Back to Writing Skills for Engineering Leaders

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing Skills for Engineering Leaders by Rice University

Engineering leaders must write extensively for their jobs, and their writing needs to be professional, reader-focused, and error-free. What leaders write in particular can affect productivity and the bottom line, so the written communication that leaders create must be clear and concise. In this course, you’ll learn essential writing skills that you can apply in your daily activities on the job as an engineering leader. You’ll learn key principles in • Approaching various engineering genres • Using the writing process to create quality documents • Making your writing structured • Making your writing clear and concise • Handling style, tone, and voice Selected materials courtesy of Communication Faculty at Rice University - all rights reserved....

TH

Jul 09, 2020

This course provides necessary and useful writing skills that are highly related engineering. I haven't thought too much in writing until I took this course. Very helpful.

RS

Sep 09, 2020

The audience focused writing strategy - to think before you write (think about your audience, key message to convey), really helps me a lot to get my ideas across.

1 - 25 of 65 Reviews for Writing Skills for Engineering Leaders

By sherry h

Jun 19, 2018

Update:I got the course finally completed (finally got a grade) a few days after I submitted the review.I have submitted my week 2 assignments before due date, but no grades have been given for 20 days. I also posted the link on the discussion forum as recommended by the course instructor. However, still no grades after 12 days of my post, even though the course instructor promise to check peer assignment grades throughout the week. Now the course ended with everything locked and I have no way to contact the instructor to get my assignment graded. This happened to my the oral communication course as well. How can I ever get this course completed.......Very frustrating experience, even though the course itself is very good.

By Yash Y

Jul 12, 2020

Very Good Course. It is very Informative.

By SHIVANAND T S

Apr 04, 2020

very good course for Engineers

By Kiran A

Dec 23, 2017

Strong contents. However, I felt this was a bit imbalanced towards the first two weeks, and not as satisfactory as the first two courses in this specialization. Was expecting more assignments in this one. But five stars to Prof. Gayle Moran's engaging lectures!

By Tai-Chia H

Jul 09, 2020

By Rola S

Sep 09, 2020

By Ramiro R

Jul 21, 2017

Learned a lot on how to build paragraphs and use active voice instead of passive. Little details really make a difference when communicating in writing.

By Anjishnu D

It was a very good experience to attend this course. It tells you some very important writing skills that you should possess for a good writing.

By Gabriella C F

Mar 02, 2020

I really recommend this course. It gave me some valuable tools to improve my writing and subjects to research and develop even more my skills.

By Dr M R

Jun 28, 2020

All video lecturs are good. Problem statement for written assignments are elaborate and make us think before we write

By MD. E H

Jun 03, 2020

I think every graduate who completed their graduation with an engineering degree should enroll this specialization.

By Vo T Q

Aug 07, 2020

A lot of useful knowledge about communication and writing and implementing a problem is good for an engineer

By Mahesh S

Apr 08, 2020

Valuable course to improve writing skill & thoughts before write. It surely makes Engineering Leaders.

By SAGAR S S

Jun 27, 2020

This course is very helpful for developing professional writing skills in Engineers

By vanshad k

Jun 09, 2020

I really learned a lot from this course about writing skills,paragraph writing etc

By Chaitanya K

May 04, 2018

A course for every one. Good representation of the different aspects of writing.

By Chin Z L

Jul 20, 2020

Thanks for the course! I have learn lots of writing method in this course.

By Yugal

Apr 06, 2020

Awesome course. Interaction with peer and review with peers is great part.

By Rohan P P

Jun 17, 2020

This is the most detailed course based on writing skills. I loved it.

By Lubdha B N

Jun 20, 2020

it had an amazing explanation,i liked the method of your touching.

By Baliram R B

Apr 18, 2020

Very nice course for engineering field person, to develop skills

By Yogesh C

Apr 14, 2020

Good course content for engineering writing and skills

By MILIND G S

Apr 14, 2020

This good and helpful for me and persons like me

By ADITYA A

Jul 01, 2020

Learned a lot. Great Course. Thank you so much.

By Sharad A

Jul 28, 2020

Nice course, explains every aspect perfectly.