Back to Music for Wellness

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Music for Wellness by Berklee College of Music

You love music. You listen to music all the time. Maybe you sing, play an instrument, or compose music. You don’t need to have musical talent to use music to enhance your well being, and even your health. Learn simple techniques to enrich your mind, body, and spirit through music. The methods can be applied in your daily life, particularly when you are feeling down or stressed out. Developed by a board-certified music therapist and a vocalist/pianist/composer/recording artist specializing in Indian music, these strategies combine science with the wisdom of Eastern philosophy. In the course, discover how to unlock your creativity. You will learn not only how to listen to music in a new way, but also how to listen to the impact that music has on you. You will find out how to care for yourself by practicing coping techniques that are supported by music that is special to you....

PO
May 14, 2021

I enjoyed the lessons by Sussanne and Annette. They made it so easy for me to learn and understand how misc relates to wellness. It is my hope that I can create music for wellness.

EE
May 3, 2021

Easy going learning, full of many tips and point for reflections immediately adoptable. This course makes me go on improving my curiosity in this topic. I strongly recommend it.

1 - 25 of 84 Reviews for Music for Wellness

By Jasmine F

Sep 30, 2020

Great course for learning how to use music for our well-being. However, the course is constantly being used to promote the sales of their online courses and programs.

By Eve C

Mar 6, 2021

I feel like I can successfully incorporate music for wellness into my life now. I really enjoyed the course. Thank you!

By Kathleen P

Apr 16, 2021

This course really helped me a lot. Recently I met a lot of difficulties in my life and even wanted to commit a suicide. It was this course that helps me to vent my negative feelings and regain the willing to live. Thank you very much.

By Alonso P M

Nov 28, 2020

Excelentes técnicas de meditación y mantras, aprendí mucho sobre el ser humano y su conexión con la música

By Laura R

Feb 19, 2021

Wonderful course. The playlists assignment at the end was a really great opportunity to share music.

Apr 16, 2021

Terrible course! Only for perfect happy people with a theatrical smile and bleached teeth! Everyone else, STAY AWAY!!!!

By Bi Y

May 27, 2021

Really enjoyed this course. Had to compose and create 3 songs for the first 3 assignments and also write a reflection for the last assignment. The course/lessons gave enough tips and advice to students on how to complete the assignment. If you want to learn ways to calm yourself down using music, this is the course for you.

By Ilana R

Feb 15, 2021

This course was so great! I learned so much about my self and how music can help guide me through different emotions!

By Sakari J

Apr 29, 2021

Call it "Yoga for wellness" or something as such. This course offers very, very little music theory apart from the literature referred to, but not integrated, in the videos. From a songwriter's perspective, this course was a complete waste of time. For a therapist's...well, I would have to accept a non-western explanation of the psyche, anatomy and medicine that could seem flaky, unscientific and “new age”, for lack of a better term. I would be embarrassed to have this on my CV, and I regret signing up. How do I unenroll?

By Dimitra K

May 24, 2021

An enjoyable course. I am not a musician, yet I realised that it was really easy to follow this course. It taught me how to integrate music in my daily life as well as in situations when I am experience intense emotions or difficculties. The assignments each week were also very interesting and challenging in a positive way.

By Patima W

Jun 17, 2021

​This course is really great. I have absolutely no idea about music but now I learnt a lot more and i'm now able to compose songs and understand more about music. I would recommend this to anyone sho interested in music and just a biginner. Thank you

By Emanuela

May 4, 2021

By Ana G S G

May 12, 2021

I really enjoy doing this course and I just want to say thank you to Annette Phillip and Suzanne Hanser for the wonderful and interested course. Thanks :-)

By Hamdullah S A

Feb 19, 2021

Thaks a lot.. It was a very well organised course... I learned many things.. I tried to remember my musical backraound and I prepared my playlist..

By GEOCONDA N R R

May 18, 2021

I found it an incredible course, in which I learned to develop my skills and know the ability to change my emotions. it was great

By Ankit K

Apr 30, 2021

Although, there are many techniques for evaluation of a class. What is your suggestion? Which technique does work efficiently?

By Carolyn p

Nov 30, 2020

love it

By Vasile O

Dear all,

Although I'm not a musician, I really enjoyed being part of this wonderful and challenging project.

I was nicely surprised about the music and beyond it, I met great and dedicated teachers and I learnt a lot from the peers valuation, advices and appraisal.

I think it was a real great job to do this and now when I completed this course, as James Brown would say, 'i feel good...I feel nice...So nice, So nice ..."

Looking forward to meeting you again,

Vasile.

By Kate S

May 7, 2021

I'm so glad I chose to take this course! It helped me return to my roots in music. It reminded me why I've always loved to sing and write. Creating the Autobiographical Playlist (and not judging myself for the choices) was a major growth moment for me as an artist. I highly recommend this course!

By Bhawna A

May 11, 2021

The content of the course is well defined and served the purpose of understanding music as a source of mindfulness and healing. A well planned and interesting way of learning music. It was offical come back course to return to music. kudos to facilitators and developers of the course.

By Samuel G

May 12, 2021

This course isn't just great but eye opening and it enlightens me the impact of music type on me as a person. It also forced me to write my own first song (i ve Actually been lazy to do it, but mow I finally did for the vrry first time snd now it won't havr to stop, never again!

By Chris A

Jul 21, 2021

I really enjoyed the quantitative and spiritual balance in this course. Annette and Suzanne were a perfect balance. It tied a lot of the recording work I have sound with Sound Meditation artists together too, to get a true sense of what they do. Thanks!

By Nicola R

May 14, 2021

Extraordinary journey into the beneficial effects of misica. It takes very little to give a boost in overcoming the daily difficulties with some right music. The instructors are amazing. Thanks for this great opportunity! I have discovered a new world.

By Peter W

Apr 19, 2021

Great course! Very fun for someone like me that enjoys music yet really didn't think I could create it. The instructors helped get me past that awkward feeling and do more than I thought I could. Others should have fun with that class too!