Back to Foundations of Health Equity Research

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Foundations of Health Equity Research by Johns Hopkins University

Introduces students to the core principles of health equity research. Covers topics such as defining health equity, engaging community and policy stakeholders, patient-centeredness, cultural competence, and dissemination of research findings. Content will recognize different geographic, cultural, and social contexts where health inequities occur....

HL
Jun 19, 2020

My current roles have taken me away from community health care and this course has helped me keep stay current with Health Care Equity Research and program development. Thank you for this course.

SA
Aug 5, 2020

I feel this course gave me a core understanding of the structure needed to compose constructive health equity research. Thank you to all parties involved!

1 - 13 of 13 Reviews for Foundations of Health Equity Research

By Michael B

Aug 25, 2020

I found this course very useful in terms of expanding my knowledge base of health equity and its relationship with research. Covid and other natural disasters (Hurricane Katrina) have shown us that have shown us that 15 years has done little to disparage any of the inequities that exist at all levels of almost every large institution the US, the healthcare system being just one. I now have an idea of the many inequities in healthcare and healthcare minorities face and faced and why minorities can be very apprehensive when medical research is involved. As a public health professional having my base knowledge put into context and with some perspective added can be invaluable. Take the course, You'll be a better scientist or student. Five Stars.

By Kamya R

Apr 18, 2020

This course was a great foundation. I do some health equity research, but I found that the videos and readings were helpful to deepen my understanding of health equity overall. There were also many programmatic methods shared that I will be utilizing to implement future projects. Thank You!

By Poliane m a

Sep 24, 2020

Até o momento desconhecia o que poderia ser equidade em saúde públicas, a fundação mostra o rico quadro de cientístas de diferentes disciplinas, métodos e intervenções para tentar promover a igualdade na saúde e para o grupo em risco social.

By Shakira N

Great information that went beyond just discussing equity and equality. Some great suggestions on how to be a better researcher, engaging community members and stakeholders. Overall I enjoyed the class.

By Hope L

Jun 20, 2020

By Sarah L A

Aug 6, 2020

By Angeli A S R

Jul 22, 2020

Thank you. I learned more about health equity & it's a great help to our research.

By Shakia J

Apr 28, 2020

Very informative and easy to follow

By Robert B S M

Jan 27, 2020

Outstanding course. Thanks.

By Jose A

Oct 5, 2020

The course is great! Community engagement professionals and volunteers will learn a couple of things about the impact of their engagement methods from a rigorous point of view. I would like to see more updated information that extends beyond medicine practitioners though, there has been a lot on this in the last 3 years.

By Ishita C

Sep 6, 2020

Except for the contents Week 4, all the lectures were very informative and thought-provoking. Week 4 was barely audible and too much mumbling going on.

By jeremiah w