Back to Digital Media and Marketing Principles

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Digital Media and Marketing Principles by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

4.3

The digital revolution has led to a titanic shift in the landscape of the marketing communication, while also creating new opportunities for businesses to reach and engage consumers through smart, social, and mobile media technologies. In this course, you will learn about the impacts of digital technologies on marketing communication strategies and practices. By understanding the underlying processes of marketing communication and the core features of new media technologies, you can strategically select the appropriate channels to deliver the right marketing message to the right audience at the right moment....

SK

Sep 02, 2019

The course gives a introductory insight into the digital marketing. It'll enable the students of this course to introduce themselves to world of digital marketing. Thanks for this amazing course.

LM

Aug 30, 2015

Very good, informative and useful. My only wish is that the presenter was a bit more natural, rather than appearing to read the text off the screen all the time. But that is just a minor comment

426 - 450 of 469 Reviews for Digital Media and Marketing Principles

By Seif E T A

Feb 25, 2018

More interaction and better presentation from the instructor and more case studies are needed, I would have read the book by myself and didn't bother to spend any money on this course

By Adarsh T

Apr 30, 2020

The course is very basic. Week 4 is explained well. However first 2 weeks is just a long drawn thing about what communication is. Btter courses can be found elsewhere

By Jay J

Nov 03, 2016

This class is more of a Marketing 101 class than a digital marketing class. Interesting, and probably a great class for someone looking for the basics of marketing.

By Avril F M

Feb 21, 2016

This course is not as good as the ones that are part of the Digital Marketing specialization. It was hard to keep traction and interest to finish it.

By Hana H

Mar 18, 2018

Professor reads off a screen, its quite obvious and distracting as opposed to other professors that teach this class as a form of a discussion.

By Rhiannon C

Feb 08, 2016

This was my least favorite of the course. The questions were out of order, the videos and lectures were terrible and dry

By JaiPal Y

Dec 11, 2017

Long theory bases course, Need to me more practical base, did not expected this form Illinois university

By Volha B

Feb 06, 2020

Not a lot of usefull information. Too academic language. The manner of speaking is hard to understand.

By Ankit K

Mar 27, 2017

Too much theoretical.This course should not be a separate course.It can be a part of other course.

By renu m

Aug 08, 2017

Very very basic and theoretical. Lectures were bookish and uninspiring.

By Marcell N

Aug 20, 2020

The course was very superficial. I wished it gave deeper insights.

By Victor C

Dec 01, 2016

I did not like the teacher but I did like the course material.

By Dinh T K H

Sep 19, 2016

Not very much information and lesson to learn deep

By Sammy L

Jan 06, 2017

was boring. nothing interesting here.

By Shivam T

Jan 11, 2019

It lacks practical knowledge

By Oana D

Aug 10, 2016

Very light in useful content

By Domenico M

Apr 15, 2016

waste of time.

By Sarah M

Sep 06, 2016

all video lectures feel like they are just read from a paper and it takes a lot of effort to follow and engage. It is the 4th course I'm taking to get ma digital marketing specialisation and is far off the poorest. The slides don't make much sense and a lot of times I have to research stuff again on other websites to actually get the point. The quiz questions are sometimes not related to the topic. It seems like, the professor does not know enough about the subject to speak freely and engaging about the topics. I'm quite disappointed about this course and can not recommend it. I think the course should be worked over. A great example of how to do it right is Aric Rindfleischs lecture, which was engaging, challenging and very well structured

By Karan A

Oct 02, 2016

The instructor is very bad. She made the lectures so boring with her lack of preparation that I switched to just reading the transcript. The assignments were lacking in case studies and were very textbooky. I could have skipped this course and simply read from the E-book. Tried to get a refund but its too late so I will have to force through this one and the next. I hope it doesn't adversely affected my grades as I have scored above 96% in the previous 3 courses in this specialisation. Very disappointed and frustrated. I came to Coursera to avoid teachers and teaching styles like this. This really shakes my confidence in Coursera for future courses. Im definitely not going to pay for any courses in the future.

By Sandor A M

Apr 26, 2020

Poor content and extraordinary experience! The lecturer is directly persuading students to purchase on Amazon/ebay as part of the exercise. It was not obligatory, still I have not seen such a direct persuasion performed during an online course. I have been suing coursera since years to broaden my knowledge. This was the course that alienated me from the platform. Great marketing success!:)

By Panagiota S

Oct 16, 2016

Totally useless.

1) Why is she speaking so so so slow? I put the playback rate at X 1,50 in order to be able to understand her.

2) She is just making a summary in bullets of the readings that we are supposed to read anyway. Nothing new in the lectures.

If it was not a part of the Specialization I would never follow that course, neither the other one taught by the same professor.

By Christine D

Apr 23, 2016

This instructor is god-awful, I'm sorry to say. By the 3rd week, I stopped caring about this class, and my grade for that week definitely expresses my disinterest. I'm having to force myself to finish it. Has she ever taught a class before? I felt like this was her first time. Uninspired - not looking forward to her next class.

By Neda B

Sep 09, 2015

Un-organized, scattered non professional course. All the materials keep changing during the course. Materials in each module includes readings and exams were not related. Though, I enjoyed the other courses in this series and think they were great, but I am afraid this one was a real disappointment.

By Emily W

May 24, 2017

This quality of this course is nowhere near that of the other courses. Videos are redundant and poorly executed. Information is not practical or insightful, and often barely related to the main topic. I'm very disappointed in this course and would not recommend it to others as a standalone course.