Back to Microwave engineering and antennas

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Microwave engineering and antennas by Eindhoven University of Technology

4.1

This unique Master-level course provides you with in-depth know-how of microwave engineering and antennas. The course combines both passive and active microwave circuits as well as antenna systems. Future applications, like millimeter-wave 5G/beyond-5G wireless communications or automotive radar, require experts that can co-design highly integrated antenna systems that include both antennas and microwave electronics. We will provide you with the required theoretical foundation as well as hands-on experience using state-of-the-art design tools. The web lectures are supported by many on-line quizzes in which you can practice the background theory. Next to this, we will provide you hands-on experience in a design-challenge in which you will learn how to design microwave circuits and antennas. Throughout the course you will work on the design challenge in which you will design a complete active phased array system, including antennas, beamformers and amplifiers. The course is supported by a book written by the team of lecturers, which will be made available to the students. After finalizing the course a certificate can be obtained (5 ECTS), which can be used when you start a full MSc program at Eindhoven University of Technology. The lecturers all have an academic and industrial background and are embedded in the Center for Wireless Technology Eindhoven (CWT/e) of Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands....

1 - 2 of 2 Reviews for Microwave engineering and antennas

By ALESSANDRO S

Jan 5, 2021

The course is very interesting and it has increased my cultural baggage. It has helped me in the theory and design of the Antennas. Very interesting for me it was the design of the Patch Antenna, the use of CST and Qucs as Microwave Design Tools. I have very appreciated the teaching method and the clarity in explanations of the instructors. I hope that other interesting courses so as this will be organized.

By Miguel P

Jan 7, 2021

I learned but I think that the quizz system can be improved. It should be clearly stated the number of decimal figures to use in the calculations. Also, I'd appreciate additional explanations from the "intuitive" point of view.