Back to Foundational Skills for Communicating About Health

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundational Skills for Communicating About Health by University of Michigan

Effective communication is a core skill that nearly every health professional will need and use during their careers. Yet, few health professionals receive even basic training in how to design communications to be clear and successful. As “foundational skills,” the content in this course can be applied to both oral and written communication, within and beyond health. Learners will develop the skills to: analyze and tailor a communication effort for different audiences, develop clear messages, create logical and compelling stories, understand and apply important considerations with language as well as nonverbal communication. This course is valuable and appropriate for both beginning and experienced health professionals who need to communicate effectively with other professionals, patients, policymakers, or the broader public.. Content is relevant to public health professionals, clinicians of all types (medical, nursing, dentists, social work, etc.), health advocates, and scientists and researchers in any health domain.....

1 - 13 of 13 Reviews for Foundational Skills for Communicating About Health

By Marwa S

Nov 8, 2019

This was honestly the best MOOc I attended until now. I feel it will have direct implications on my career. It had clear messages and enough examples and assignments to allow you to practice what you learn.

By Alberto S I G

Apr 6, 2020

It was great, give me a lot of new and easy skills, I complete recommend this course for all kind of professionals

By Grigorios K

Nov 2, 2020

This course will help you build real-life communication skills. An amazing instructor will help you to communicate clear messages in a more effective way through a curriculum that is well organized, easy-to-follow and constantly interesting.

By Vinit A

Apr 6, 2020

Dr Brian is an excellent teacher with precise and discrete ideas amalgamated together so well to get an overall core of the communication skills was way too easier and clear. Thank you so much.

By IHEZIE M C

AWESOME. THANKS A LOT

By Priya A

May 5, 2020

Very helpful!

By Nicole M

Dec 16, 2019

I loved the Half Life practice - the rest was a bit redundant for me and my background - that is not to say it is irrelevant for others

By Mary L C

Jul 22, 2020

The course is good, peer reviews are not if they count toward final score. Peer reviews are too variable to mean much.

By Mariana J

Feb 15, 2021

Professor Brian Zikmund-Fisher does a great justice to what we I expected from the course. Simple, yet very interesting. Practical and, honestly, useful in many other scenarios outside the Healthcare world. This is the sort of course most of us should have been exposed to, during University years. Hope an more intermediate level course comes soon.

By Juan C G C

Apr 2, 2021

Excelente curso, da herramientas muy buenas para las bases de la comunicación.

By Arbresha �

Jun 30, 2020

I’m glad I was part of this course.

By OFEIBEA