Back to How to Make a Comic Book (Project-Centered Course)

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How to Make a Comic Book (Project-Centered Course) by High Tech High Graduate School of Education

What you’ll achieve: In this project-centered course*, you will create an original four page minicomic designed around a short story of your choosing. What you’ll need to get started: This project-centered course is designed for all-age learners (high school age and above, at least 13 years of age) who are interested in learning how to make a comic book, but have never completed one before. While comic books can be created with any kinds of materials, we recommend that learners have the following materials available to complete the project: at least one ream of 8.5x11 copy paper, #2 pencils and eraser, Sharpie-type fine point pens, ruler with inch measurements, and adjustable binding stapler. Learners should also have access to a printer and scanner (to facilitate digitizing work to be shared with peers on Coursera). *About Project-Centered Courses: Project-Centered Courses are designed to help you complete a personally meaningful real-world project, with your instructor and a community of learners with similar goals providing guidance and suggestions along the way. By actively applying new concepts as you learn, you’ll master the course content more efficiently; you’ll also get a head start on using the skills you gain to make positive changes in your life and career. When you complete the course, you’ll have a finished project that you’ll be proud to use and share....

RV
Mar 28, 2016

I loved this course! I already had two characters that I had created. This course forced me to actually think about how I am going to implement my characters into their world.

JO
Sep 7, 2016

Great introduction to what comics are all about.\n\nCould be even greater if the famous artists that were interviewed actually demonstrated how they went about their work.

51 - 61 of 61 Reviews for How to Make a Comic Book (Project-Centered Course)

By Kathrin J

This course really helped me going through the process of creating an own Comic Book. The interviews and hints of Comic Book Artists were helpful and great. The feedback of the other participants was also helpful. Sometimes I didn´t get the process of the coursera background work and some links didn´t work. If you just need guidance to bring your ideas to paper, I think it´s a great course.

By Tarik G

May 22, 2017

It's a really fun course. For beginners it might require to have few more courses on sketching and story telling to go along with this course. In general this helps to shape the thinking process which not only applies to creating comics but other areas also.

By Anna T

Oct 24, 2016

The end section for assembling the comic feels a bit outdated. And I would have liked an option for learning or practicing with choosing layouts for the comic.

By Chintan A

Aug 15, 2016

Very good course. Maybe a few pointers on actual drawing would be helpful, especially for people like me who really have a handicap, or at least

By Nikhil C

Feb 23, 2018

This is amazing. I cant believe I made a comic book. Thank you all. You guys are amazing. Would love to work with you.

By Jennifer S

May 22, 2017

Enjoyable program. I finished this course. Not sure why it is showing on Coursera that I can take it up next session.

By Victor C

Nov 1, 2016

I would like a little explanation about coloring

By Latif U

Aug 28, 2020

it was a nice basic start

By Muhamadiya T

Jul 11, 2020

It was amazing

By Doris P L J

May 8, 2018

Learned a lot from course, and other students. Courses like this prove the merit of project-centered goals. Hoped instructors would work further with coursera.

By Matheus H

Nov 15, 2020

I don't like the system where the teachers dont take part in the corrections