Back to Grammar and Punctuation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Grammar and Punctuation by University of California, Irvine

Course 1: Grammar and Punctuation Do you need to review English grammar? Have you forgotten the grammar you once studied? If so, this course is perfect for you. The first course in this specialization is a refresher on some tools needed for good writing. It will help prepare you for the other courses. You will need about 10 hours to complete this first course. Writing is a skill and to learn a skill well, you need to practice. In this course, you will watch short video lectures and then practice and discuss what you have learned. Make sure you take good notes and use the peer discussions to ask questions. Then you'll be able to remember the rules you learn in this course when you start writing essays in the next course. After completing this course, you will be able to: - identify the correct verb tenses to use - use commas effectively - utilize several different sentence types - write more effectively in English Please note that the free version of this class gives you access to all of the instructional videos and handouts. The peer feedback and quizzes are only available in the paid version....

DV

Nov 12, 2015

I am very satisfied with this course. It really helped me to improve my writing skills, and I am feeling more confident than I used to be.\n\nAfter this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

AA

Jul 07, 2019

A very useful course, specially designed for those who either forgot the grammar or did not study English grammar properly in the journey of learning English. It is a path way to good writing skills.

1 - 25 of 2,275 Reviews for Grammar and Punctuation

By Kriti G

Dec 26, 2016

This is a very useful course even if you are very good in English . This course helps in understanding the type of sentences, proper usage of commas and perfect ways of writing attractive paragraphs.

By Ana C R A

Apr 26, 2016

The course is great, but I am very disappointed that after spend 3 hours watching the videos and practicing, I can only submit my answer if I upgrade. This should be said before I enrolled in this course.

By Simone P F

Jul 20, 2019

Excellent!!!!

By Katherine G

Apr 26, 2019

This course is absolutely amazing by all means. It has good and specific and accurate information regarding punctuation and grammar in English. The focus and the way the information is presented is excellent too. I have no negative comments for this course. Excellent! 5 stars.

By Akbar A

Jul 07, 2019

By Carolina T

Jun 22, 2016

You should tell people before they enroll that, to take the quizzes, they must pay. It was a waste of time...

By Valmy P

Nov 23, 2018

This Grammar and Punctuation course should be taken by anyone who is interested in professional writings.

By Shelli S

May 24, 2019

This course is a great little course. I loved the instructor, who I found to be articulate and engaging.

I found the guidance on sentence structure and parallel sentences, constructive and beneficial. So, thanks!

By Sa'adat D

Jul 18, 2019

The course is really great and helpful. I really appreciate everything the professors learnt.

By ZHANG B

Jul 17, 2019

fine

By subrat k d

Jul 17, 2019

i like this course

By Abdul M K

Oct 07, 2016

This course had an outstanding syllabus and i have learned a lot about punctuation rules and regulations in English Language; which will excel my capabilities for my future endeavors and study plan.

By sadullah ç

Jul 26, 2019

i'm so happy that i finished my first course in the site

special thanks.

By Nikesh D

Jul 27, 2019

this course has helped me a lot before joined this course I didn't know how to use comma but after this course, I can understand how to use conjugation.

By Dragana V

Nov 12, 2015

After this course, I am planning to take up the next one.

By Justine W

Dec 10, 2018

Very thorough - I recommend you watch the videos a coupleof times each, and write notes as you go along to make sure you absorb the rules. I'm more confident about grammar now.

By Rudolf S R W

Dec 10, 2018

Muy agradecido. Aprendí un montón. Thanks a lot. I've learned a lot.

By Bareq J

Dec 12, 2018

useful.

By Deyanira L

Nov 26, 2018

It is excellent and very clear.

By Marina N

Dec 12, 2018

It was more than amazing and beyond my expectations. This is the first time learning on Coursera and it won't be the last time..

By Syed J P

Nov 30, 2018

This course is really helpful to me in writing research papers. I really like the of explanation of topics in in this course from UCI as they are short videos, but very informative.I personally feel it is the one of the best way of teaching. Thank you very much for giving this opportunity.Keep going and continue good work.

By Muqdad A y

Dec 01, 2018

Many thanks to you all.

By Seth H

Nov 30, 2018

This course is awesome for aspiring writers everywhere. It clearly explains sentence structure and punctuation and it also lets you review your peers' work.

By Fred S

Dec 03, 2018

Excelente curso, supremamente explicativo

By MARIA C G R

Dec 20, 2018

This course really helped me a lot¡ It was very practical and easy to understand¡ Thank you very munch¡