Back to Global Quality Maternal and Newborn Care

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Global Quality Maternal and Newborn Care by Yale University

This course is designed for administrators, advocates, policy makers, clinicians, and service users. It will give you the background, recommendations, and tools you need to address issues related to high quality maternal and newborn care in your own setting. In particular, you will learn about the evidence behind implementing the midwifery model of care as a means to advancing the health and wellbeing of mothers and babies globally. The modules in this course are structured around the Quality Maternal and Newborn Care Framework, first published in the landmark 2014 Lancet Series on Midwifery. You will learn from nearly 20 expert contributors as they discuss their research and personal experiences in low, middle, and high resource settings....

CP
Jun 2, 2021

I found this course stimulating and empowering and has renewed my passion for the mother and the importance of strengthening the family through respectful care. Thank you!

RV
Dec 6, 2020

Very useful course drawn from global filed experiences and realities. The course had good videos and simple messages to understand.

1 - 25 of 26 Reviews for Global Quality Maternal and Newborn Care

By LeTara D

May 14, 2021

This was a great comprehensive course that also gives you a tangible action plan and evidence to create systemic change.

By Neyraly G O

Mar 23, 2021

Good afternoon!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us it is a great course I enjoyed it .Thanks!

By Patricia R

Jan 5, 2021

While this course isn't perfect, it comes close. It explains clearly the importance of shifting from a patriarchal attitude toward women's health care (and by extension, women's bodies). It outlines the problems, needs, resources, and solutions. It offers answers, not just describes problems. It is heavy on lecture, but the lectures are good. It tends to forget that a large cohort of midwives work intelligently and effectively -- without a nursing credential. However, I would not expect anything different from an Ivy League nursing school. It is will worth the time.

By Gabriel C

Feb 3, 2021

This course is exceptional! One of the best I've done here at Coursera, and the best I've done at Yale. The biggest positive point is the fact that it contains references and current discussions, data from recent years, etc. Teachers, videos, readings, assessments and other resources are of great quality. I was really able to understand the importance and benefits of the QMNC Framework.

By Clara N

Jan 11, 2021

A wonderful course with inspiring speakers.

By Olalekan A

Apr 14, 2021

It is a delight to enrol and complete the course on Global Maternal and Newborn Care

I learn alot on the low support for independent recognisized midwifery professional services, I believe when there is universal acceptance of recogniized well trained and licensed midwives in adequeate number in each nation of the world as recommended by WHO,their services will be a major intervention to reduce global maternal and newborn deaths. I also recognise that this course is very appropiate for all healthcare professionals, the national governments policy holders, legistilative and executive arms of people in authorities of the welfare of our communities.

By Carrie J

Nov 15, 2020

This course was excellent in the information provided and formatting of the presentations. I absolutely enjoyed the learning this provided and am excited to begin placing some of the ideas into practice. It was a very encouraging presentation on a subject that seems so very daunting. Thank you for all the hard work and dedication to creating such a valuable presentation!

By Nicole F

Jan 3, 2021

This was an incredibly insightful and well-taught course. I was so appreciative to break way from fully Western standards, to learn from educators all over the world. This was a person-centred, inclusive, and culturally sensitive course that was thoroughly enjoyable and useful.

By Fritzie U

Dec 30, 2020

The course is very empowering. It gives you the basic concepts, framework and ways to lobby for change. Options on how large scale you may want to impact your community were also provided. Congratulations to the team!

By Jennah D

Mar 18, 2021

Very informative. It allowed me to explore the world of midwifery and gain perspectives from various advocates globally. Very significant if you would like to remain relevant in the world of midwifery.

By Catherine P

Jun 3, 2021

By Ramesh B V

Dec 7, 2020

By Simone G

Dec 7, 2020

This was an amazing course that I have gained a lot of knowledge from.

By Yuliya A S

Dec 28, 2020

Very detailed but has lots of resources and opportunity to learn.

By chidinma o

Jan 29, 2021

This course was very informative and the delivery was good

By Mina S

Dec 5, 2020

This course was so helpful and interesting, thank you

By Zarah K

Jan 29, 2021

It was a very nice course i learnt alot thank you

By Md. T H

Dec 2, 2020

I learnt global quality material and newborn care

By Elena L

Nov 19, 2020

Current, relevant to practice, powerful videos.

By Sonja D

Dec 14, 2020

Interesting and well done, thank you!

By Christy J L

Mar 26, 2021

fab course, highly recommend

By Masoude j

Apr 27, 2021

It was wonderful thank you

By salil

Aug 23, 2021

Excellent!

By Susan W

Dec 28, 2020

I enjoyed the course, I enjoy learning and as an RN midwifery was of great interest to me.

My frustration with the course: the transcript and the audio contained so many errors I nearly quit the course. Before releasing the course, it needs to be proof read. As a learner and former educator I found the number of errors unacceptable. I absolutely loved all the different speakers and especially liked the Global Media Series videos. Thank you for providing this interesting engaging course!

By Harpreet K

Dec 17, 2020

Well organized course. Repetitive a few times. Overall provided few new concepts about midwifery. Thanks.