Back to Getting Started with Essay Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting Started with Essay Writing by University of California, Irvine

Course 2: Getting Started with Essay Writing This is the second course in the Academic English: Writing specialization. By introducing you to three types of academic essays, this course will especially help prepare you for work in college classes, but anyone who wants to improve his or her writing skills can benefit from this course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - create effective thesis statements for your essays - plan and write compare/contrast, cause/effect, and argument essays - write well-developed body paragraphs Note: The lectures and practice activities are available for free, but you must upgrade to the pay version in order to take the quizzes and get feedback on writing assignments....

BD

Nov 17, 2015

Thank you for teaching me how to write basic essays. This has been one of my most important goals for years. I've tried several other ways of learning but your method worked for me. Thank you so much.

EB

Dec 05, 2015

I am only on the second week an have done my essay and feel very powerful. English is not my first language but the instructor made it easy for me by detailing every aspect of essay writing. Thank you

26 - 50 of 466 Reviews for Getting Started with Essay Writing

By Olesia A

Mar 01, 2016

The course provides essential knowledge on how to approach writing an essay. those who are involved in both academic and professional activities can benefit from it. The profesor is concise. The course is practice-oriented, so be prepared to mastering your writing skills.

By Nathan B

Mar 30, 2018

An excellent choice for those who would like to learn the principle foundations of essay writing. The Peer Review process is open to abuse, but don't let it prevent you from learning and being who you are, education is about growing as a person, so grow, grow, grow!

By anjali G

Feb 26, 2019

I so wish to continue further. This course has helped me in my essay writing. Strangely, I have been in academia, but I have failed to understand the basics of essay writing until now. Thanks for having this course. It was extremely informative and helpful to me.

By noura_albudaiwi@yahoo.com

May 13, 2017

It is a great training course. My only suggestion that I wish you would add MLA and APA styles for writing references. I also wish to learn how to write a reference to a website. But overall, it was a wonderful experience.

Regards,

Noura Abdul Rahman Al-Bedaiwi

By sunil u

Sep 15, 2016

Writing part was an immense difficulty for me, before Coursera Getting Started With Essay. The way my submitted assignment evaluated, gave me a credible feed back to improve my short coming and learn quickly.

Thanks you very much.

By Andrés R C

Jun 03, 2019

Aprendí bastante en este curso sobre como escribir, los ensayos que hice fueron muy complejos para mi y la retroalimentación mía y de mis compañeros me ayudó a ver errores comunes. Tomense en serio el curso y aprenderán bastante.

By Mohamed I

Sep 03, 2017

I gained many uncountable benefit from this course, I learned different types of Essay writing , and got good confidence, I recommend every want who want to learn essay writing effective. I thank the lectures and coursera.

By Ekaterina L

Feb 10, 2016

From my point of view, this course is not only useful but also helpful for many students. If you have some problems with your writing style, I highly recommend you "Getting Started with Essay Writing".

By Libardo Q

Oct 17, 2017

I am really grateful with coursera for giving me the opportunity to study this online course. These courses are very helpful for people like me who are looking forward to growing professionally.

By William D G P

Feb 07, 2016

Is a very good course with an amazings explanations about wirting essays. Although you need to practice a lot to get good skills, in this course you get the concepts to learn how to write, etc.

By Hiba A

Jan 22, 2020

It was a great engouyable self online learning, for two essential reasons which are the additional tips and the flexibility of our study schedule. I will do my best to start a new track.

By Sultan k k

Feb 22, 2018

I really learned the academic writing with re-fresh of grammars in the first course. now, I'm study the academic writing in the college and I can go through the course comfortably.

By New s

Nov 01, 2016

Very nice course, especially the reply from classmates. Here we met some classmates with the same problem as ourselves, and we can help and encourage each other. Helpful course

By Abigail M J

Dec 15, 2015

Essay writing is made so easy with this 'no frills' course. I appreciate this course and have become a better and more confident at writing essays because of it. Thank you.

By Daniella C J S

Nov 17, 2019

I'm so grateful for this course. I had so much trouble writing essays and here I've learned techniques and the correct way to write in english. It was an amazing experience.

By Hugo E G L

Mar 20, 2016

Awesome course! It will teach you all that you need to know to begin writing essays. From compare/contrast to arguments essays in a simple and undestandable way.

Cheers!

By Alejandra M T

Feb 04, 2020

This was a great course covering all the basics of essay writing. I found the tips to be very useful. Looking forward to taking the next course in the specialization.

By Syed J P

Feb 02, 2019

Very useful course to improve your skills in a very systematic and effective way.Strongly recommended for everyone who wants to improve their academic writing skills.

By Juan F P

Nov 23, 2015

It is a clear and simply course about how to write an essay. I did not know too much about writing before I take it, but now I feel confident to write a good essay.

By Liu A

Nov 17, 2015

It is a very fabulous writing course, from which I learned different writing styles and the important writing elements that a professor looks for. Thank you, Irvine

By Neer

Nov 18, 2016

Best teaching approach and superb explanation of all the course material. Each and every week is so well designed that I learned a lot of things in flow.

Thank You.

By Faruk M

Jan 19, 2016

"Tamy Chapman" you are the best teacher ever I've seen before. Your teaching and your course are very understandable and simple. Thanks a lot for all this stuff.

By Wahed A

Jun 21, 2017

This course is an essential step for anyone who needs to start writing essays. Now, I have a great confedance to write about any subject. I highly recommend it.

By Edith G M

Feb 29, 2016

It was a tough course! I loved the way the teacher explained everything so clearly with good examples. My writing skills had improved tremendously!

Thank you!

By Kapil M

Nov 05, 2019

This course helped me start writing essays. Though it could be better if it had more practice prompts and some feedback given by the educator on our writing.