Back to Global Health: An Interdisciplinary Overview

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Health: An Interdisciplinary Overview by University of Geneva

This course proposes an overview of current global health challenges drawing on the insights of several academic disciplines including medicine, public health, law, economics, social sciences and humanities. This interdisciplinary approach will guide the student into seven critical topics in global health....

RA

Sep 07, 2018

This course is very challenging and prolific. It has really widen my knowledge in the Health sector and I hope to study an upgrade of it in future. Many thanks to all the course instructors.

JQ

Feb 08, 2018

Fun and Interesting Course! Learned a bunch of stuff I hadn't really known and put together in my mind prior to this course. Thanks to all of y'all who put this course together. Dr Quincy

1 - 25 of 90 Reviews for Global Health: An Interdisciplinary Overview

By Raphael A

Sep 07, 2018

By Elizabeth C

Feb 12, 2017

One of the best courses in the global health area on Coursera. The Experts from various disciplines brought in to share their expertise, valuable experiences and insights made this truly interesting and engaging in distance learning setting. Good course module guides for every chapter and interesting readings. I hope the University of Geneva can consider offering an extension to this. Big thank you to all the professors and experts!

By JOHN Q

Feb 08, 2018

By Vo T H M

Feb 18, 2020

As a student in global health. it was so helpful to gain an overall knowledge for global health, from many aspects from lead healthcare professionals all over the world.

By Alexandra B

Oct 02, 2017

A lot of work went into this course, which is reflected in the abundance of material and information presented. It was very interesting and educational. Thank you!

By Sabrina F

Feb 20, 2016

This course not only takes the time to explain the topics clearly and concisely they also take the time to explain the simple things like the roots of the words.

By Seyed-Moeen H

Oct 10, 2019

A very complete and solid review of basic global health concepts. The data need to be updated as most of them are for 2013 and MDGs. Overall a well made course.

By Cristhian C B

Apr 30, 2020

Thank you very much to the University of Geneva and to all the teachers who have strengthened some of my foundations and taught me many new things. Hugs

By Jaime M H

Aug 21, 2018

This a a very comprehensive and hollistic course. I would strongly reccomend it, in particular to people involved in the global health area.

By ALEJANDRO Y V

Mar 03, 2018

I would like to thank to all the teachers and professional who take part in this great course. Thank you very much! Kind regards from Spain

By Amy S

Feb 01, 2019

A very beneficial course for people seeking to gain knowledge in the field of Global Health or Healthcare in general

By Ahmad B

Jan 16, 2017

An exciting course with good overview on the field of Global Health. I enjoyed participating in the course!

By Andrea S S

Apr 24, 2019

I just loved this course. The topics were very accurately explained and every lecture was interesting.

By Elias V

Mar 19, 2020

My only complaint are the multiple answer quiz questions. They don't test any knowledge but your ability to second guess yourself. When i thought i knew the material, it took multiple attempts to complete the quizzes due to those questions.

By Elena P A

Jun 04, 2020

I would have liked to find references to the pandemia of Covid-19.

By Mwanaidi A

Jul 10, 2020

Thank you very much for conducting this important course on Global health.This has been 8weeks of learning which was worth doing setting the foundation of Global health.

The module coverage was very good and could follow and get the concept of global health.My suggestion would be if we can have a follow up course on this and if possible to have collaborations especially in research now that participants are from different countries so that we can get the practical aspect of what we learned.

OR

Having a small project at the end of the course as a prerequisites to finish the course.

Looking forward to do Masters in Global health/ Global health research.

I appreciate the coordination of this course.

Dr Mwanaidi Amiri MD,MMED Paediatrics and child health.

By Michael G

Jun 20, 2020

Very Good learning even for experienced health workers like myself. I gives me a good and change of mindset. though I may have had it but it was concretized, organized and confirms the need to have a better mindset.

Key approach to take home

1. The ecosystem approach to health and well being

2. Health as an input to development and an outcome of Development

3. Health in all Policies

4. One Health approach

trainings

Suggestions: The course/ materials should be reviewed annually or in 2 years.

Very satisfied, and will take more self development courses

Michael Gichangi

By michael t

Jun 29, 2020

I seriously had and still have no clue how these problems are really not addressed, to only imagine the amount of money spent on materialist things and the greed, from mankind is absolutely mind blowing. the Dr's and professors are so passionate about their work, it almost makes your small petty problems seam minuscule. Thank you to all teacher..

By Paolo P

Really good course, gave me new insight in areas I didn't even know were relevant to Health, I would highly recommend to anyone that is trying to understand, like me, what't going on right now.

Some of the topics were quite challenging to grasp and the quizzes are hard, which is a good way to review material, but nonetheless extremely insightful.

By Aimable N

Jun 14, 2020

I have appreciated the way lessons are prepared and given to us. it was a great opportunity to many of us especially myself. I have gained much regarding global health in developing countries as well as I come from one of them. So, I was privileged to get this course which is going to change more in my work as a health care provider.

By Sachin A N

Jul 23, 2020

It is my first experience learning outside India. I was thrilled to study at geneva university virtually though. I am thankful to coursera for giving me opportunity to learn and i am grateful and humbly acknowledge your gracious support.

I liked the course and surely look forward to learn more.

Best Regards,

Sachin Ashok Naik

By Erik L

Dec 01, 2018

This course has opened my eyes to the difficulties of all disciplines in achieving excellent levels of global health. It is a wonder how we have achieved so much, and if everybody participated in this course and understood the issues, we could achieve so much more.

By Chukwuemeka A

Jun 04, 2017

I found this a very informative course. It has indeed given me a better understanding of the scope of Global Health. I recommend this course to anyone who is interested curious about global Health as this sheds light on its various ramifications

By Dr.Sushmitha B A P I N D

Jun 07, 2020

It was an excellent course. I thoroughly enjoyed every lecture and its very useful for my teaching work. I really updated my knowledge in the field. Only that MDGs may be replaced with SDGs so minor revision is required in these topics.

By Marcarious M T

May 03, 2020

This course provided me with the opportunity to deepen my understanding of the key players in Global Health and as a junior MD student it has given me the urge to pursue further studies in Global Health and Public Health.