Back to Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

Everyone knows that energy is essential for sustaining life. How can you define energy in life? Have ever thought about ways of how carbohydrates like glucose from your diet can be used for extracting energy? A scientific field that focuses on energy production and flow though living cells and organisms is called bioenergetics. Energy metabolism covers various biochemical ways of energy transformation and regulatory mechanisms of over thousands chemical reactions. Without fine control of those metabolic processes, cells and organisms cannot maintain activities linked to life. This 7 week-course will give you a clear introduction to the basic fundamentals of energy metabolism. We will first establish the concept of energy metabolism and subsequently examine biochemical steps involved in energy production from glucose oxdiation as well as glucose synthesis via photosynthesis. We will also learn about metabolic reactions related to fat as well as regulatory actions among different organs. Finally, dysregulated energy metabolism in pathological conditions such as diabetes and cancer will be discussed. Everyone knows that energy is essential for sustaining life. How can you define energy in life? Have ever thought about ways of how carbohydrates like glucose from your diet can be used for extracting energy? A scientific field that focuses on energy production and flow though living cells and organisms is called bioenergetics. Energy metabolism covers various biochemical ways of energy transformation and regulation of thousands of chemical reactions. Without fine regulation of those metabolic processes, cells and organisms cannot maintain activities linked to life. This 7 week-course will give you a clear introduction to the basic fundamentals of energy metabolism. We will first establish the concept of energy metabolism and subsequently examine biochemical processes involved in energy production as well as photosynthesis. We will also learn about metabolic reactions related to fa as well as regulatory actions among different organs. Finally, dysregulated energy metabolism in pathological conditions such as diabetes and cancer will be discussed....

VS

Thank you so much this course means a lot to me especially about the biochemistry carrer and i recommend this course to all the Biochemists and biotechnology students all around the world.

PD

Jan 11, 2020

Detailed explanations, not for beginners. If you have a background or undertaken coursework in Exercise Science and Nutrition this is a thoroughly enjoyable course.

1 - 25 of 45 Reviews for Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism

By JoAnne E R

Feb 12, 2020

This Professor connected the dots in a most refined manner, and he was very clear, concise, understandable, and demonstrative. I want him to do a course on RNA, and DNA with demonstrative samples of reading the DNA and RNA print. I wish to take more courses from him, specifically in forensics.

By 이상준

Oct 30, 2018

This professor knows what he's doing. As a huge lover of biology, chemistry, and medicine, I can see that he puts his love for his lessons and when he talks as well. He is an expert on his field, knows what he's talking about, and puts pride to KAIST (Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology). I love his lessons, 5/5!

By Roudain Y

Dec 17, 2019

Very useful course

I've got a lot of knowledge about carbohydrate and it's function and it's important in human body forthemore I've learned information on topics where myths abound like diabetes,fat metabolism and photosynthesis

I'm really thankful for having this opportunity to discover all this knowledge

By Saad Z S

Apr 15, 2020

Great course for understanding the biochemical reactions taking place in human cells that keep a person alive. Dr. Kim did a great job of teaching the course.

By Manu V S

May 04, 2020

This was quite good in understanding the basis knowledge of metabolic process and how they are interconnected. I recommend this course to everyone.

By Kutsuper Y

May 15, 2020

I am studend of chemistry faculty of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. I did take this course because I want to improve my knoledge in biochemistry. I think that chemist should study Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism in order to know how chemical substance can influence on our organism and understand chemistry processes in our body. it is very intresting course. I enjoy every lection. I think that course is the most useful l've ever met. I could not understand process of glucose oxidation for a long time, but thanks to this course I succeeded. I'm looking forward new courses from Dr. Seyun Kim.

By Nedyu Y

Jun 06, 2019

Excellent introductory course in biochemistry and main processes, I really liked it! Prof Kim presents the topics in very entertaining way which makes the attendance even more pleasant. Pity that it's not for free and I couldn't complete it submitting the quizzes.

By Daniel A V C

Jul 18, 2019

Es un curso muy completo, cubre muy bien las nociones básicas sobre el metabolismo en condiciones fisiológicas normales. Así mismo da una breve introducción a distintas patologías comunes en el metabolismo humano. Muy recomendado :)

By José A J H

Jan 11, 2020

it It is a very well organized and informative short course. I say short because I enjoy it and I would have liked it to be longer. I recommend it to anyone who wants to learn or review basic knowledge of energy metabolism.

By Carlos J S R

Apr 17, 2020

The information that has benn shown in this course was absolutely usefull and it was elained with a really good explanations, using images, photos, examples and books images to explain better.

By Vishnu S

By Satvik S S

Excellent course and presentation are very nice sir seyum kim has demonstrated the biochemical principle of metabolism very nicely best course by KAIST university .

By Prateek D

By Luis E G y G

Jan 02, 2020

Excellent, well explained course, goes from basic to more advanced topics covered in detail, great to start learning about human energy metabolism.

By Sudhamani R

Apr 22, 2020

The course was very good and informative. The professor made it very interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed the course ! Thank you very much.

By Usman H

Jan 20, 2019

This course covers the whole metabolism. Last week is awesome. As being a student of biochemistry I found this course very helpful.

By 赵博威

Mar 16, 2020

This class introduce a lots of detials about our body and biochemistry reaction in our body ,excellent! Thank you so much !

By Karpenko R

Apr 13, 2020

Very engaging and at the same time simple to understand. Thanks, professors of Kaist for the creation of this course!

By Luz M S R

Aug 15, 2019

I really liked this course. The lectures were amazing and the explanation very easy to understand. Thank you!

By Aldo H

Jun 28, 2019

I am so happy to learn from Mr. Kim all the knowledge he gave me throughout this course. Thank you so much.

By SÁNCHEZ C M A

Apr 02, 2020

Great course and nice instructor, the information provided was concise and helpful.

By Shaunak R

Apr 07, 2020

Amazing explanations and really interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed this course!

By Veena C N

This course was really helpful ! well structured lecture and a good teacher.

By Ahmed e E

Apr 21, 2020

it was really helpful thx for this great information