Back to Journey Conversations: Weaving Knowledge and Action

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Journey Conversations: Weaving Knowledge and Action by Yale University

Journey of the Universe weaves together the discoveries of the evolutionary sciences together with humanities such as history, philosophy, art, and religion. This course draws on the Journey of the Universe Conversations, a series of 20 interviews with scientists and environmentalists. The first 10 interviews are with scientists and historians who deepen our understanding of the evolutionary process of universe, Earth, and humans. The second 10 interviews are with environmentalists, teachers, and artists who explore the connections between the universe story and the practices for a flourishing Earth community....

VB

Jan 28, 2018

I loved this course. I see my place in the world in an entirely new way. Each one of us has a "great work" that we can contribute to our ever evolving and expanding universe.

MW

Jan 04, 2017

A wonderful course providing deep insights into deep time and history. Well constructed lessons presented in a format that encourages participation and learning.

1 - 21 of 21 Reviews for Journey Conversations: Weaving Knowledge and Action

By Jafed E

Jul 06, 2019

By Fogan A

Jan 19, 2019

These courses help me understand more bout life and he universe. Thanks guys!

By Kathleen D

Dec 14, 2018

Excellent ! So accessible and student friendly. Profound in its offering, simple in its presentation. KD

By mansi g

Jul 02, 2018

superb n rasy

By Valarie B

Jan 28, 2018

By ROBIN L B

Nov 10, 2017

This course has inspired me to continue my learning of evolution.

By Emma

Nov 05, 2017

Very informative course . Thanks

Sep 18, 2017

Excellent. A Course I could recomment to everyone.

By Tun L A

Sep 04, 2017

Conversations in this course give many valuable knowledge to me, especially, poets, musics, teaching and ethics. Many resources giving in the each part of this course make me to a new vision of our community,and environment. Thank millions

By Kevin K

Aug 14, 2017

It is not so academic as I thought. Thomas Berry is an extraordinary scholar undoubtedly, but the lectures put too much personal affection onto Thomas Berry, which makes me uncomfortable.

By Julian P P

Jul 07, 2017

Early weeks a little repetitive but I enjoyed the interviews

By Patricia W

Jun 11, 2017

This is a very interesting and enlightening course. It has helped me see the world and the universe in an entirely different way. Thank you very much!

By Colleen S

Jun 08, 2017

I enjoyed this so much I am thinking of taking it again.

By Juliet B

Jun 05, 2017

A great way to learn about journey of the universe and its applications in the world e.g. ecological economics, permaculture, sustainable energy, ecocities, arts, education, and so on. Rather than passively watching videos the questions motivate a more active listening. I highly recommend doing this course!

By Aza O

Apr 03, 2017

Amazing! Hope-Full! and Life Affirming! The New Universe Story is a collective call to action to learn about our deep cosmic past and our interconnected and interdependent role in the web of life. We are being asked to rise to the occasion of this new knowledge and use it to guide our ways as a species. I am humbled and uplifted to join this movement and share its gems to help make the world a better a place!

By Cornelia S L

Feb 04, 2017

Excellent interviews with people who are integrating the universe story in their works in a very creative way.

By TINGTING G

Feb 01, 2017

very good

By Mark W

Jan 04, 2017

By Mark P

Jan 03, 2017

I am so pleased Coursera offers this. Journey of the Universe has been an incredible learning experience!

By Jana N

Jan 02, 2017

The interviews in this course with a wide range of experts were inspiring as well as grounding. They achieved exactly what I was looking for: fresh ideas about how the new universe story guides people professionally and personally into new levels of participation in learning to be present to the planet in a mutually enhancing manner.

By Brian T

Jan 01, 2017

This course is filled with interesting interviews, thoughtful websites and papers all designed to help advance your understanding of