Back to Guitar Chord Voicings: Playing Up The Neck

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Guitar Chord Voicings: Playing Up The Neck by Berklee College of Music

Whether you’re just picking up the guitar for the first time or you’ve been playing the guitar for years and want to take your playing to the next level, Guitar Chords 101 will help you develop a deeper knowledge and understanding of chords. Guitar Chords 101 presents Berklee’s approach to constructing chords, a method that focuses less on the shape of an individual chord, and more on the notes that the chord is based around. You will learn to construct and play triads, basic 7th chords, inversions, and different chord voicings—the basic foundations guitarists use to write or perform in any number of different styles. You will gain more freedom and a greater feel for your instrument by learning how to visualize chord structures anywhere on the neck of the guitar. By the end of the course you will be able to add more dynamics and expression to your playing and gain an extensive chord vocabulary, which will prove invaluable in pursuing any style of music. By the end of this course, you will be able to: - Look at a lead sheet and play chord voicings - Construct triads, 7th chords, and inversions - Play and know the voicings of various chord qualities such as a major triad, minor triad, dominant 7, and gospel chords - Play triads over bass notes...

AM

Aug 15, 2020

I recommend this course is a must for guitar learners. It improves the your chord's knowledge over the neck and helps you better guitar playing.

TB

Jun 17, 2020

A fine opportunity to slow down and pay attention to important details in guitar technique. Great material, excellently presented.

1 - 7 of 7 Reviews for Guitar Chord Voicings: Playing Up The Neck

By DL

Aug 29, 2020

I really enjoyed this class, I did not think I was going to get through it. But kept plugging away. I liked the way Rick explained the 1,3,5,7. using the cards. For me it was a very difficult for that to sink in and I don't think I would have grasped it without the cards. Rick thank you, you made this course really fun. I am just a beginner so I have a long ways to go. But I especially like the gospel triads. If I can do it anyone can. Thanks

By Ashwin D M

Aug 15, 2020

By Tanyawat V

Jun 29, 2020

Learned a lot about different types of chords and the notes on your fretboard. Recommended for anyone wanting to expand their chord knowledge

By Thomas B

Jun 17, 2020

By Juan A O C

Aug 08, 2020

Es un curso muy explicativo, aprendí cosas nuevas como el tema de los acordes Drop 2 y la escala Gospel.

By Xenophon K

Jul 10, 2020

Excellent course. Good theoretical base and sensible practical application.

By Bryan B

Sep 21, 2020

This course is outstanding. I gave it only four stars because I couldn't figure out how to download the backing tracks. I don't know if it's a copyright issue or what, but I could record a much better quality product on my final assignments if you would let me download the backing tracks. If this is already an option, then you need to explicitly explain how to do so.