Back to Leadership and Influence

Leadership and Influence, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

About this Course

The only thing you get to change is yourself, and in the prerequisites to this course we’ve given you real tools to do that. Now, use those tools to influence the course of your future, your team's future, and your organization's future. Make a plan for yourself that will help you help others, and learn skills to make it happen. Listening and being sure of your values underpins everything that comes with professional influencer and leadership soft skills. We’ll go on to look at self-assessment and leadership planning, negotiation, addressing and resolving conflict, and successfully identifying and promoting circumstances you want. After this course, you will be able to: - state your own mission and plan with confidence - negotiate and persuade - deal with difficult people - contribute to crafting a working environment you want to work in The prerequisites for this course are Courses One and Two of the Specialization "Professional IQ: Preventing and Solving Problems at Work"....

4 Reviews

By Walter J Salek

Nov 18, 2018

The course has great leadership content and a wealth of experience is shared for the students. I also appreciated the case studies and analysis of real-life scenarios. This course is part of a subscription and I completed all of the work, but did not receive a certificate because too few students were enrolled. This flaw in the grading scheme drove the 2 star rating.

By Abha Tiwari

Jul 04, 2018

All topics have been elaborated and discussed perfectly. Initially I was scared that how I would be able to manage time but once I joined I never felt that way. A four week course with lots of personality enhancing ideas at workplace will make you feel like fun while studying. Dr.C. K. Gunsalus is one the best speaker In the world. And she has put her best in all lectures available. Whatever she has explained in this course about leadership, anyone can see and feel it into his/her day to day life.

By Lisa Bell

Dec 11, 2017

Love it!

By Phan Cong Dat

Aug 08, 2017

I learnt something new from this course!