Back to Health for All Through Primary Health Care

Health for All Through Primary Health Care, Johns Hopkins University

About this Course

This course explores why primary health care is central for achieving Health for All. It provides examples of how primary health care has been instrumental in approaching this goal in selected populations and how the principles of primary health care can guide future policies and actions. Two of the most inspiring, least understood, and most often derided terms in global health discourse are “Health for All” and “Primary Health Care.” In this course, we will explore these terms in the context of global health, their origins and meanings, the principles upon which they rest, and examples of how these principles have been implemented at both small and large scale. We will also explore some ultra-low-cost approaches to Health for All through primary health care, and the promise that primary health care holds for eventually achieving Health for All. Each module of this course consists of approximately one hour or lecture, approximately one hour of additional readings or video presentations, and two additional hours devoted to studying for each of the quizzes, writing and evaluating two short peer-review assignments, and participating in the discussion forums. Developed in collaboration with Johns Hopkins Open Education Lab....

By HH

Mar 19, 2017

superb it was a nice experience of the coursera express journey where i went back long history of PHC and how we forwarded and what challenges are ready to face for the public health

By MF

Mar 26, 2017

Very useful insight into the history of Primary Health Care and the projects around the world that make a real difference to people's lives.

29 Reviews

By Veronica Williams

May 21, 2018

This course was very informative and challenging. I am so glad it took it. It helped me get a better perspective in my job.

By Jonathan Golland

Feb 21, 2018

this course was vague and boring

By Prudence Chitekwe

Feb 20, 2018

I initially found this course quiet challenging. However, I decide to not give up and all I can say is it was worth it! It was a pleasure seeing the advancements in primary health care through history.

By Alina Abdullova

Jan 29, 2018

Хороший курс. Можно было бы разбить лекции на более короткие для лучшего восприятия

By Alexandre Bili

Nov 07, 2017

very interesting topics, really enjoying it.

thanks for the team.

By Luis Trías

Oct 14, 2017

I learned a lot of history throughout the course and I really enjoyed it. There is a lot of interesting material that definitely helps the students understand the course very well. I can say I really learned a lot.

By diksha

Jun 23, 2017

Its a perfect course for taking a step in public health.

By Aakriti Chhetri

Apr 24, 2017

I learned new concepts and about the efforts of so many organisations towards Health For All. It definitely increased my interest in Public Health studies even more.

By Doreen Ofosu

Apr 19, 2017

Highly informative course. The right course for public health disciplines!

By Mark Stewart Funnell