Back to Media ethics & governance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Media ethics & governance by University of Amsterdam

Media Ethics and Governance About this course: This course explores some of the basic theories, models and concepts in the field of media ethics. We will introduce influential ethical theories and perspectives, explore changing societal demands and expectations of media creation and media use, and we will elaborate on existing ethical norms for media professionals. After following this course, you will be able to reflect on ethical dilemmas and develop a well-substantiated argumentation for ethical decision making in a variety of media-related contexts. Upon completion of this course, students should: • have knowledge of the history and development of perspectives on media ethics; • have knowledge of the dominant theoretical approaches and concepts; • be able to use this knowledge to develop a well-substantiated argumentation...

AK
Sep 4, 2020

This course provides excellent information about media ethics in various contexts. It is a good study if you are a professional or a student in the field of communication!

FV
Jun 9, 2020

This course helped me a lot. I could learn the history of Media Commissions. I learned about the ethical dilemmas of journalists and possible solutions. Thanks a lot.

1 - 25 of 93 Reviews for Media ethics & governance

By Faisal B K V

Jun 10, 2020

By Ahmed R

Nov 25, 2017

I highly recommend this course for anyone who is interested in Media and ethical problems related to media and how different parties communicate with each other as they raise multiple ethical problems need to be answered. It's very beneficial and useful course to gain a great amount of knowledge even if it just an introductory course but it helped me a lot.

Warmest Regards to the team and UvA

By Bernadette T E T

Mar 16, 2020

Great course! The topics are well-explained and the course is structured in a way that is easy to understand and follow. :)

By alizna

Dec 6, 2018

Excellent course for those who want to pursue Media and Communication in near future as a career.

By Ashraf o

Feb 12, 2018

great course

By Ruchira H

Jun 21, 2020

This course was one of the best courses I have taken so far. It helped me to understand a lot of concepts about media ethics and governance.

By Soma J

May 23, 2020

Thanks for teaching unknown facts about media ethics and governance

By Jose A

Jun 19, 2020

Amazing class. A definite must for any communication student.

By Laura C

Feb 4, 2020

Very well-structured course with excellent learning material.

By Grace Y

Oct 27, 2017

The course gave a nice introduction to media ethics.

By Adrija C

Apr 5, 2018

Very good in introducing ethical concepts

By Sergio A C A

Jul 12, 2019

Excellent!

By fujinyi

Feb 16, 2018

It is intense course. have lots of quiz and a little bit confusing when first listen and read.

Dutch English is not very clear but the course content is great. It helps me gain lots of perspectives and insight to understand our behaviors to make ethical judgment. Love the final assignment, it is difficult but helps refresh a lot of knowledge in class! Thank you!

By Tinotenda C

Jun 14, 2019

A good introductory course

By T.

Nov 10, 2020

I love the quizzes, and the lectures given by different professors. The detailed guideline for the peer review assignments shows how meticulous the school is with this online course. Thank you!

By Aylin K

Sep 5, 2020

By MAUSAM M

Jun 26, 2020

This course was very good and lots of information was discussed on media ethics and governance

By Tania M

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent course! The classes are very well structured and explained. I learned a lot.

By Harry D

Really good course, especially for the media journalism and ethics behind reporting.

By VARALAKSHMI P V T C

I got a very good knowledge about media ethics and governance

thanking you for help

By kavya_nikhita

I recommend it surely and the way they teach is really nice and understandable...

By Reda A

Oct 19, 2020

I enjoyed this course, it was exactly as I expected it to be - informative.

By ARIJIT M

Happy with the course, have learned something about ethics of governence.

By Avantika S

Aug 1, 2020

Excellent course. Teaches a lot in a very lucid way making things clear.

By Fazil G

Got a lot to learn. Thank you. Such an interactive way of learning.