Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

MU

Feb 11, 2016

I always loved writing. What I didn't know, however, was that writing had some scientific structures that could make it very interesting. Take this course and know why. I took and was very successful.

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

51 - 75 of 671 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Ekaterina L

Feb 10, 2016

From my point of view, this course is not only useful but also helpful for many students. If you have some problems with your writing style, I highly recommend you "Getting Started with Essay Writing".

By Hamza Z

Jul 10, 2020

In academic essay writing it is one of the most comprehensive, briefly explained and detailed course. i would recommend to join everyone who is facing difficulty in the basics of essay writing.

Regards

By Libardo Q

Oct 17, 2017

I am really grateful with coursera for giving me the opportunity to study this online course. These courses are very helpful for people like me who are looking forward to growing professionally.

By Jose S K B

May 04, 2020

It is a very good course on Essay Writing. Since it started with the basics, it helped me a lot to start from level zero. It was extremely helpful to go ahead with the future course in Writing.

By William D G P

Feb 07, 2016

Is a very good course with an amazings explanations about wirting essays. Although you need to practice a lot to get good skills, in this course you get the concepts to learn how to write, etc.

By V S

Jul 07, 2020

I am very happy that I have completed the course. It was indeed priceless learning experience. I would like to thank all the instructors for their valuable inputs on different types of essays.

By Hina A

This was really helpful as English is not my first language and I have never had thought of any systemic way of writing essays but now I can write essays properly and much more confidently

By Hiba A

Jan 22, 2020

It was a great engouyable self online learning, for two essential reasons which are the additional tips and the flexibility of our study schedule. I will do my best to start a new track.

By Zannatuge j

Sep 05, 2020

This course is really helpful for me. I have learned about academic essay writing through this particular course. Thank you Common Wealth and Coursera for launching this amazing course.

By Cristina C G

May 02, 2020

Fantastic! Units are perfectly structured what enables a dynamic and practical learning of concepts! Really happy to have applied for this series of courses, which I am really enjoying!

By Abeywardena, H

Sep 07, 2020

This is a very useful and resourceful course for students who want to enhance their academic essay writing skills in English. I would like to thank the UCI for this great opportunity.

By MODALA V B

Jul 20, 2020

This course really helped me a lot , by doing this course i got full of ideas of the compare and contrast , Argumentative Essay in order to write essay. Thank you Coursera Team.

By Sultan k k

Feb 22, 2018

I really learned the academic writing with re-fresh of grammars in the first course. now, I'm study the academic writing in the college and I can go through the course comfortably.

By Mannat O

Aug 25, 2020

This course was really helpful, all the videos were really informative and the assignments were creative. I absolutely loved this course. They helped me improve my English a lot!

By New s

Nov 01, 2016

Very nice course, especially the reply from classmates. Here we met some classmates with the same problem as ourselves, and we can help and encourage each other. Helpful course

By Abdelkarim J

Apr 19, 2020

I always have a problem with writing in English, that course have helped me too much to evaluate my writing skill, I highly recommended to anyone have problems in his writing.

By allsops

Dec 15, 2015

Essay writing is made so easy with this 'no frills' course. I appreciate this course and have become a better and more confident at writing essays because of it. Thank you.

By Jakia A

Apr 23, 2020

This course is amazing.After doing this course I have learnt how to with an essay properly.It is very helpful specially to the beginner who want to learn how write an essay.

By Daniella C J S

Nov 17, 2019

I'm so grateful for this course. I had so much trouble writing essays and here I've learned techniques and the correct way to write in english. It was an amazing experience.

By Shahzad N

Best courses, i have learnt many details about essay writing.I want to thanks my respected teachers as well as coursera which provide the online course learning platform.

By Hugo E G L

Mar 20, 2016

Awesome course! It will teach you all that you need to know to begin writing essays. From compare/contrast to arguments essays in a simple and undestandable way.

Cheers!

By Mirza R I A

Jul 22, 2020

Though I am a student of English language , I didn't have confidence in Writing . Doing this course , Now i am well aware of the nitty gritty details of Essay writing

By Alejandra M T

Feb 04, 2020

This was a great course covering all the basics of essay writing. I found the tips to be very useful. Looking forward to taking the next course in the specialization.

By Syed J P

Feb 02, 2019

Very useful course to improve your skills in a very systematic and effective way.Strongly recommended for everyone who wants to improve their academic writing skills.

By Juan F P

Nov 23, 2015

It is a clear and simply course about how to write an essay. I did not know too much about writing before I take it, but now I feel confident to write a good essay.