Back to Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios by Duke University

This is an introductory course for students with limited background in chemistry; basic concepts involved in chemical reactions, stoichiometry, the periodic table, periodic trends, nomenclature, and chemical problem solving will be emphasized with the goal of preparing students for further study in chemistry as needed for many science, health, and policy professions....

DP

Feb 06, 2018

Great Beginner Course. There are some parts where there will be frustration, but the forums are helpful. Any type of class involving math and science involves practice and work. Professor is great!

JS

Jul 02, 2019

Excellent introduction. Engaging lectures, clear demonstrations and approachable problem sets. I love that everything for this course works from my phone. THANK YOU FOR OFFERING THIS COURSE!!!!!

51 - 75 of 80 Reviews for Introduction to Chemistry: Reactions and Ratios

By Johan L

Jan 28, 2017

I only wish there was more.

By Francisco J

Jan 22, 2019

muy bueno y bien explicado

By Sarah J

Jan 03, 2017

Very clear and accessible!

By Kopparthy S S

Jun 04, 2017

Great!

By Deborah Z

Sep 22, 2019

This course was a very good review of the material from general chemistry that it covered. The professor was clear and easy to follow. My only complaint is that the advanced problem sets contain calculations that were not explained in the course and then there was no feedback when you got the questions wrong. It was very difficult to find material that explained how to do the problems. They should take more time because they are more challenging, not because you have to search the internet for how to do the problem.

By Josh F

Nov 17, 2019

On the whole this course was worth my time. I had never taken a chemistry class and I was looking for a course to prepare me for other science courses that required a background in basic chemistry. I found the course very easy and quick. All concepts were well explained, except those in week 6, where a plethora of new and basically unexplained notation (Lewis Dot models, chemical structure diagrams) made the lectures harder to follow. I expect that I will learn more about that notation in the second course.

By Rohan H

Aug 10, 2018

Quality course. Very basic in material but fabulous to understand nomenclature and other technical necessities. I used it to prepare for a honors chemistry course I am taking in my sophomore year of high school. It, in my opinion, is perfect for that use.

By Crystal Q T Z

Dec 29, 2017

Clear explanations and an excellent course for beginners. Very slow to begin, but informative and thorough.

By Michael B

Feb 18, 2017

There were some errors in the video playback, one entire lesson near the end seemed like it was skipped.

By Sarah S

Nov 12, 2019

I wish more time was spent going over the mathematical equations and more examples were given.

By Maryjane U

Oct 21, 2016

Some quiz answers were marked wrong when they were correct

By M L

Feb 09, 2018

It's a very good course and

clear teaching!