own forensic DNA analysis of samples from a crime scene and solve a murder....

GT
Sep 14, 2020

STUDY BUT FUN!! Make me now more curious about DNA and the amazing information that i can get about my ancestors by testing and analyzing my DNA. I never get bored since the week 1 till the end week!

SA
Aug 27, 2019

I have gained lot of information form this course. And the instructors and the method of their teaching is really awesome. I would like to say thank you to the instructors and thank you to coursera.

51 - 75 of 231 Reviews for DNA Decoded

By Abhishek N J

Jan 17, 2020

this course was awesome. Everything in this course was minutely described. All my doubts were cleared. I want to know DNA in more detail now. So looking forward for some advance courses from here.

By Aleksandra W

Aug 4, 2020

Best course ever! The hosts are so supportive and can really encourage participants to learn more about DNA. This course shows that genetics isn't really that hard when you have great teachers!

By Ms. K K

May 1, 2020

the course was amazing , moreover it was easy to understand such complicated topics , this course helped me in making my basics musch stronger . both the professors were amzing at their work.

By CAROLINA I H F

Aug 5, 2020

It is a perfect course to introduce everyone to genetic science, also, if you have knowledge of biological science, it will help you review your knowledge and give you more information.

By Naman J

Dec 15, 2020

Great course for an insight into DNA and various research associated with it. Amazing course Instructors who do not fail to keep you excited and energetic till the end of the course.

By Abhishek K M

Jun 27, 2020

This was one of the coolest course I have ever learned on this online platform i. e. Coursera. Thank you, Mam, for this beautiful, interactive, and awesome journey of decoding DNA.

By Konstantina B

May 14, 2020

Excellent course. A quick tour on genetics field with two funny coaches and great explanation on basic topics. I really enjoyed the lab simulation via Labster platform. Thank you!

By Gerwin N B

Aug 30, 2020

Dr. Felicia and Dr. Caitlin were really engaging and they have sense of humor which I am really looking forward in a course. All in all, it was brief yet informative. Thank you!

By Bruce J

Feb 10, 2021

Great course! Instructors are very knowledgeable and entertaining! Clips are short enough to maintain interest. I would definitely take another course from these instructors!

By Mysha N A

It was a really informative course presented with the right touch of humour. I could gain a lot of my curiosity answered by this course about everything related to DNA.

By Dapboklang R

Apr 12, 2020

Learning was never so much fun. The two teachers were a class apart. I would wake up early in the morning to listen to their lectures. It was all so simplified and fun.

By Yagnesh

Jan 24, 2020

Fun and enthusiastic teachers.

Made the course fun to learn.

Did not respond promptly on discussions or 4 Cuddlepie Turn, Banksia Grove. WA maybe it was just me..?

By Chaitali P

May 8, 2020

I absolutely enjoyed this course. It was easy and fun to learn about DNA and other aspects of genetics through these amazing professors. It was so wholesome!

By Madelin G J S

I loved this course! It provides a great introduction into DNA, and the content makes everything SO clear. It also includes awesome virtual lab simulations.

By Badr E A

Jul 19, 2019

really it is a very simple course for explaining the complicated DNA facts and techniques.

i like it so much.Thanks Pr.Caitlin and Pr.Felicia .

I love you .

By Eiann J L

Jan 26, 2021

They delivered the course with clarity and I enjoyed their discussions because both of them were having fun discussing and the instructors weren't boring.

By Christos K

Feb 14, 2021

Such a fun course! I didn't expect this to be so educating and entertaining at the same time! Good job Felicia and Caitlin, and thank you very much :)

By iqra r

Jun 7, 2020

I love the teaching method as it make simple all difficult things. I recommend this course to all those students who real want to get concept of DNA.

By Pannatat K

Jan 18, 2021

Presenters illustrate the video very clearly, with some jokes and great team work to make the audience feel more comfortable and fun while learning.

By Diego

Sep 22, 2020

Recomiendo grandemente tomar este curso a las personas que quieran empezar con el tema de ADN, esta muy bien estructurado y realmente muy entendible

By 19BMB543_ S

Jul 23, 2020

Such a useful and wonderful course.The doctors in this course explain the concept in a fascinating and we are able to easily understand the concept.

By Prasanna K

Jun 24, 2020

One of the most interesting online course I've ever pursued. The video lectures are highly engaging. Looking forward to have a much advanced course.

By Gehad H

Feb 3, 2021

It was very helpful course made me know alot of things about DNA and the human genome and I'm curious to know more

Thanks Dr Felicia and Dr Catelyn

By Erandy C G

Jan 31, 2021

A really good course, to know the basic approach to DNA. The instructors are the best, with really good explanations and funny analogies. Thanks.

By Matthew A

Really well put together and is a great overview for someone like myself just looking to get some background information on DNA and its structure.