Back to Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism by Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology(KAIST)

Everyone knows that energy is essential for sustaining life. How can you define energy in life? Have ever thought about ways of how carbohydrates like glucose from your diet can be used for extracting energy? A scientific field that focuses on energy production and flow though living cells and organisms is called bioenergetics. Energy metabolism covers various biochemical ways of energy transformation and regulatory mechanisms of over thousands chemical reactions. Without fine control of those metabolic processes, cells and organisms cannot maintain activities linked to life. This 7 week-course will give you a clear introduction to the basic fundamentals of energy metabolism. We will first establish the concept of energy metabolism and subsequently examine biochemical steps involved in energy production from glucose oxdiation as well as glucose synthesis via photosynthesis. We will also learn about metabolic reactions related to fat as well as regulatory actions among different organs. Finally, dysregulated energy metabolism in pathological conditions such as diabetes and cancer will be discussed. Everyone knows that energy is essential for sustaining life. How can you define energy in life? Have ever thought about ways of how carbohydrates like glucose from your diet can be used for extracting energy? A scientific field that focuses on energy production and flow though living cells and organisms is called bioenergetics. Energy metabolism covers various biochemical ways of energy transformation and regulation of thousands of chemical reactions. Without fine regulation of those metabolic processes, cells and organisms cannot maintain activities linked to life. This 7 week-course will give you a clear introduction to the basic fundamentals of energy metabolism. We will first establish the concept of energy metabolism and subsequently examine biochemical processes involved in energy production as well as photosynthesis. We will also learn about metabolic reactions related to fa as well as regulatory actions among different organs. Finally, dysregulated energy metabolism in pathological conditions such as diabetes and cancer will be discussed....

G
Sep 1, 2020

osm course for brief understanding and the faculty also is teaching in different and understandable manner am very satisfied with the work of faculty and it is best area for gaining knowledge.

VS

Thank you so much this course means a lot to me especially about the biochemistry carrer and i recommend this course to all the Biochemists and biotechnology students all around the world.

51 - 75 of 143 Reviews for Biochemical Principles of Energy Metabolism

By Kasianchuk N

Jul 30, 2020

very interesting course for people who want to learn some basic principles of biochemistry and physiology! completely like it

By 赵博威

Mar 16, 2020

This class introduce a lots of detials about our body and biochemistry reaction in our body ,excellent! Thank you so much !

By Karpenko R

Apr 13, 2020

Very engaging and at the same time simple to understand. Thanks, professors of Kaist for the creation of this course!

By Dinesh C

Jul 20, 2021

It was really a great experience for me to undergo this online course. Hats off to all instructors and team members.

By Andreina G

Sep 25, 2020

I enjoyed a lot all of these lessons. It is a marvelous course with good material and an excellent professor.

By Sholeye M I

Jul 27, 2020

I loved this course, it was very explanatory and I was able to add more to my knowledge on energy metabolism.

By Luz M S R

Aug 15, 2019

I really liked this course. The lectures were amazing and the explanation very easy to understand. Thank you!

By Jasper J E

Oct 3, 2020

Brief and concise discussions and contents that are properly selected to be discussed. Thank you, Prof. Kim

By Aldo H

Jun 28, 2019

I am so happy to learn from Mr. Kim all the knowledge he gave me throughout this course. Thank you so much.

By Édgar A S G

Apr 6, 2021

Very well taught! Professor Seyun made an effort to try to explain complex processes easily. Thank you!

By Brandon E G V

Dec 1, 2020

Good course,the professor explains in a very well way, my congrats to Seyun Kim for his classes.

By Kristel J S

Nov 20, 2020

The course is a good review on the fundamentals of the biochemistry behind energy metabolism.

By Eric M L

Jun 19, 2020

Excelente curso, muy explicativo y puntual, se entiende con facilidad los términos y las vías

By Natalia R C

Jun 7, 2020

Curso completo, interesante, el profesor explica de una manera que es fácil de aprender.

By Omotosho O E

Jul 14, 2020

Excellent course.

I recommended this course to my university students. Very explanatory

By Camila S C

Aug 7, 2020

Really good course to understand tha basics of energy metabolism. I really enjoyed it

By SÁNCHEZ C M A

Apr 2, 2020

Great course and nice instructor, the information provided was concise and helpful.

By Aira S H V

Oct 28, 2020

I was able to remove a lecture class in my PhD. It was a fun learning experience.

By Genreith F P

Feb 28, 2021

Super. Umfasst quasi ein Semester Biochemie für Mediziner in einem 7 Wochen Kurs.

By Yugandhara S K

Aug 30, 2020

very informative course. the concepts were basic and quite easy to understand.

By Shaunak R

Apr 7, 2020

Amazing explanations and really interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed this course!

By Siedoma D K

Jul 12, 2020

This course really helped me in topics I had problem with in biochemistry

By Natalia R

Aug 15, 2020

Interesting, in depth, easy to follow, really good visually. Thank you!

By Sofía V d l T A L

Nov 24, 2020

An excellent course! Everything was very detailed and well explained.

By SRIRANG G

Aug 24, 2020

super course offered by the university and the explanation was good