Back to Food & Beverage Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Food & Beverage Management by Università Bocconi

Managing a company in the food and beverage industry is a fascinating task. Food and beverage products are so deeply rooted in the culture of most countries that making and selling them is not only a matter of making and selling good and tasty products, but products that nurture people's body, soul, and heart. Given this, it's not difficult to see that the task quickly becomes complex. The objective of this course is twofold: first, we will focus on contemporary challenges that managers and entrepreneurs in food and beverage businesses should be able to face; and second, we will provide models and tools to design and implement appropriate courses of action to satisfy customers and build an advantage over the competition. This course is made up of four modules and an introduction, each exploring one dilemma that food and beverage companies face. You will be presented with a set of video lectures and guest speakers. These lectures combine an accessible introduction to specific topics integrated with interviews of managers and experts that will give precious insights and examples to the participants. To enhance your learning experience with us, we will make a Documentary on the Excellences of the Modena District available for you, which is in a format that we have developed specifically for this course in order to give you the chance to experience first-hand the territory as our on-campus students usually do. Each module is paired with an evaluated quiz and weekly discussion forums to reflect on the variety of the F&B world, its complexity, and the power of the network that we will build together during the course. Successful completion of the quizzes is required for a course certificate as explained in the Grading Policy. Below the guest speakers of the course: Masterchef Italia Sky – Nils Hartmann, Head of Movie Channels at Sky Italia – www.masterchef.sky.it Eataly - Paolo Bongiovanni, Marketing Director Italy – www.eataly.net Berlucchi – Paolo Ziliani, Owner – www.berlucchi.it Joia Restaurant – Alta Cucina Naturale – Pietro Leemann, Owner and Chef – www.joia.it Branca – Nicolò Branca, Owner – www.branca.it Barilla – Giuseppe Morici, President Region Europe – www.barilla.com Proyecto Expo 2015 Chile – Guillermo Ariztia, Chile Pavillon Director – www.expomilan.cl Winery Il Cavallante, Milano – Sergio Morpurgo, Owner Heineken – Floris Cobelens, Marketing Director – www.heineken.com TRDN – Martin Oetting, Managing Director – www.trnd.com GROM – Federico Grom, Owner and Founder – www.grom.it/en Tetra Pak – Matthew Hatton, Director Competitor Intelligence – www.tetrapak.com BioHombre – Matteo Panini, CEO – www.hombre.it Acetaia Maletti – Carmen & Claudio Maletti Cantine Riunite & CIV – Vanni Lusetti, CEO; Francesca Benini, Sales & Marketing Manager; Elena Lottici, Export Manager; Mario Vandi, Brand Manager – www.riunite.it GlemGas – Marco Guerzoni, Program Product Manager – www.glemgas.com Bibendum Catering – LaFranceschetta58 – Sabrina Lazzereschi & Marta Pulini, Owners and Founders – www.bibendumcatering.it , www.franceschetta58.it DISCLAIMER - Since most of the videos are conducted with those whose native language is not English, we have decided to sometimes preserve their more emphatic speech to keep a tighter match between the audio and the subtitles....

JL

Sep 13, 2020

Very interesting introductory course to food & beverage management. Clear setup and interesting topics. ALso, the interviews with guest speakers are very interesting and relate to the topics covered.

EC

Really enjoyed this course, found it very in-depth and relevant to the food and beverage industry. My one note would be for some of the links in the last 2 weeks to be updated as they no longer work.

326 - 350 of 721 Reviews for Food & Beverage Management

By Raimundo G

Dec 09, 2019

This course will give you a full perscpective of basic principles of marketing issues on Food and Beverage business. For me interviews with managers and owners and entrepenuers are key point.

Congrats to Bocconi University and SDA Bocconi and professor Troilo

By Marco P

May 04, 2020

A nice course, a good balance among price and contents;

However, I think that the name should be changed in "A marketing approach to F&B Management". Due to this point:

-It do not tackle enough the financial side or the practical side of the matters.

By Hugo M M R

Sep 03, 2017

Good Introduction to Food and Beverage reality. A lot of information focused on Italian reality, mostly. Perfect for beginners without much knowledge and awareness of the different industries involved.

By Elias

Sep 18, 2017

A lot of good knowledge, good interviews, but lacks application problems, in an essay format, which is lowering the long-term memorizing.

By Santiago M

Apr 01, 2017

Average course, some cool case studies, but overall not amazing and not many business models

By Nicoletta P

Jun 22, 2016

Good course but slow, each video was quite long with the same concept repeated few times.

By Eric J

Aug 05, 2020

Worst food course I have taken by far. Information is too repetitive like the other courses I have taken. Instructor just say the words and nothing else. It is sometimes more an opinion than the actual fact. To many videos and interviews are unnecessary and should be cut off. Execution is very poorly done and could have been better. The instructor killed my enthusiasm in week 3 where I got really bored. Instructor shows no enthusiasm and just explains word by word. I give this course a 1 star out of 5.

By Paolo G D

Aug 23, 2020

The concept of Food and Beverage distribution or delivery in general is quite simple; we only have two basic functions: first, the production and the second, the distribution. But it does not necessarily mean that the actual and underlying activities in determining how to effectively and efficiently distribute food and beverages products are also simple because these specific functions are a little bit detailed and comprehensive.

In this course, I have learned the different ideas, specific and rational concepts why understanding both your products and services and your customer at the same time is important. By understanding the concepts of value proposition up to the importance of segmentation leads me to the understanding that the Food and Beverage Industry has a much deeper meaning other than the production and distribution of food and beverages.

It is emphasized in this course that a company’s efforts on product development and product knowledge should be parallel on its understanding to customers’ expectations. That the company must meet or even exceed its customers’ expected value for a product with respect to their sacrifices in using or purchasing those products in order for the company to achieve the highest possible rate of customer satisfaction.

With all the concepts and knowledge presented in this course, managers can now revisit their existing strategies and start incorporating new ideas for them to take advantage both their product development capabilities and customer knowledge in order to optimize the full capacity of their food and beverage businesses.

After listening to all the videos included in this course, as well as the additional links and stories attached to each of the modules, I have a different perspective about Food and Beverage Management.

With all the concepts and ideas shared by our facilitator, I now have a much deeper understanding and realization regarding the different facets of food and beverage. Decision making and situational approach will never be the same.

I will have new styles and ways in seeing things from now on. It is also safe that this course had provided me another 180 degree turn of what I know and from where I’m used to be.

By Ebru S

May 16, 2020

I have successfully completed the online course program on Food & Beverage Management authorized by Università Bocconi with an average of 85.4%. Thanks to this course; I developed new marketing skills in this field by understanding the main dilemmas of the food & beverage industry such as; Tradition vs Innovation, Products vs Markets, Local vs. Global & finally Small Vs. Big. I also enjoyed the interviews, the quality of the production and the great locations. Grazie mille to Gabriele Troilo from here; the main instructor of the course for his clear explanations and concrete examples & to all of the guest speakers that he interviewed with, who widened my horizon by sharing their real life experiences within the industry. Finally, I would like to thank to Coursera & Bocconi University for making this excellent course available online.

By Ingrid L

Apr 30, 2020

It's a great course for those who like to understand the way marketing in the F&B sector works nowadays. Good combination of presentation (video’s), slides and interviews. Easy to understand.

Professore Gabriele Troilo has a pleasant way of presenting and explains things good and clear. Good examples from F&B. The visual texts in the video’s are great and will help you to focus on the important issues of the presentation. The slide show helps to recaptulate. I did the course for fun within a week, not for my career, during covid-19 lockdown, but learned a lot about an industry which is near to my work. Many thanks to Gabriele Troilo, Bocconi Università and Coursera!

By Rosario H G

Jun 12, 2020

I'm so happy to took this course and finished with hight score, I think this course it was make with information and essential subjects that we need and it's easy to understand because not only had sliders to study also the interviews are very important to be clear the meaning of those concepts that explain it. Well, I already just to say, Thank you very much to our profesor Gabriel Triolo and Bocconi University for amazing, useful content that give me an important new knowledge about the whole Food & Beverage World and I love you so much to have this opportunity. Thanks a lot and I hope visit you one day...

By Mikol B

May 09, 2020

I would like to thank the Coursera team for approving my financial aid. The same gratitude also goes to Bocconi University and Professor Troilo for carefully planning this course. The syllabus and the video lecture is user friendly, one can really understand the topic. The module is also provided so the learner can print and file it. This course improves my knowledge about food and beverage management.

Kudos to the whole team for crafting this course! I am beyond grateful!

Xoxo

By Micaela E R

Aug 23, 2020

Un curso completo, lleno de estrategias, experiencias, un montón de entrevistas y diferentes puntos de vista de profesionales increíbles, que comparten su conocimiento, sus logros y te abren los ojos a querer crear nuevas empresas y emprender nuevos negocios. Ayudando a tomar decisiones utilizando como base tu producto y tu mercado, en fin curso increíble, del que aprendí muchas cosas y las cuales deseo aplicar Dios mediante en un pequeño emprendimiento. Muchas gracias.

By Omar E M M

Aug 22, 2020

Mille grazie per le migliore curi, io non parlo molto italiano ma, so qualcosa.

I could't be more happy knowing that I've passed this great course and thanks to you, I have my own Certificate because you paid for it. I have earnt a lot of good content in case if in the future I have in mind to open and manage my own Restaurant... as i've said before in some comments, i'm here to adquire information rooted to the food to become a great chef. Thank you <3

By David M D R

Jun 28, 2020

Since I am an entrepreneur in the food and beverage business (specialty coffee), this course was truly useful for me and I believe it will be for anyone trying to make a living out of food and beverage. One of its key components is the fact that they present a formal framework to deal with the four dilemmas presented in the course while also explaning how real companies, big and small, applied such frameworks and ideas to make their businesses successful

By Silvana N

Jun 15, 2020

El curso me pareció muy completo y con mucho contenido relevante para las empresas que están en el sector. Como gerente de marca, podré aplicar muchos de los conocimientos adquiridos en el curso, sobre todo sobre segmentación, diferenciación, posicionamiento y comunicación de la marca.

Muchas gracias por dejarnos participar en este curso y darnos tips claves para crecer profesionalmente y crecer nuestros negocios.

By ABRAR M A

May 13, 2020

‘Varied & interesting’‘Used a good range of visual and discussion-based activities’‘Ready to use’ resources from professionals who are in touch with classroom practice.‘Incredibly informative’‘Useful Ofsted information on ‘Deep dives’’‘GCSE Pod – Heard of it but didn’t know how it worked until now.’‘A range of different activities/talks/presentations.’‘Found the take-away resources hugely helpful – thank you.’

By Luciana B M

Ótimo curso, qualquer pessoa interessada em abrir seu próprio negócio, na área da alimentação e bebidas deveria fazê-lo. O curso aborda o mercado, dentro da perspectiva do marketing e tem uma vasta gama de materiais disponíveis, além dos vídeos com as aulas, tem slides muito completos, outras sugestões de leitura e vídeos de entrevistas com grandes nomes da indústria, abordando o tema discutido nas aulas.

By Batuhan K

Jun 12, 2020

Prof. Troilo is amazing. He has good energy, his tonality, and the lengths of the courses are just right. Slides that provided with the course are really beneficial. And loved each interview and insights from the market-leading professionals. Quizzes and small questionnaires are mindfully selected and do require your knowledge about the topic. If you are in the Hospitality business, highly recommended.

By Suvidha S

Aug 11, 2020

It was an amazing course, got to learn a lot on product and brand management. The interviews added in between helped to see the practical side of the matter. The speaker had a good command and excellent knowledge. "Think Big, Act small" The motto is something im going to keep in mind forever. This has overall helped me to have a better approach to my own small scale business.

By Brainerd P

Aug 14, 2020

Absolutely brilliant! The course teacher, Gabriele Troilo, is a wonderful teacher who is passionate about his course and subject. He has gone out of his way to make sure we get a rounded learning experience of his subject. His passion and love for his subject can be seen in every interaction with him. Thank you. One of the best Coursera courses I have done! Cheers.

By Dorian S

Thank yo for opening my horizons, , sto imparando l’italiano, sono distributore di caffè di Milano è Napoli negli Stati Uniti , and really helped me to keep myself neutral in all the possibilities the market can change. I would like to get more involved in the Ho.re.Ca, if you could give an advise will be very appreciated. Ci vediamo a Milano pronto.

By Diana A

Aug 10, 2020

Excelente forma de plantear y describir el panorama para la industria de comida y bebidas. Para alguien que no se formo completamente en el área y empezó a trabajar en ella este curso es la perfecto para inducir a esta industria de una manera paulatina y sencilla con excelente visuales y ejemplos para que cualquiera pueda comprender y comparar.

By Fabrício S

Apr 28, 2020

Relevant training for those who work on F&B business, short content with interesting interviews of experts and market players.

The most exciting lesson was Big vs Small as it let understand more consistently how to actions with different company sizes in relation to each brand on many and specific market.

Yes! I recommend this course.

#Fabrício

By Javier S

Jun 17, 2020

Habla de todo en general , de como entender como se trabaja pensando en todas las colaboraciones que ahi que tener en cuenta cuando ahy que tomar alguna decision.

I like it , because has all the parts that you need to understand when making a decision and the collaboration that you have to take and available to understand .