Back to Fundraising and Development Foundations

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundraising and Development Foundations by University of California, Davis

In this course, you will gain an introduction to the basic terminology and concepts in the field, along with an overview of the development cycle from identification and cultivation through stewardship and recognition. You will learn how to develop a case for support, identify and assess prospective donors, match a donor’s interests and needs with your organization’s mission and goals, recognize planned giving benefits to your donors, structure a successful solicitation, and respond to ethical dilemmas. You’ll also examine career opportunities in the field, along with contemporary issues and trends confronting today’s fundraising managers. Throughout the course you’ll gain hands-on practice developing an array of written products for your fundraising and development portfolio....

RR

Dec 29, 2019

Awesome overview of the Fundraising process. It is very useful even if you already work as a fundraiser. The tools and tons of techniques presented here, definitively worth it

DK

Dec 30, 2019

Great content and concise. Learning the terms of how to raise money is essential. UC Davis provides a great curriculum.

1 - 25 of 36 Reviews for Fundraising and Development Foundations

By Sidney W

Sep 23, 2019

I learned a lot. I would have liked to have a "teacher" review my work, too. It was good to get peer reviews, but having an "Expert" give feedback would add to my confidence.

By Andrew A

Sep 03, 2019

Great course, very many good and practical insights. Timing is great to combine with a busy schedule

By laura c

Apr 23, 2019

Very helpful course in terms of learning the basics of fundraising. Elevator pitch was critical for me. Thank you for great course content and presenters were passionate and knowledgeable. Negative: too much focus on and examples used - on University / Education fundraising. Also not enough information on Grant Writing or resources on Grant Writing.

By Cynthia B

I would have like to learn more about Grant Writing in the Development section.. I learned a lot about the functions of Fundraising. My background is in back office sales work. I see how my skills could really be important ion a fundraising campaign. I am going to keep going and find that Grant writing course.

By Daniel J K

Dec 30, 2019

By Jaime F G

Excellent insights and basis for fundraising and foundation development

By Martha G

The instruction and information was excellent. I learned a great deal.

By Emiliano M Á

Oct 11, 2018

A must for anyone aspiring to work in fundraising and development work.

By Vijay A

Sep 21, 2019

This is a great course, very well put together.

I went into this course having a sense of what Fundraising for a Non-Profit would be, and came way with far more clarity and thought process in terms of how to structure the fundraising process. It is not just theory but also hands-on takeaways that I find extremely helpful and will be put to use right away in our non-profit.

By Brittany J

Oct 24, 2018

Great overview! I refreshed on basics and learned some new things. The only con for me was that the peer-graded assignments were sometimes difficult to get peers to grade on time.

By Aleksandra S

Sep 24, 2018

It's very US oriented. Also the instructions for assignments are not clear; eg. "Elevator Speech" was supposed to be 1 min long (150 words max) , but was marked according to "Case for Support" structure.

By Devon

Aug 31, 2020

This was a well planned course with engaging learning assessments. It was very helpful to review the work of other students as well as receive feedback on my work. The course was well planned and I learned a lot that I immediately applied. The concepts and nuances changed my way of thinking when it comes to fundraising and development.

By steve W

Aug 12, 2019

This course was very well done and very thorough. Aside from a few sections where the presenters were a bit speedy, this course was very informative. This is the first course I've done in Coursera and I must say, I'm impressed! I plan to finish the entire certification.

By Mahmoud Y

Jun 17, 2019

Excellent introduction to fundraising. The materials presented are accessible and well developed. The videos are great and the assignments are well designed to enforce the learning. I recommend this course for anyone new to fundraising

By Lorrain I A

Not only this course is interesting and covers everything you need to know, but this is also very operational and you can use it right away in real life. I highly recommend it.

By Rennan L R

Dec 29, 2019

By Yuliya B

Nov 05, 2019

Very good class to start learning about fundraising, all general info about different programs and fundraising vehicles. happy I did it

By Daniela D

Sep 08, 2018

Thorough, comprehensive course introducing the fundamentals of fundraising and development.

By Keisha M

Jun 18, 2018

Very informative and easy to understand course, it gave me the exact overview I was seeking

By Leonardo I

Sep 25, 2019

I have learned a lot from this course. The assignments are extremely useful. Thank you

By Prerna B

Jun 20, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and hope to advance my career with what I learnt in it.

By Kelly M

Really helped to define the process and varying levels of participation needed.

By Marta R R G

Jan 23, 2019

It gave me the fundamentals of fundraising, I found it very helpful

By Kathy

Sep 25, 2020

Very informative, I feel prepared to start a role in development!

By Mirza H B

Sep 07, 2020

A True Practical knowledge covering all aspects of Fundraising.