Back to Memoir and Personal Essay: Managing Your Relationship with the Reader

Memoir and Personal Essay: Managing Your Relationship with the Reader, Wesleyan University

4.3

About this Course

The blank page can be the most daunting obstacle in writing. In this course, aspiring writers will assemble a “starter kit” for approaching the blank page by developing constructive ways to think about the writing process as a whole. While subsequent courses in this series will focus on the mechanics of good writing, this course offers ways to think about the writer’s relationship to her material, and ultimately develop a writing style that is uniquely her own....

By JH

Jan 22, 2019

started me on the path of writing a good personal essay

3 Reviews

By Lisa Barry

Apr 07, 2019

Lots of insightful tips and thought provoking ideas for my memoir.

By June Westerfield

Feb 25, 2019

I audited this course to brush up on my personal essay skills. I think that's something every blogger and writer, like myself, should do periodically. I enjoyed the course and I think I'll enjoy the rest of the specialization just as well.

By Mark G Wyse

Jan 09, 2019

Eye opening from a technical writing viewpoint but slightly frustrating practically as it took me longer to finish than I wanted due to relying on others to review my work. Nevertheless, this course has some vital information for writers. Recommended.