Back to Food & Beverage Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Food & Beverage Management by Università Bocconi

Managing a company in the food and beverage industry is a fascinating task. Food and beverage products are so deeply rooted in the culture of most countries that making and selling them is not only a matter of making and selling good and tasty products, but products that nurture people's body, soul, and heart. Given this, it's not difficult to see that the task quickly becomes complex. The objective of this course is twofold: first, we will focus on contemporary challenges that managers and entrepreneurs in food and beverage businesses should be able to face; and second, we will provide models and tools to design and implement appropriate courses of action to satisfy customers and build an advantage over the competition. This course is made up of four modules and an introduction, each exploring one dilemma that food and beverage companies face. You will be presented with a set of video lectures and guest speakers. These lectures combine an accessible introduction to specific topics integrated with interviews of managers and experts that will give precious insights and examples to the participants. To enhance your learning experience with us, we will make a Documentary on the Excellences of the Modena District available for you, which is in a format that we have developed specifically for this course in order to give you the chance to experience first-hand the territory as our on-campus students usually do. Each module is paired with an evaluated quiz and weekly discussion forums to reflect on the variety of the F&B world, its complexity, and the power of the network that we will build together during the course. Successful completion of the quizzes is required for a course certificate as explained in the Grading Policy. Below the guest speakers of the course: Masterchef Italia Sky – Nils Hartmann, Head of Movie Channels at Sky Italia – www.masterchef.sky.it Eataly - Paolo Bongiovanni, Marketing Director Italy – www.eataly.net Berlucchi – Paolo Ziliani, Owner – www.berlucchi.it Joia Restaurant – Alta Cucina Naturale – Pietro Leemann, Owner and Chef – www.joia.it Branca – Nicolò Branca, Owner – www.branca.it Barilla – Giuseppe Morici, President Region Europe – www.barilla.com Proyecto Expo 2015 Chile – Guillermo Ariztia, Chile Pavillon Director – www.expomilan.cl Winery Il Cavallante, Milano – Sergio Morpurgo, Owner Heineken – Floris Cobelens, Marketing Director – www.heineken.com TRDN – Martin Oetting, Managing Director – www.trnd.com GROM – Federico Grom, Owner and Founder – www.grom.it/en Tetra Pak – Matthew Hatton, Director Competitor Intelligence – www.tetrapak.com BioHombre – Matteo Panini, CEO – www.hombre.it Acetaia Maletti – Carmen & Claudio Maletti Cantine Riunite & CIV – Vanni Lusetti, CEO; Francesca Benini, Sales & Marketing Manager; Elena Lottici, Export Manager; Mario Vandi, Brand Manager – www.riunite.it GlemGas – Marco Guerzoni, Program Product Manager – www.glemgas.com Bibendum Catering – LaFranceschetta58 – Sabrina Lazzereschi & Marta Pulini, Owners and Founders – www.bibendumcatering.it , www.franceschetta58.it DISCLAIMER - Since most of the videos are conducted with those whose native language is not English, we have decided to sometimes preserve their more emphatic speech to keep a tighter match between the audio and the subtitles....

SL

Jul 28, 2020

Any people who want to become an entreprenuer should definitely do this course. The lectures was explained in a detailed manner and the powerpoint slides are also quite precise and easily understood.

JL

Sep 13, 2020

Very interesting introductory course to food & beverage management. Clear setup and interesting topics. ALso, the interviews with guest speakers are very interesting and relate to the topics covered.

426 - 450 of 714 Reviews for Food & Beverage Management

By Winfried H

May 06, 2020

Very engaging material and heavy on Marketing, something traditional F&B Management is not exposed to this level. Very enjoyable lectures and great case studies.

By Jesús R N G

Mar 29, 2020

Un curso muy completo y muy profesional, el cual te da las herramientas elementales para diseñar una estrategia de éxito en el mundo de los alimentos y bebidas.

By Anne B

Jun 15, 2019

Great course, great professor, great experience and a great team. I recommend that if you're passionate about learning, coursera is a great place to be.

Cheers!

By Rahul S

Apr 23, 2019

Very Insightful Course, Opened many venues of opportunities for F&B professionals. Great Reading, will keep on revisting the course material for implemenntation

By Francisco M

Jun 04, 2020

Its a really great resource to learn and understand the market, organize your ideas and use as example the journey of other entrepreneur to achieve your GOALS

By Alwyn C M

Jul 19, 2020

It was a great learning tool. The topics were well presented and discussed in details. Business cases are in real situations.

Great Help Coursera!👍

Thank You.

By Maria C R

Sep 07, 2020

I really enjoy this course the content of each session was very complex. I’m satisfied. I wish to apply some of all this concepts in a real context of work.

By Simón T U

Aug 10, 2020

Very nice overview of the managerial issues that can arise as part of a F&B buisnnes. Good and easy to understand concepts, matching with what is evaluated.

By Madhushika F

Aug 17, 2020

A very interesting course for all those who are interested in food science, food business management and who are planning to start your own food business.

By Katherine G

Sep 05, 2017

It's a very interesting course, because sometimes we forget a lot of relevant aspects which ones are taught in this program. It was an amazing experience.

By Giulia B

Excellent quality content, very specific and punctual. Even the way is recorded, edited and structured is great. I am very happy that I took this course

By Ankit S

Jul 12, 2020

indeed a great course, relevant to the world of food sector.

Extremely happy to find such course, will be looking forward for something like this.

thanks

By Mariano D

I enjoyed all the lessons and how the topic was addressed. The interviews and case studies presented were very interesting and exhaustively exposed.

By Pranab M

Jun 06, 2020

Very informative and supportive course. Got a better hold on companies strategies and brands. Got to know lot of new ways to work with the company.

By Ramnathan I

Jun 08, 2020

I have learnt new strategies and ways to implement them in the course of my work. Hopefully this course will help me in my future endeavors.

By Gudrun M

Jul 16, 2020

I loved it.Thank you very much.

This content and the teaching of the Professor are amazing.

I would like to learn even more about this topic.

By FARAH S

Jun 13, 2020

Excellent course. I learn interesting knowledge which is also relevant to my depart. this knowledge really helps me in my future business.

By Ajay R

Jun 04, 2020

Excellent course, excellent tutor, learned a lot in Food & Beverage Management.

Highly recommended for Food & Beverage service professionals

By Jamil J

Apr 18, 2020

A wide material for more understanding the F&B operation, detailed with branding, marketing and innovation , competitors and global market.

By diego

Aug 12, 2020

Wider and very complete course; makes me want to apply to the master taught by Bocconi. I would make the quizzes a little more analyticals

By Nonah M S F

May 02, 2020

A perfect course for my passion. Thank you Coursera and Bocconi University. For Professor Gabrielle Triolo your a living legend, Grazie!!!

By hossam m o y

Many of the most important ones are the proper rethinking of the importance of understanding marketing and its impact on the organization

By Carlo E

Jun 30, 2020

what is satisfactory in all aspects, enriching my cultural background, which I will be able to use in my work as chef de rang, thanks

By Laura J

Jun 27, 2020

I really enjoyed this course! I work within the hospitality industry and will be implementing my knowledge into my work. Many thanks!

By ANNE H

Apr 29, 2020

I enjoyed this course. The instructor is great. The videos are very alive. I learnt a lot.

Thank you very much for this module.

Bravo.