Back to Human Resources Management Capstone: HR for People Managers

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Human Resources Management Capstone: HR for People Managers by University of Minnesota

This specialization provides a robust introduction to the key principles, policies, and practices of human resource management, with a focus on understanding managerial choices and constraints, acquiring and onboarding talent, managing employee performance, and rewarding employees. The capstone project provides learners with the opportunity to apply these key principles and practices to a real-world workplace (including a learner's own workplace if desired). Specifically, the capstone project will involve identifying the key human resources challenges for a workplace--including the most pressing motivational, selection, performance evaluation, and reward issues. And for each of these areas, learners will devise a multi-step action plan for addressing the challenges identified....

EM

May 23, 2017

I have just finished the specialization and I am waiting for my grade for the Capstone Project. I would like to thank you for the valuable knowledge you offer. It was a fascinating journey!!

MS

Mar 16, 2018

Definitely more work load than previous but love how they review everything in this course .glad I’m finished all courses and earning my certificate !!! Definitely worth it at price.

1 - 25 of 84 Reviews for Human Resources Management Capstone: HR for People Managers

By Gillian G

Jan 10, 2017

I was quite disappointed in the capstone; I have not found the quality of the questions to be very high, and more than once there has been a disconnect between the question asked and how the reviewer is asked to grade it. I understand there are some limitations in working with such a large and diverse group of students, but peer-reviewing is not productive or particularly helpful, and I expected more interaction with the professors for a capstone (especially one that comes at a cost).

By Cassandra G

Sep 26, 2017

No one really gave me any helpful feedback, though I labored several hours to help make sure other participants had thoughtful feedback on their submissions.

In any case, it was a helpful exercise in seeing other participants' viewpoints and to review my own work before submitting it for implementation in my company.

Thanks to the professors!!

By Ben C

Nov 29, 2017

This course is a bit redundant. There is no new information, and most students do not provide any real feedback of your work.

By Malende S

Mar 16, 2018

By Lynn L

Jan 08, 2020

Awesome overview of the HR practices! I'd recommend for HR employees as well as for anyone who leads others. The course was well organized and the instructors were great, too!

By Rebekah N

Nov 26, 2018

This capstone course summarized the most important ideas from the previous four classes. The peer-graded assignments are crucial in this class. I found the weekly drafts of our final assignment to be very helpful in finding and fixing errors, and further developing ideas in preparation of the final submission. This course contained a lot of review, but also went into more detail in some areas which was incredibly useful. I highly recommend this program!

By Abd-Elmonam M E H

Jan 20, 2019

I am very happy to finish the first set of courses from this distinguished site and have given me a lot of information and discussions

I thank all the lecturers in these courses

Thanks for the effort

By ELENI M

May 23, 2017

By Danilo V

Oct 14, 2018

thank you, this capstone gives to me a view on different work realities, and I compared with other how to do ways. I learned to be more practical. Thank you

By Wrennecia T

Oct 26, 2018

Very educational and informative course which works in collaboration with the others. Great professor as well who made it easy to understand.

By Kimberly S

Jun 23, 2017

I learned about all of the pertinent aspects of HR for a manager. The information was detailed and I was able to work at my own p

By Kimberly M

Oct 25, 2016

Amazing Experience! Thank you! All come together for me in the end!! Great course line-up! I have recommended it to a few people who found out what I was doing! For a single mom of 2 - a house - 4 animals, a full time job, a Board Member and a student! This was easy to fit in a able to use mobile app made it doing for me this past year.

Thank you!!

Kim

By Saber M K A

Jan 03, 2020

I learned a lot of skills and experience in this specialization about Human Resource Management, it is a wonderful and special specialty. I advise those interested in Human Resources Management to register in this specialization because it will help them a lot in their professional lives. Special thanks to the University of Minnesota and dear teachers.

By Elekwachi P A

Jan 31, 2017

This was an amazing Course! it was really difficult choosing the best teacher, because each had their unique way of seamlessly imparting knowledge. i learned a lot from this course and a few life lessons too. i have become a better HR person from this course.

By MAURICIO C T

Apr 30, 2019

Perfect! The content fo the course is completely full of rich information. This is a great opportunity to be up to date and become a complete professional.

Congratulations for the course, and Thank you so much for this great opportunity!

By LEN M F

Aug 15, 2020

Excellent course which helps you to practically implement all that you learnt in the preceding courses. I thoroughly enjoyed this learning experience and I highly recommend budding HR professionals to take up this course

By Andrea P

Nov 27, 2018

This specialization is full of usable knowledge that I highly recommend to both new and seasoned HR and Management Professionals. Thank you for your instruction it has really given me new tools and lots of great tips.

By Elena L

Jan 21, 2020

Unlike the previous 4 courses of the specializtion this one is practical assignments based only (no tests, no quizes). Recap of the overall theory and videos given at previous courses. Challenging and rewarding!

By Asad M

Mar 18, 2020

I enjoyed the course very much. I have learn a lot of new things. Above all it was very interesting course for me

By Gabriela T

Oct 24, 2016

the most amazing course ever! Great for anyone interested in learning HR theory and practice through projects ;)

By Chibuike N

Jan 30, 2017

Everyone is advised to enroll. You won't regret taking up this course. Good luck in advance!

By Jamila E

Aug 17, 2020

Is great course and best information provided I would recommend very much this courses. The only complaint i may have is about the peer evaluation. sometimes is not really the best way because there is People that may not give the correct qualification to the presented work, not being objective. I by previous peers evaluation got all the points for the written jobs, but in the week 6 from the capstone project, which is the last one, a peer qualified my work in the following way, in the comments of each part wrote "good" but in the punctuation of every part in about 3 or 4 parts he gave me incorrect grades which brought down my score and i worked very hard to make all the points mentioned in my work (which they are) and took several points out of my score.

By Nekita S

Sep 21, 2020

Thanks to all the professors and assistants. It has been a privilege to learn from you. I learned a lot about Human Resource Management and I've decided to use these skills to embark on a new career in this field. Covid has changed the lives of billions of people around the globe me included. After losing my job due to Covid I wondered what to do. Thanks to U of M & Coursera, I now have a skill set that can take me far if I'm willing to put in the work.

By JADAB K P

Mar 04, 2017

Outstanding course for HR managers. I learn lots of new things in this specialization. On-boarding, Civility etc and their impact on the organization will help to recruit, evaluate, reward and manage people. New techniques learn from this course will help me to improve performance of my organization. Hope you too..

By Sharawe E A A

Jun 14, 2020

It is an excellent course. I really enjoyed the course. it's over my expectation. from this course I receive information on how to recruite, coduct performance appraisal for employee, employee ompensation and other issues.