Back to Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life by Yale University

Journey of the Universe weaves together the discoveries of the evolutionary sciences together with humanities such as history, philosophy, art, and religion. The course draws on the Emmy-award winning film, Journey of the Universe, and the book from Yale University Press. Journey explores cosmic evolution as a creative process based on connection, interdependence, and emergence. It examines a range of dynamic interactions in the unfolding of galaxies, Earth, life, and human communities. It investigates ways in which we understand evolutionary processes and the implications for humans and our ecological future. The Journey course, thus, is based on a new integration that is emerging from the dialogue of the sciences and humanities. Journey tells the story of evolution as an epic narrative, rather than as a series of facts separated by scientific disciplines. This changes our perception so that we begin to see ourselves as an integral part of this narrative. By situating ourselves within this story we can better appreciate the complexity and beauty of processes such as self-organizing dynamics, natural selection, emergence, symbiosis, and co-evolution. As we discover these intricate processes of evolution, we awaken to the beauty and complexity of our natural environment at this critical juncture in our planetary history....

DH

Oct 21, 2018

I love everything about this. Plan to go back sometime later and explore more of the websites and links that are referenced. I especially enjoy material from the American Museum of Natural History.

CS

Jan 15, 2017

This course is a must. There is just no other course that can nurture your spiritual yearnings within the framework of science. Take it. It's a wonderful course.

26 - 50 of 60 Reviews for Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life

By Charlotte L

Nov 06, 2016

Really help me a lot, thanks for all of the tireless efforts of the people for our life, the earth, the universe.

By Kousay a

Oct 28, 2016

A profound intellectual journey. Take this course and immerse yourself in the beautiful nature of our universe.

By 孙婉璨

Aug 04, 2017

It is amazing to walk through this journey, having a wider perspective of the universe and my role in it.

By Susan F

May 23, 2019

Fantastic content and well structured for the busy working person to fit into their schedules!

By Alex t B

Oct 11, 2016

Great course. Especially liked the 3 part video in week 6. Looking forward to the next one.

By Lilian D T

Jan 18, 2017

just wonderfull and easy to learn and let us start to see the world in other point of view

By Charles S

Nov 29, 2017

This is a most fascinating course. I enjoyed it very much and feel that I learned so much.

By Christine T

Dec 09, 2016

I found this a great introduction to the cosmology and look forward to the other courses.

By Srinivasan R

Apr 08, 2018

Truly a delight to be participate in this course! Three cheers to Yale!

By Patty K

Jul 29, 2019

Very interesting and compelling. The story the world needs to know!

By Dimas D T S C

Dec 29, 2016

really precise , easy to learn i full recomend

By yan l

Feb 01, 2019

The film is amazing, everyone should watch it.

By Daggupati L

Mar 28, 2017

easy to learn philosopical things of universe

By Zach V S

Sep 26, 2016

This is one of my all-time favorite courses.

By Jessica A

Jul 24, 2017

Excellent course! I had a lot of fun!

By Julian P P

Jan 28, 2017

Terrific, I've really enjoyed it!

By Anil K